Don't Starve Save Editor (v0.3.2)

Torasko

[MENTION=10322]WX-78[/MENTION] Are you using any mods?

I WAS using the Test Tools Cheat Keys mod, but then I uninstalled Don´t Starve and reinstalled it.EDIT: Actually, let me try something out.EDIT2: I tried looking up if I hadn´t missed some files when I was manually deleting them (Test Tool files), but there weren´t any left, so the problem doesn´t look to be in that. Edited by WX-78

New Ideas for future versions: the ability to clear your [tab] map to where u can see everything or the ability to make the [tab] map all darkened like when u first started game. idea 2: ability to control aggressiveness of hounds? so they can be reset as though it was day one.. or maximized as though it was day 100. because the day its set on doesnt seem to effect the hounds when you change the time date

I WAS using the Test Tools Cheat Keys mod, but then I uninstalled Don´t Starve and reinstalled it.EDIT: Actually, let me try something out.EDIT2: I tried looking up if I hadn´t missed some files when I was manually deleting them (Test Tool files), but there weren´t any left, so the problem doesn´t look to be in that.

We have good reason to believe the coordinates are the cause of the problem. We are working on a fix right now and will get back to you with a new version shortly.

I Got this Error

************** Ausnahmetext **************System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Wert -3298 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'Minimum' und 'Maximum' liegen.Parametername: Value bei System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value) bei Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.LoadPlayerInfo() bei Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.menu_open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Geladene Assemblys **************mscorlib Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.----------------------------------------Dont Starve Save Editor Assembly-Version: 0.3.1.0. Win32-Version: 0.3.1.0. CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/JAN/Desktop/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Dont%20Starve%20Save%20Editor.exe.----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.----------------------------------------System Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.----------------------------------------Ionic.Zlib Assembly-Version: 1.9.1.8. Win32-Version: 1.9.1.8. CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/JAN/Desktop/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Ionic.Zlib.DLL.----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel. CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.----------------------------------------mscorlib.resources Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0. