Screenshot showcase

Demon?  No, that's clearly JESUS Sapling--it can "walk" on water.  ;)

Like Jesus Cat!

jesuscat2.png.32df7b157173530383f047c00e2c67f9.png

They can hang out together.  Somehow.  XD  (To be fair, this is due to a mod being silly while Joshua the Sapling is ACTUAL game code, but still...)

I love how kitty even seems to have this self-satisfied little smirk on its face, too.  : P

...Notorious

4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Demon?  No, that's clearly JESUS Sapling--it can "walk" on water.  ;)

Like Jesus Cat!

jesuscat2.png.32df7b157173530383f047c00e2c67f9.png

They can hang out together.  Somehow.  XD  (To be fair, this is due to a mod being silly while Joshua the Sapling is ACTUAL game code, but still...)

I love how kitty even seems to have this self-satisfied little smirk on its face, too.  : P

...Notorious

But Jesus Lives in Heaven, Not In the Depths of the caves. And,Maybe,If a friend accepts, I Can bring your jesus cat to meet Miss Joshua?

Well, he's Jesus, so he can VISIT anywhere he wants.  : P  But the main problem with Jesus Cat meeting Miss Joshua, is...this isn't a screenshot from Together.  This happened in singleplayer.  (I can still visit your server and eventually get A kitty while there, of course.)  There's a Pets mod for regular Don't Starve, and it even works with Shipwrecked!

So of couse I was like "WHAT?  HOW?  I gotta see that.  Do they get on the boat with you?  That would be SO CUTE."

Turns out...no... XD  They just walk across everything like it was land!  The modder basically programmed around that problem by deciding it wasn't a problem.  : P  The way you get one is, somewhere on one island there'll be a pet den, with a hound spawner and a catcoon den near it, so you can get the...materials...for at least two types of pet (I always just spawn in a catcoon tail.  NO HURT KITTY!). That other screenshot I posted in the "Tidy Bases" thread was also in a singleplayer game where I was using that mod...I happened to base right near the spawner, which meant there was also a catcoon den.  Which meant kitties in my base _all the time_.  Love it. 

The spawner also comes with different kinds of rocks near it, so since I started in summer (!) that go-round, I was like "YES THANK YOU" (mine) (gold) (nitre) (science machine) (small endo fire) (not die of heatstroke) "PHEW." and just put my base there, 'cos my science machine was already there. Heh.

All that said...

kittyinaboat.png.fe35742cc038d86649b4b4f882d95762.png

...Shipwrecked Kitty will _sleep_ in a boat, if you're the right distance away.  XD

...Notorious

20180403140754_1.thumb.jpg.ad09ce5d9f6c9b1a9aff60701f9c08cb.jpg

Like eight people died to hounds while I was in the caves, then when I came back to revive them they all suddenly remembered there was a touchstone less then a screen away. So they all started using the touchstone, which caused lightning strikes to set the base on fire.

20180403140841_1.thumb.jpg.854906ca29fe9d5e090b64bf678e9089.jpg

Then one of them hit me and I died. Maxwell showed up with two waterballoons afterwards to try to put the fires out.

Wow.  This sounds like the epic ending to a chaotic Let's Play I'd totally watch.  Like, have you ever seen the Stumpt LP of Don't Starve Together, the Season 1 version?  Yeah.

This seems like that only more so.  XD  These pictures are very much of the "You might be wondering how I got here..." type.  Really makes you want to hear the REST of the story. 

...Notorious

3 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Wow.  This sounds like the epic ending to a chaotic Let's Play I'd totally watch.  Like, have you ever seen the Stumpt LP of Don't Starve Together, the Season 1 version?  Yeah.

This seems like that only more so.  XD  These pictures are very much of the "You might be wondering how I got here..." type.  Really makes you want to hear the REST of the story. 

...Notorious

Well it was one of those rare groups where it's six plus people who all don't know what they're doing trying to stay alive in a game which will kill you endlessly for not knowing what you are doing. And so all the people with 200+ hours end up being the ones that have to support the entire group while everybody either sits at base because it's too cold or dies randomly to junk and has to be revived until their max health is invisible.

Spoiler

There was a griefer in the group that was never identified who kept setting random things on fire and taking everything out of the fridge. So they ended up posting a guard on the fridge but food kept disappearing anyways. Apparently the amount of hounds that spawn during attacks massively scales up if a certain cap of people are together, so over a dozen hounds showed up to attack ten people with no equipment and they all periodically died across five minutes while I was in the caves. Because it's not like they can just run to find a mob to help them since they'll freeze to death so they all just had to stay near the camp with all the hounds. And the hounds killed all the people in the second base down the road too. Also the 1200+ hours Maxwell accidentally ran into a Varg I spawned because it wandered by the road he was blazing down.

Spoiler

They ended up resetting the server and made it to winter again with almost no warm clothes because nobody is thinking to prepare for winter. And they had no spider production either so there was no silk or glands coming in. So when I got back from the ruins I spent several days running back and forth between spiders and the camp because everytime I revived somebody another person died. In the end most of them just stood in camp whining about how hungry they were while a handful of people were running around doing work. They kept claiming that somebody was stealing food from the fridge again but actually the fridge was always empty this time because there was just no food so everytime any got put in it immediately got eaten.

Spoiler

So I asked one of the guys who starved to death in camp why he didn't go out looking for food when I gave him winter clothes and he's like "So what?" and I repeated that he had winter clothes so why didn't he go out looking for food when he was starving and he said "because I had no food" which is great. Eventually all the new players died off and left while all the experienced players rage quitted until there was just like six people left in the camp who knew what they were doing and fully restocked the fridge in a couple days. Then somebody set the base on fire and left while I was going to the guardian and the people that didn't want to rebuild quit. Then I died to the guardian because the wiki never mentions that you virtually can't kite it without 50%+ movement speed and it just eats tanks.

Oh, I'm not saying I blame you or anything.  I'm just saying it sounds like it would've been fun to watch.  Heh.  And I love the logic of that one guy.  "Why aren't you looking for food?"  "Because there isn't any here."

Um...

Wouldn't that be precisely WHY one would go out looking for food?!  I leave stuff unpicked on bushes and the ground all the time specifically for winter.  I will go on _long_ hikes for veggie filler if necessary, and I don't come back empty-handed.  But then, turtling at base bores me to death, so I'd likely go out on long hunter-gatherer hikes anyway.  : P

The Stumpt Let's Play, by the way, was even LESS competent than what you describe here--basically Jas was the only one who knew _any_thing and heavily carried the whole group, who did TRY to learn...they really did...but never quite got into the habit of stuff like always carrying grass and logs on you for nightfall, or don't leave camp without your thermal stone in winter, or PUT ON ARMOUR BEFORE YOU FIGHT FOR GODS' SAKE.  The second season didn't do much better. Their _third_, however, they're doing WAY more competently and have made it at least most of the way through summer--the season they never even SAW before!

It's entertaining but I would NOT watch it if you're easily frustrated.  However, I will say they do the best editing of a multi-player Let's Play I've ever seen--rather than everybody just having their own seperate versions so if you want to see what Joe was yelling about while Betsy's screen just showed her planting crops, you have to watch the whole thing over again from the other point of view--they just cut between the players based on who's doing the most interesting thing at the moment, or who's talking about something new, etc.  It's WONDERFUL.  So many more multiplayer groups need to do that.

Anyway.

...Notorious

But hilarious.  I especially loved the ghost rock-new wave band and the random made up on the spot songs, and now, the whole running gag with Kerfluffle attacking the camp with meteors.  XD  (It makes sense in context.  Ish.) 

Too bad they always record long sessions and then release episodes in batches, 'cos that means they will DEFINITELY not see any of the advice about summer until it's over.  : P

...Notorious

Way too much happens in my games.  Or, even when it doesn't, I like taking pictures of it anyway if it doesn't happen in a pretty or cute way.  Here's an oldie but a goodie: The Amazing Flying Goat!

amazingflyinggoat.png.12e581f54728293bdb72447d8accd938.png

(And yes, 2016--I _said_ this was an oldie.  : P)

Pardon my awful handwriting; I wrote that freeform with Paint with a normal right-handed mouse but I'm actually a lefty. How the hell I manage to _draw_ that way I still don't get...

That poor goat never made it back to shore.  Aww.

...Notorious

8 hours ago, Korlie said:

Well it was one of those rare groups where it's six plus people who all don't know what they're doing trying to stay alive in a game which will kill you endlessly for not knowing what you are doing. And so all the people with 200+ hours end up being the ones that have to support the entire group while everybody either sits at base because it's too cold or dies randomly to junk and has to be revived until their max health is invisible.

I sometimes hear people complain about the game being too easy. They need to go play on some pubs.

image.thumb.png.2b7269e881a70ca678845aeba95b1db9.png

This is getting out of hand...

They're muliplying...

And They've recruited moleworms...

(This is an actual game bug. I've no idea why it happenes but it's probably because of shipwrecked)

image.png.f4bbb44f38bf4ead55aea9c7c005d63e.png

Rare beefalo. Multihorned with 20 legs

The Easter Bunny, sleeping after a job well done:

gjeasterbunny.png.22232f438827456daab24be075b3bf83.png

Awww.  I decided to take a little break too.  (Chester had all my meat-related foods, so I could just hang.)

In case you're wondering this is from the Multilands/Megarandom World mod(s); you need both together to make it really work properly and I forget which exact part the giant bunny comes from.  Heh,

...Notorious

I teleported a Varg away after having the hounds spawn - turns out it was still pretty close, just over the water:

5acd019a1d6db_ScreenShot2018-03-12at23_18_46.thumb.png.d195006f3df20e55eed12f02d624ed87.png

Sure, I'll go ahead with this Klaus fight - what can possibly go wrong?

5acd021be79b6_ScreenShot2018-03-10at23_54_09.thumb.png.f28a1a524aa3c64b8fa63dbabdcac153.png

Clay Varg giving up half of its army:

5acd03af98734_ScreenShot2018-02-15at21_40_07.thumb.png.1ee67cde6f2f04361a31189c8db255be.png

And again, even conveniently spawning near my lucky gold nugget chest:

5acd042abd383_ScreenShot2018-02-28at21_11_39.thumb.png.03c408da024d8c3a7a3dc264783ae66c.png

Archived