Apply new priority system to consumables window too

I think this is a must because why not?

For example I don't want dupes to eat food that doesn't meet their food expectation unless there isn't high quality food unavailable WITHOUT the change to system I need to manually switch off other food types for dupe to eat that food.

The sole purpose of request for this is that we can make endless Barbecue that grants bonus to stress removal

I like this idea. Windowz is right in how it currently works, but it would also be cool to have the finer control. For instance in my current setup I don't want dupes eating Meal Lice, because I want them to get made into Lice Loafs first, so I have Meal Lice unticked for all dupes. But if my base starts starving, I want them to eat the Meal Lice immediately. Using the new priority system I could just set Meal Lice on a lower priority than all the other foods rather than having to go into Consumables and turn on Meal Lice every time I get a food shortage.

There's one big problem with having a priority system for this though. If my dupes are having to wait just a little while for each Lice Loaf to be made, if they have Meal Lice on a lower priority, they will eat up the Meal Lice every time rather than wait for a better meal. I guess that's the tradeoff you'd have to make.

11 hours ago, WiDOWZ said:

Pretty sure its setup so that they eat the highest quality allowed/available to them already. 

I am pretty sure this is the case, cuz my dupes would always eat the omelettes I made instead of other foods.

Archived