Recommended Posts

reverentsatyr    2,778

Sweet, I think I'll actually get a pupper and not abandon it this time. Who can say no to that face?

Image

I'm pretty proud of my skin collection so far. I haven't paid a single cent for item skins, but I still have quite a bit of them.

Edited by reverentsatyr
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
csc_unit    1,148
43 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

Sweet, I think I'll actually get a pupper and not abandon it this time. Who can say no to that face?

Ho man, no matter how cute a critter gets, there will inevitably be an "alright that's enouugh, you're done" moment.

 

One gamer needs a break

Edited by csc_unit
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainChaotica    4,634
On 1/17/2020 at 3:53 PM, RobKozoki said:

Chilly bird friends 

20200116043437_1.jpg

Wow, RobKozoki, that is one hell of a picture for your very first post here!  Welcome aboard!  :)

(also that is a LOT of frozen turkey.  Somebody should call Butterball.  : P)

Let's see, what does I gots...

frogsofsummer.png.311981d14592f7a01a9eafe29b6415c5.png

The Frogs of Summer--aka what happens when a frog rain happens on the VERY last day of spring.  They were a lot of "help" while I was trying to make my endothermic firepit...

...and also delicious.  :)

"I can tell you, my love for you will still be strong/After the frooogs of summer have gooone..." sorry couldn't resist.  XD

runninginthesummerforest.png.2945e76d86a6a8e8720c5f59f89cb5e3.png

Isn't this just PURTY?  I love these fairy-tale esque traipsing through the forest shots...(and again, if anyone wonders why the trees are that big:  mod.)

summercherryforest.png.2b9a44cc1c1ee1d1f0bb5085f7115267.png

Then we went to the Cherry Forest, which was so pretty I IMMEDIATELY left--so it wouldn't burn down because of my presence . : P

(Did I think to even get like ONE cherry for food/planting while I was there?  Noooo, of COURSE not...)

I didn't _intend_ to be running exactly the same direction in both pictures, by the way.  It looks like I'm going on one big long trip to the left!  XD

teenbirdwasteland.png.d65a7a4040db26b80377a1e7daa34127.png

If you look carefully, you can JUST see the remains of the teenbirds' dead parent, fading out of existence.  Man, MCR was right--teenagers scare the living (stuff) out of ME, too--and not just the human ones!

I then of course immediately ran in and swooped up their mom's corpse for my own dinner before she was even cold on the ground.  Wait...do you think maybe this game is a little messed-up sometimes..?

 armouredcatcoon.png.b90b145ce402c98a9d8969440af85413.png

Withered bushes, a catcoon who's ready for battle, and a moleworm butt.  Yep.

twokindsoffire.png.350e28125e427c54b33a123663596e1a.png

...How To Confuse Your Body Temperature:  Exhibit A.  Also my cat apparently thinks the summer heat isn't ENOUGH, and has decided it would be comfier if her butt was on fire.  Well, I guess that's what I get for naming it "Charmander"...

And last but not least...

imgonnafry.png.19fc67018b100d06dbbe9a3b9801542b.png

...the time I almost freakin' DIED.  This is kind of a small "Tale of Life and Death" in and of itself; maybe I'll post it over there.

...Notorious

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GetRektKids    883
On 1/18/2020 at 2:58 AM, Rinkusan said:

I think this is the luckiest skin-drop combo I've ever gotten. It's also ironic that I got the last skin while testing a bird farm of all things.

20200118003626_1.thumb.jpg.51a23498f3051a27890d48e629a3a25d.jpg
 

I'm gonna JoeW'ing kill you!

 

I'm just jealous thats all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    2,219
10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Wow, RobKozoki, that is one hell of a picture for your very first post here!  Welcome aboard!  :)

(also that is a LOT of frozen turkey.  Somebody should call Butterball.  : P)

Let's see, what does I gots...

frogsofsummer.png.311981d14592f7a01a9eafe29b6415c5.png

The Frogs of Summer--aka what happens when a frog rain happens on the VERY last day of spring.  They were a lot of "help" while I was trying to make my endothermic firepit...

...and also delicious.  :)

"I can tell you, my love for you will still be strong/After the frooogs of summer have gooone..." sorry couldn't resist.  XD

runninginthesummerforest.png.2945e76d86a6a8e8720c5f59f89cb5e3.png

Isn't this just PURTY?  I love these fairy-tale esque traipsing through the forest shots...(and again, if anyone wonders why the trees are that big:  mod.)

summercherryforest.png.2b9a44cc1c1ee1d1f0bb5085f7115267.png

Then we went to the Cherry Forest, which was so pretty I IMMEDIATELY left--so it wouldn't burn down because of my presence . : P

(Did I think to even get like ONE cherry for food/planting while I was there?  Noooo, of COURSE not...)

