Sign in to follow this  
promero14

What was your first Wtf?!!?

buttercup    71

"Wow, what is that tall, monstrous creature with long bird legs and one eye? Why don't I just get a liiiiiiiiittle bit closer......."Yeah that didn't go so well for me.

Eating cooked monster meat the first time during my first play through at night during day 5.Back then it took away about 30 HP and I died instantly cause I was already missing some HP.

Syd    232

Tallbirds. I had no idea what they were capable of or how to deal with them. I didn't even try attacking one for a long time since I had no idea how hard they were to kill.

Cyde042    243

Tallbirds. I had no idea what they were capable of or how to deal with them. I didn't even try attacking one for a long time since I had no idea how hard they were to kill.

KILL THEM WITH THEIR OWN EGG! :insanitywolf:

Just today, I needed food on a mining expedition so I made a log suit and lured a tallbird away from the biome. I tried killing it but died in two hits not realizing that I hadn't equipped the log suit. Never had a "WTF" before that.

Edited by Wilson P. Higgsbury

Iris    41

The first time I played, Wilson said "Its getting dark... I should make a fire" and I ignored him :D The grue is ruthless!

Ridley    603

Ridley: Hey, I should go destroy that level one spider nest before it gets too much for me to handle.Spider Queen: (To spiders) Wait until his is three inches away, then we can ambush him.

Kuttie    20

The first time I saw a gobbler. (Their sounds sound so retarded, haha.) And the first time I ate a cooked mandrake ingame and suddenly birds fell to the ground. I just sat there, laughing.

Hounds. I hadn't been on the forums or read any updates. Suffice to say, I was startled.Edit: Fun fact, the Kimbra song "Old Flame" has a sound effect in the background that sounds like the early hound warning. That confused me in a bad way.

Edited by BlyssfulStorm

pokebirds    20

abiagail. i selected wendy. knew about abigail. one night im all like, "hmm...Where is that go-OMG WHAT THE HECK!?!? oh... *facepalm* of course!" the chair that i was sitting in literally flipped over. XD my head hurt so hard. lol.

TalentedM    10

I knew about hounds the first time, then I knew about having more attack you... Then I found out there are ones who catch fire after they die and burn everything around you!That was my first WTF. The 2nd wouldn't be far behind.

stormfront    26

swamp tentacles..the god damn thing K.O.ed me(I had seen a bit of an LP before playing so I had seen a treeguard and knew a little about hounds from the start * had not seen hounds but knew they were dangerous and came in packs in intervals*)I have to admit it shook me up enough that I would totally avoid any form of exploring my maps swamp biomes for a long time (even after I learned how to successfully cope with tentacles) and it took the addition of Chester to the game before the risk vs reward was enough for me to explore them

Edited by stormfront