Sign in to follow this  
Ipsquiggle

Ranching Upgrade Mark I Preview Now Available! - 258691

blash365    776

Awesome! Thanks a ton! Extensions to the critter system are one of my most longed for changes!

@Ipsquiggle: I understand that the geysers most likely require a new map seed. Or are there ways to enclose these changes in existing savegames? How likely is it that we will have to restart our maps after (hot)fixes during this preview/release?

Ipsquiggle    8271
1 minute ago, blash365 said:

@Ipsquiggle: I understand that the geysers most likely require a new map seed. Or are there ways to enclose these changes in existing savegames? How likely is it that we will have to restart our maps after (hot)fixes during this preview/release?

You'll definitely need to create a new world once to get the new geysers, but once you have then most tuning and behaviour changes should automatically apply to the geysers that are in that save.

• Thanks 2

Lifegrow    1710

Any news on late game power options yet? These new stations will no doubt be power hungry i'd imagine?

Still seeing hardly anyone using the steam turbine, and natural gas power plants bore the heck out of me...

Ipsquiggle    8271

To reiterate concerning Mark I, the next update is planned as Ranching Upgrade Mark II, following the usual 6-week release cycle.

Hanro50    47

Always cool to see more worldgen, will probably be fun to poke around and see those new geysers

Is the map size still the same?

midjones    49

So far I haven't found any "new" geysers -- all geysers have new graphics, and appear to be nerfed (variable output & dormancy cycles), although appears to be 4 geysers instead of 3

Amara313    49
Spoiler

omg....hatches can die from starvation.  there were 10 here a few cycles ago

image.thumb.png.4f26f9d7bfaf0c15a44227c1cadc1a76.png

*Edit - false alarm.  The little buggers were hiding in the airlock door.  Don't panic!

Edited by Amara313