I didn't _intend_ to be running exactly the same direction in both pictures, by the way.  It looks like I'm going on one big long trip to the left!  XD

teenbirdwasteland.png.d65a7a4040db26b80377a1e7daa34127.png

If you look carefully, you can JUST see the remains of the teenbirds' dead parent, fading out of existence.  Man, MCR was right--teenagers scare the living (stuff) out of ME, too--and not just the human ones!

I then of course immediately ran in and swooped up their mom's corpse for my own dinner before she was even cold on the ground.  Wait...do you think maybe this game is a little messed-up sometimes..?

 armouredcatcoon.png.b90b145ce402c98a9d8969440af85413.png

Withered bushes, a catcoon who's ready for battle, and a moleworm butt.  Yep.

twokindsoffire.png.350e28125e427c54b33a123663596e1a.png

...How To Confuse Your Body Temperature:  Exhibit A.  Also my cat apparently thinks the summer heat isn't ENOUGH, and has decided it would be comfier if her butt was on fire.  Well, I guess that's what I get for naming it "Charmander"...

And last but not least...

imgonnafry.png.19fc67018b100d06dbbe9a3b9801542b.png

...the time I almost freakin' DIED.  This is kind of a small "Tale of Life and Death" in and of itself; maybe I'll post it over there.

...Notorious

These pictures just make me further realize how damn empty and Bland looking the Xbox One version of DST looks.

I would Kill to have Cherry Trees like that.

Also.. how did the guy you commented on’s post of all the frozen birds end up getting Actual ICE Turf??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
__IvoCZE__    6,828
23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

how did the guy you commented on’s post of all the frozen birds end up getting Actual ICE Turf??? 

Ice animations look very interesting when they are in summer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike23Ua    2,219
1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Yeah...it's sad that mods don't work on the console versions.  The Cherry Forest mod was made by someone who posts here regularly, too--ADM.  But sometimes I see big wide depressing bare areas in my own forest biomes, so I take along tree seeds with me and plant them there to pretty it up myself.  At least we can both do that.  :) 

Oh, and earlier than my Obnoxious Long-Ass Summer...also this:

firecat.png.371b51e688cf1f681f7c0acaa1c0afb5.pngfirecatcloseup.png.33715c85ecb86027c45ec40a74466106.pngfirecatcloserup.png.4dc732ad8452431e32a516bb29d5bb97.png

...nope, I don't see any problem here.

(In case you're wondering how I got the fire so HUGE--it's because fires spread to cover the _entire_ item that's aflame, and this is a larger than normal tree, from the Big Evergreens Together mod or whatever its actually called.  So, stretched tree = stretched fire.

But it looks like I have THE CAT OF HELLFIRE!!, who is just sitting there like "...what?"  XD

(also you can tell I took this picture earlier in real-life time, too--if you look to the left, you will clearly see a fancy Winter's Feast snowflake outlined against the dark lake.  Heh.)

...Notorious

Mods probably won’t ever be approved for console simply just because of how Strict Sony & Microsoft are upon them.

There are very very few games that support Modded Content, I can only name Two that I know of- Skyrim & Fallout 4. And even those are extremely limited to what Sony/Microsoft deems approve-able

However- Ark Survival Evolved had a Huge Mod for a map called Ragnarok.. and the Developers liked the player created mod so much that they ported on over to consoles as Actual DLC content.

I am Hopeful that the same thing can happen with stuff such as Regorgitated & your Cherry Trees (Which I’m Totally Jealous Of.) Hah

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainChaotica    4,634

Yeah, I've heard about that too--about how there are very _few_ console games that support mods (and that Skyrim is one of them--I have seen someone do a Let's Play where all the dragons were replaced with "Macho Man" Randy Savage.  XD) I've seen that thing with mods being (eventually) included in the main game, too, so...

Anyway, pictures.

skittersquidparty.png.90cc7af96f99a1cfdaff6b989526e755.png

My new summer neighbors.  Ain't no party like a skittersquid party, HAAAAAYYY! (waves arms in the air dorkily)

(also, like my matching all-red summer fashion?  Lol.)

What are my new neighbors the skittersquids neighbors _to_? This:

summerlounge.png.4b463b620d1329af1892edab03707a11.png

It's simple, but this is kinda an auxilliary base for the summer.  It's in a pretty good location--in the savannah patch of the Dragonfly's desert, far away from the Dragonfly herself _and_ the hound mounds but near a lot of cactus, there's some rabbits available, grass and twigs in tumbleweeds, and off to the left, the Pig King/Glommer's birch forest and around the corner from THAT, is an entry to the Cherry Forest.  Cut through the Pig King's forest the narrow way into a savannah and hook north and you'll find a big rock biome.  Along the way:  spiders and beefalo (and murderous teenbirds).

