Overloaded ?

There is a simplification in game physics. Game does not calculate exact current in each piece of electrical circuit. Instead, it limits maximum allowed power per circuit and brakes random wire if higher (one of wires having lower tolerance).

As ^^, you should split network in two separate circuits using building called "transformer", and use lower tolerance wires only on lower power circuit.

Sometimes when I hook my metal refinery on a power transformer, it reads no power even when the battlery is full. So I try to change it by hook it directly on the power supply. I want to ask if a power transformer only let 1kw run through it, is it enough for the metal refinery to works?

3 minutes ago, Eternity7 said:

Sometimes when I hook my metal refinery on a power transformer, it reads no power even when the battlery is full. So I try to change it by hook it directly on the power supply. I want to ask if a power transformer only let 1kw run through it, is it enough for the metal refinery to works?

A transformer can only provide 1000 J (up to four times a second). Since the refinery needs 1200 J once per second, the transformer supply is not sufficient for it and it will act as unpowered. You need a battery next to the refinery, or you need two transformers in parallel.

Archived