Frozen in Concrete

The robot was immortal and feared nothing.   400 HP and a stack of gears, take that world!     It was a bitterly cold winter night when said robot and companion went out on a short mission, a routine affair, nothing to write home about to the base dwellers.    En route the thermal stones began to cool and a small fire was built as we entered a cool concrete like rock biome.    

While we passed the time our boredom was suddenly interrupted by a little black visitor clacking tiny feet across the hard unforgiving stone surface.   A pest, an annoying little creature demanding attention from us as it hissed and ran around the fire harassing us.    With a quick few blows my fellow travel dispatched the over sized arachnid and hey presto!    Suddenly a swarm of a size I had never witnessed before approached from 3 different directions.    No problem thought the robot.. "turn on headlamp and run" but what about my friend who seemed to be in trouble?   

On the spur of the moment WX-78 changed his mind and threw on a marble suit, heck he was invincible anyways (with 3 marble suits as backup)!    Well..when you have a huge mob of creatures biting at all the same time, it is pretty hard to strike out and return the blows isn't it?    HP started draining like a sped up video as the poor metallic contraption seemed to be in a state of seizure.   400...325...250...150..., time to get the hell out of here!!  Not so fast WX, you've got a millstone around your neck with that marble suit.    Staggering like a drunk a few steps were taken before the machinery broke into pieces on to the ground accompanied by the horrible sound of a bag expelling gas that foreshadows death in DST.   

The companion?    Escaped with nary a scratch, profusely apologizing but also trying to hold back laughter.    WX, humiliated and impotent said those words he vowed never to speak again, "can you rez me?".   

Never get too comfortable.

Archived