Autocompiler not working

The autocompiler keeps erroring on me it just keeps repeating one message over and over and then closeing itself B4YJNs.jpg 

i hope someone can help me fix this i tried validating the tool it didn't  work i got rid of all the other mods same problem

• Developer

Do you have these files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\buildtools\windows\Python27\Lib\site-packages\site.py
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\buildtools\windows\Python27\Lib\site.py

It's odd to me that your mods tools are installed to "C:\Program Files" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)"

• Developer

You could try installing the game/mods tools to a steam directory outside of Program Files, to something like c:\Games, so that there aren't spaces in the filepath. The error in your log where program files is split at the space is odd, and peculiar why your system is having a problem there.

ok trying that

uh it dident put it in a c\games o.o i change the install to put it there but i guess there nothing like that in there

edit 1 trying to see if it go into program files (x86) steam

edit 2 It seem to not install anywere else other then program file steam

Edited by Halowinner

• Developer

I thought you could tell Steam to install something outside the typical program files directory, but that appears to only be an option when you have multiple harddrives.

Unfortunately I'm at loss for what else could be causing the problem.

• Developer
Just now, Halowinner said:

ugh well thanks for trying to help sorry for takeing up your time with this

No problem. I'm sorry that we weren't able to address the problem on your machine. You could also try this from another user log on on your PC, or from a different computer if one is available.

• Developer

Yup, you should be able to re-purpose these two commands for building images and animations.

"..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\buildtools\windows\Python27\python.exe" "..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\compiler_scripts\image_build.py" "..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\soulmates\images\inventoryimages\bindingring.png"

"..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\scml.exe" "..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\soulmates\exported\myprefab\bindingring_build.scml" "..\..\Don't Starve Mod Tools\mod_tools\..\..\Don't Starve Together\mods\soulmates"

ok well i try that (was gonna try to um use my sister computer and try to compiler but if this works welp then yay

just need to figure where all that is XD derp

wait what do i do with the image build py?

also python exe the cmd thing comes up but goes away like in a sec is that right?

Edited by Halowinner