So it's just as well the skittersquids aren't auto-hostile, 'cos their chosen migration route is like...just BARELY offscreen to the right from here.  XD

"The Summer Lounge" is very simple for now, but then again I just built it.  I plan to get seeds off that tree (there WERE two matching trees; then one turned into charcoal the second I looked away) and start shading up the desert eventually.  Also that umbrella totally isn't there because I kept trying to make one of my new fancy ones and forgot to switch it beforehand.  Nope.  That's pure generosity. : P

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainChaotica    4,634

EXACTLY.  XD  I'd used that joke on pictures of Willow herself standing in a fire before, so I didn't want to do it again. 

thisisfine2.png.fdc2e5c8cf584b284e124dd28e7b0843.pngthisisfine.png.a1d683879e17c800de13ea076224fdae.png

But it was definitely _implied_ . : P

EDIT:  I just now noticed how you also gave the kitty the original dog's jaunty little hat.  XD

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainChaotica    4,634

Sigh.  And, that's exactly why I hate this--it's a stereotype, really ANYone can make a damn torch, but just when you think the "Willow = griefer" thing is _finally_ starting to die down, somebody like THIS comes along and ruins it for everyone who plays her responsibly.

I mean, that forest I'm burning down in the second picture was in SINGLEPLAYER--meaning I can't mess up anybody but me.   (Which explains why she's pure vanilla Willow in that screenshot--no skins.)  And the first picture, those are trees I planted specifically in that spot because there were no other burnables nearby.  I later replanted along the same road, way _more_ trees, and they now make an awesome landmark.

But, SPEAKING of random fires...back to my summer vacation slides!

friedbuzzard.png.8418b2475ddfc95b4d2a6f39105cf528.png

We're back at "The Summer Lounge" and, well...I guess we know what happened to THAT buzzard...

ahsummer.png.702ab7b34843e742917eded7fd21f00a.png

I swear to god, the Antlion decided to start throwing their little hissyfit...AT EXACTLY THE SAME MOMENT THE DOGS ATTACKED!  You see those little rocks flying up from the sinkhole on the lower left?  Yeah!  That's a sinkhole in the process of forming!  This is one of those moments that's just so perfectly...THIS GAME, you can't help but laugh and tear your hair out at the same time.

Well that was stressful.  Let's go for a nice civilized little stroll in the park, shall we?  Come along, Chester, Charmander!

willowthesouthernbelle.png.cd3e2df861348d42ba7c05b9301f9d28.png

Southern Belle in the Park, oil on canvas, 1832

cherrytreedevastation.png.4c6d4a3401c282b88b3b41583eaf20df.png

Going on with the "southern belle" thing:  "Scarlett O'Hara looks on at the devastation of Atlanta..."

(aka apparently part of the Cherry Forest ALREADY burned down.  Man, those things are freaky-looking.  They're so dark, it's like holes have been _cut out_ of the world!)

sakurapetals.png.e829299008d3243b8138837f0d6fdfb1.png

But enough of that, let's take a hard left turn into some kind of schoolgirl romance anime!  "Oh, Senpai!"  (cherry petals drift on the wind)

Fun thing I just found out:  That random petals blowing across the foreground thing is not a feature of the cherry forest _biome_.  It's a feature of the trees themselves!  MEANING, that now that I've planted a bunch of them at camp (spoilers), you'll sometimes get a petal in the face while hanging around base!  XD

cherrypatrol.png.f7cb66f3cd3ffa660ecd50db14e36b12.png

CHERRYLING:  Hiiiii!  I'm your friendy Cherry Forest Ambassador!  Whatcha doin'....?

doublecherry.png.3eb431835eca23bf4d8706cb0f178c56.png

And then I decided to..._nicely persuade_ some of the trees to give me their fruit.

...with my axe.

poorbunny.png.c619180882400b429569c5ecc9a3865f.png

That poor rabbit!  I swear, this is at _least_ the third animal I saw burn to death right in front of my eyes this summer, and several others happened off-screen.  Summer is BRUTAL.  Which is why I was especially glad to see...

thankdemeter.png.498988e059cf0b5dbb1e34cb441a49fd.png

THIS.

Thank you, my leafy meteorologists.

(And yes, as you can see at the bottom, Antlion had to get ONE LAST hissyfit in! : P)

...Notorious

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fimmatek    3,636

Oh, I love playing on public servers. Last time a Wolfgang joined, and I felt some irresistable urge to ask this:

image.png.728690076a2139bfae3b926e9e087e70.png

Based on Willow's quote on a dead Woflgang: GHOST = "Hey %s, did you know the heart's a muscle?"

On a different server I burnt down a forest for charcoal. One enthusiastic player chopped the trees, but didn't care to pick up the charcoal. So the fire spread back. Thanks...

image.thumb.png.59d875251c47b9a63fc7b9aa7d3cefc0.png

And then there was me, standing still in the middle of it just for the sake of a screenshot...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now