Black Screen of death (lost cause?)

Tris4431

Well, here I am again. So, I recently decided to start playing Don't Starve on my Wii U again, and whilst starting a new world, I noticed I still had my old corrupted 368 day world. I booted it up, and sure enough, it's still just a black screen.

Information: I'm playing the Wii U edition. I was on day 368, playing as Wilson. During an exploration of a cave, I wandered into a cave spider colony. Things turned bad, and I got cornered. I attempted to escape using a telelocator staff, but a Spitter killed me. Now, instead of respawning at my base and running back to grab my stuff, I panicked, and exited the game by pressing the home button, and then clicking "close software", rather then saving and quitting first. Because of this, my save got corrupted, and it now says " cave depth 1-day 368" and if I try booting it up, it's just a black screen. 

Not sure if this is important, but I had a life giving amulet in a chest, a meat effigy with another pre-built, one touch stone in a grass biome, and one used touch stone in the desert. My main base was in the Savannah.

It's probably a lost cause, considering I lost it like a year ago, it's on the Wii U, and the Wii U is pretty much discontinued, but if I could receive any help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We do not recommend closing out of the game while it is either trying to access the save file, or without going through the proper way of exiting/saving the game world. Force-closing the game app while it is trying to access or modify/update a save file may corrupt it. 

Regrettably, when the game was closed improperly while it was accessing the save file, it caused the save file to become corrupted. Unfortunately there is no way to recover corrupted save files. Sorry we weren't able to help with this.

On 2/16/2018 at 3:11 PM, JanH said:

We do not recommend closing out of the game while it is either trying to access the save file, or without going through the proper way of exiting/saving the game world. Force-closing the game app while it is trying to access or modify/update a save file may corrupt it. 

Regrettably, when the game was closed improperly while it was accessing the save file, it caused the save file to become corrupted. Unfortunately there is no way to recover corrupted save files. Sorry we weren't able to help with this.

Thought so. Oh well. Thanks anyways. I'm already on day 301 on my new world, and I'm doing great, so it's not that big of a deal. :)

Archived