Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Arean

Beefalo and mosquitos invisible on vanilla

Arean    0

Since last week on vanilla don't starve my beefalo are sometimes invisible and don't interact and mosquitos are always invisible. Never had this problem but don't know exactly when it started, besides the 1st day I played DS again in a while

JanH    4,161

Which version of Don't Starve are you playing on? Are you on Steam or on the standalone/DRM-free version from Humble Store/GOG.com? Also, if you have not done so yet, please ensure that your game has been updated to the latest version

Should the issue persist, please provide us with your log.txt file found in documents folder - Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\log.txt

Arean    0

I'm using the Steam version and I believe it's updated. I'm playing the vanilla, the first one without ROG or Shipwrecked but I'm on the beta for shipwrecked too. I decided to give a try to vanilla DS because I never unlocked Maxwell and Wes.

I'm gonna upload my log file too but the game doesn't crash or anything, it's just the mob is there but not visible. Mosquitos still attack

log.txt

JanH    4,161

The log is not indicating an issue with art assets or anim files. Are you currently playing on a beta branch, or are you opted out of all beta programs for Don't Starve?

If you are currently using a beta branch - please switch to NONE and then verify your game files one more time. How to opt out of beta branches:

Right-click Don't Starve in your Steam library -> Properties -> BETAS branch -> choose "NONE" to opt out.