Screenshot showcase

Ooh, that's gorgeous.  Makes me wish I had the wherewithal/fighting ability to get the ingredients for the cool light source things.  They're just so...cool-looking.

Screenshots, right...let's see what do I have new (or old but hasn't been seen by many people.  ;))

Cherry Penguin Time!

cherrypenguins.png.a648c483a7d45178c184ef655dada88f.png

:D

And Willow all alone, in a huge*, dark, spooky scary skeleton forest:

spookyforest.png.e07154df966d61b5ac7320531baca06e.png

'Tis (almost) the season, after all.  ::)

...Notorious

*And by that I mean both in area, and the individual trees.  You can't really tell here, but I'm using that mod that allows (evergreen) trees to get SO TALL YOU CAN'T SEE ALL OF IT EVEN IF YOU ZOOM OUT, and some of those are right here.  Bwahaha.

10 hours ago, everred said:

Wait Hallowed Nights is going to be an event? I've been taking a very long hiatus from DST so I had no idea about this!

I case you meant Forge-like event: no, it won't be a separate gamemode like the Forge and Gorge was. It will be an event (active in just a short period determined by Klei), but it'll most likely be just some in-game changes like last year. Most likely there will be some new features too.

On 10/2/2018 at 7:18 AM, Chris1488 said:
On 10/1/2018 at 9:10 PM, everred said:

How long was the hiatus, 3 years? They've been doing Hallowed Nights every Halloween since 2016.

Lol no, I guess I just never played DST during Hallowed Nights. Or my memory sucks. Probably the latter.

The Forge and the Gorge are actual EVENT events; as in there's a whole new mode available with completely different gameplay.  Also includes special new outfits, achievements, and icons/loading screens.

As far as I know this is gonna be a more or less ordinary Hallowed Nights, which means the costumes will come back and the Pig King will start giving out candy as well as gold.  However, there might be new other items too (such as pet skins?) we're not sure.

Good news, however--if they do it at roughly the same time as last year, the Forge will be starting again soonish!  So you'll be able to see one of the true events.  The Forge is...different.  You'll definitely notice it.  : P

...Notorious

Um...well if it's like the winter skins from 2016, I...think it'll still be available in the Steam market at least, after the season?  They're elegants but not loyals.  I dunno, I have the snowkit skin for my kittykits but it was given to me as a late Christmas present by a friend.  :)

Of course, mind you, we're only _speculating_ about pet (or any other new) skins...that's not something they've actually said, just something we'd like.  : P

EDIT:  Oh, a picture, right...this is the screenshot thread and we've now had 5 posts without any screenshots.  I suppose I better fix that or somebody will bench me out about it.  So...wait!  (snaps fingers) I know just the picture.  It's one of my favourites, I don't think I've ever uploaded it here before (that I can remember), AND, it's even timely!

fall2017dst.png.960822648ee20a80a9ef78eea01ace0e.png

Fall 2017 in a nutshell!  The Forge and Hallowed Nights--2gether 4ever (and never to part.  ;))

...Notorious

Archived