Dont starve missing items

Hi all,

I might be wrong but why in ds and rog are we unable to tame and ride a beefalo?

Why don't ds and rog have thin fencing and gates?

Why don't we have to ability to buy the plushes and have different looking chests and backpacks?

Why haven't the different bosses in dst i.e Reanimated skeleton, Antlion, Klus and bee queen not been added to ds and rog?

There is no reason why these things haven't been added into ds and rog, these things have already been made and introduced into dst am sure it wouldn't take long to put these things into ds and rog.

Lee

17 minutes ago, leea123 said:

will this add the stuff into the base game and rog?

No, if you buy DST, you have these mobs/items/features etc only in DST. I don't know about any plans to bring these into DS and it's very likely they won't.

27 minutes ago, leea123 said:

There is no reason why these things haven't been added into ds and rog, these things have already been made and introduced into dst am sure it wouldn't take long to put these things into ds and rog.

If there were no reason, then the devs would have already added them ;) 

One reason could be the lore: most of these new stuff was created by Charlie, and so after the events of DS. 

Some of these were specifically designed to be a multiplayer challenge: Bee Queen and Toadstool for example. 

Another thing is that the engine of DS and DST are quite different (this is also one reason why SW isn't ported to DST), it would be a lot work to rewrite all the stuff.

Fair enough for the bosses but the cosmetic things like fences and the different looking backpacks etc that' not lore. 

I have been reading that the devs have given up on ds and rog and just focusing on dst which seems unfair coz without the support they had for ds and rog there would be no dst.

They really need to give some ore love to the base game in my opinion

1 hour ago, leea123 said:

I have been reading that the devs have given up on ds and rog and just focusing on dst which seems unfair coz without the support they had for ds and rog there would be no dst.

They really need to give some ore love to the base game in my opinion

They do. SW got the Home Sea Home update and a new DLC is coming to DS, namely Hamlet. And that will be most likely DS exclusive.

Fair enough but I want the plushies but when I know you can get skins but I cant use them in my game I don't wanna buy. Klei is losing money there this is something that should be in the base game in my opinion

Taming and riding Beefalo isn't necessary in DS since there aren't marble pieces/etc. They (and raid bosses) were created as additional content for DST specifically, since multiple players collaborating make the original game way too easy. New lore and new content furthered the story as DST was created.     

Klei would have to add in a bunch of other content to make riding Beefalo not super-OP in singleplayer, and adding that in means considerable changes to DS. These are different games, and DS is basically done, it was finished like 5 years ago. Don't look for changes to it other than bug fixes and DLC.    

People have been asking for gates/doors for years now, but they aren't needed in singleplayer other than aesthetically. Skins are also unnecessary, since there's no need to differentiate craftables when the only person in a world is ourself.    

I do agree they would be nice to have, and there are mods for some things... but Klei literally had to rewrite their code to make DST/multiplayer. Adding content to a finished game on Steam and/or in the marketplace is a whole 'nother venture with its own pros-and-cons. Actual development/additions are way more complicated than a simple copy-paste.

If you don't want to play because you can't use a skin, I think your priorities may be a bit misplaced for what DS represents. Stick to DST/multiplayer instead. You can play on your own server alone if you want all the content without buying the original singleplayer game. 

I love the DS but each with its content is very good for the new experiences both in the DST and in the DS, I do not miss the things of the Dst in the DS and vice versa and I understand that each has to be done in a way because Singplayer and multiplayer are different is good Like this.

Well...I don't know what platform you're playing DS on, but if it's a PC there ARE mods that bring..._some_ of the DST-only content to singleplayer.  Imperfectly, but they do.  There's pets, fences :), a wardrobe (although it functions differently), meteors (!), the Toadstool, mushroom hats and such, and even one that allows you to wear a _few_ skins in-game.  Haven't tried that one much yet.

But yeah, look for that stuff, it's out there.  It may not be the official programming but it's better than nothing.  I myself already use a good deal of the above in my singleplayer game on a regular basis.

...Notorious

It doesn't make business sense for klei to make DS and DST identical.

If I own DS, and DS has all the stuff DST has, then why would I buy DST?

If I own DS, and I don't care about playing with friends, the only reason I would spend money on DST is if there was content in DST that is not in DS.

Archived