Hiding admin status?

Hey everyone,

Is it possible to hide the admin status if you are the server owner? I have searched the forums here, steam and googled it but the only thing i found was setting the console to false and that didn't work. Can it be done someway?

Afaik it's not possible, other than not being an admin. (Maybe with a mod, not sure if there is one like that.)

That being said, you could let someone else generate a server key for you, so your character isn't automaticially an admin on that server, despite yourself still hosting the server and having console access over the server console itself. Keep in mind though, that the person that generated said key for you is automaticially an admin on your server.

Thank you for taking time and answer me Daniel86268, i was afraid that was the case since i couldn't find anyting about it anywhere :(

I think that future shall be added because ive noticed that some people don't want to play with admins because they think that everyone is spawning in stuff and "cheating". I personally just use my admin power to kick/ban users who burn down bases and sabotage for others.

22 hours ago, Perss00n said:

Thank you for taking time and answer me Daniel86268, i was afraid that was the case since i couldn't find anyting about it anywhere :(

I think that future shall be added because ive noticed that some people don't want to play with admins because they think that everyone is spawning in stuff and "cheating". I personally just use my admin power to kick/ban users who burn down bases and sabotage for others.

I can totally see the point of players like that, I guess that's quite a common thing, I've seen it happen in other games.

One thing people like that don't see is though, that there are no servers without admins, and as you said someone has to ban griefers that are misbehaving. Otherwise it'd be total anarchy and grieferdorado. I mean, be honest: Playing with an admin is the best base defense against griefers you can have :p .

That being said maybe you should just find a nice group of players to play with together that don't mind that little star next to your name, and just enjoy playing the game with you. For long time playing you can also get yourself a Discord server and invite people you like to play with so you can talk over Voice chat as well, and stay in touch.

Archived