Raspberry Milk's holistic art thread

Raspberry Shake

Hello, and welcome to my completely stupid art thread made of fanart of everything not DS. Expect a lot of everything Douglas Adams, and maybe the occasional Tintin or anything else piece. I dunno.

Have a the therapy session with Hector from Life, the Universe, and Everything. It's a bit pixelated, but that's because scanners are too good for the right way up, and I had to rotate it in Gimp.

Drawing(5).png.c9f5a6060b5946818cb3f5b3c4057a34.png

12 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I like your use of the traditional medium. Has a organized touch. What is HEctor about?

HECTOR is a superintelligent computer that was used by a warmongering race of people that only existed to be warmongering to make the most powerful weapon ever. So it made a bomb that would destroy the universe, but made sure it didn't work. This annoyed the people who made him make it, because they hadn't thought that destroying the entire universe might be a bad idea. They sent it into exile, and it floated around space for a few aeons before deciding that the universe wasn't fit and it would destroy it by making another bomb. It then manipulated the inhabitants of the planet Krikkit to become super-xenophobes, but his plans where foiled due to the universe banding together and sealing them in a field that slowed down time (like, a lot), with the only way to open it being the Wikkit gate. Then they threw the Wikkit gate into the timestream where it was lost forever. HECTOR was annoyed by this and constructed his own Wikkit gate using things like Marvin's leg and the ashes (that cricket trophy) before being defeated by some negotiation with the Krikkitmen by Trillian. Then Arthur Dent nearly destroyed the universe by fulfilling his childhood dream of bowling at the ashes, due to the bomb looking a whole lot like a cricket ball.

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'm not planning to

YOU DARE.

Have you noticed an unnerving amount of strangeness in you're life lately? Perhaps the annoying Russian guy at the airport who was holding everyone up flew into the sky in a giant orange orb, or maybe you found a gun that blasts compressed air even though it has no moving parts whatsoever. Either way, Dirk Gently, holistic detective is here to help. Dirk Gently is not responsible for any injury, death, body swap's, or time loops that may occur to the client.

IMG_0814.thumb.JPG.e25afb22bc8a2824bfaa617385e74a89.JPG

16 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I've seen a ad or two from BBC. Still binging on Red dwarf though so I don't know when I'll get to it.

I like how you managed to caricature the actor with very simple shapes. You got this brickhead aesthetic down well done.:wilson_smile:

I just want to do a piece of the... thing (well, two things) that happen at the very end of season 1. Like, the very very very very very end. AND YOU DON'T WANT THEM SPOILED.

I suck at managing art threads, don't I.

Anyway, I've been watching a Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix to fill the gaping hole that Dirk Gently & the Adventures of Tintin left, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit more than the books (I found them to formulaic and gave up in the middle of the one with the crows and the big tree, and then just read the masterpiece that is all the wrong questions (Yes, I know it's a weird preference.). It's almost like a Wes Anderson film, with peculiar framing and muter colour pallet's galore. Anyway, the nefarious Count Olaf has to be the shows greatest boon, as he's the best villian since Frolo, and never ceases to make me chuckle (oh, and he's fun to hate, that too). So I made a brickhead of him. just ignore the crappy quality and shading, the sun hates me.

Spoiler

Geez, that's a whole essays worth of writing.

IMG_0836.thumb.JPG.105f5615b79cfdc09e88b343b37b770b.JPG

Just now, minespatch said:

I can't really see Neil Patrick Harris in the lego but then again... Lego. You managed to get the hair right.

Hey, I have something to tell you. When you try to make a character in lego, you want to make the character, not the actor.

Spoiler

But yeah, I couldn't put in a giant nose without it blowing the proportions.

I made a super edgy piece of Castle Crashers fanart. FYI, Castle Crashers is the game where you can run away from a giant monster on a deer propelling itself with poop. SO EDGY.

Spoiler

Now that I think about it, the part where you murder the bandit doing his washing is pretty dark and edgy.

Drawing(8).png.3ec8d953e8eea82f419a949c96320d2a.png

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Man, that brings me back. I'm close to the green knight myself but the red works with the grittyness of the piece you're doing.

GREEN IS BES. Have an epic screenshot for international Green Knight day. I'm working on a much more cartooney piece biased on this playthrough I'm doing at the moment. 

Spoiler

This may be the first time I've loved a game as much as DST.

5AD05A53B91AFF4C2368FB41EAD623ED1E1C9D54

5 hours ago, minespatch said:

Wait, why are the princess and knight crying?:wilson_shocked:

That's not a knight, it's the Cyclops. He has kidnapped the Green Princess and we just his friend's crashed his friends wedding and killed them ( Don't worry, the friend tried to kidnap and marry the Green Princess too, so our murdering is justified), so he kinda hates us. We have launched ourselfves out of giant organ (the instrument) cannons and hijacked the car to try stop him. Only a giant lazer shooting monster and a bunch of evil bandits are trying to stop that too.

For a thread with the word "Holistic" in the name (I can proudly brag about being the only person on the forums to use this word applying to something other than woman or physics) this thread has surprisingly little Dirk Gently. And the program I use has surprisingly little visible cropping tools. So have a doodle of Dirk.

5aee4036bbebf_Averyexpensivebrasssign.thumb.png.b381b163c4bbb6336b45493328d5cc75.png

Spoiler

So he's meant to be an overweight middle aged man, but my brain won't let me imagine him like that, so instead I'm stuck with anti-grav Wagstaff hair and a goatee. I think all those times of drawing Wagstaff have had a lasting effect on my imagination.

Archived