Funny/Cute Things you did when you started.

I remember my first DS winter, a long, long time ago.
I was playing blind, mostly surviving off of berries, carrots and the occasional spider-meatball I had accidentally discovered while fiddling around. The real problems started when freezing first occured. Equipped with no other winter attire than a fabulous beard, I found out to my horror that the only spider nest I had managed to find had burned down during the last thunderstorm.
Not having explored enough to find pigs or beefalo in that world, (I had turned the hound waves off in the word settings. lol) with every carrot, berrybush and flower picked clean, starvation was becoming a real problem. Exploring was also becoming more and more impossible.
I managed to catch a few rabbits with what grass I felt I could spare, and was faced with the dilemma of eating them or making earmuffs.
Earmuffs it was. Knowing I had at most another day in me before I starved to death, I set out at dawn to find food. Anything would do.
Imagine my joy when I found a bundle of adorable little morsels huddled up on top of eggs!
Being the careful type that I was, I figured out that equipping a 20-something% log suit and giving one a wack before running couldn't be that dangerous.
I was WRONG.

Needless to say, I had not thought of leaving any supplies at the touch stone I had managed to find. :hopelessness:

I remember the first thing I did after I discovered gunpowder, was to go blow up a pengull nest. :rolleyes:

When I first started I had gravitated to webber. Surviving was decently easy and I was having fun, then I caught a snowbird in winter. Webber's inspection of the snowbird (we'll name it francis) made me keep the snow bird for the rest of the play through, I actually cried for 10 minutes when he died to a base fire.        ;-; RIP Francis, bestest of birbs

Hey I forgot this thread existed.

Anyways uh, heres another one:

So, imagine me as a Webber with 10-20 hours, just spawning in a public server. It was winter when I joined, so I was starting to panic and made a torch, lighting trees on fire. Somewhere along the line of panicking and arson, another Webber (with cool skins) came into view and gave me a winter hat. After that, he lead me to his base. Right before we made it, my screen started shaking. I think I knew what that meant by then (I forgot how I knew this in the first place), and after walking towards the sound, there's Deerclops, and I **** you not, 6 players kiting him perfectly, all in perfect sync. I vividly remember the visual to this day. The way they dodged and went in to attack was so in usison it looks like the movement of a jellyfish. Of course, Deerclops died after about 20 seconds, and the other Webber continued to bring me to base, which was only like 1 screen away at this point. I remember spending the rest of my time on that server catching rabbits and stuff. Spring rolls around, and theres only like 3 people left, me, the other webber, and I think a wolfgang or something. We all got bored and left at around the same time.

I choosed wilson and I discovered pigs. I learned they are not dangerous and I lived with them. I learned feeding them and I used them for attacking other pigs but I realized armored pig is better. I maked a straw hat and pigs weared. I'm shocked for a time and I just thinked  "What about a pig with axe ? :d" I took an axe and I gave it to pig but I discovered new thing. It's mean attack... Pig start to attack me and other pigs joined the pig army. I died because I hadn't any armor and I didn't know kiting monsters. After learning kiting and farming I created holocaust of the pigs

(Before reading this: Sorry for my bad English)

In my first world, I was playing Wolfgang because... Because he looked nice. I read a few tutorials, so I knew I need to chop trees, make a fire, etc., and in three days, I succesfully set up a "base" (it didn't have any crockpots, fridges, lightning rods, etc.) at spawn. On day 8, I was chopping some trees happily, when a Treeguard spawned. I was really scared (I thought something just like this:"Ohh ****, a mean treeman came for my soul"), and I rolled back the server.

Now, if a treeguard spawns on day 8, I celebrate from sunrise to sunset.

Archived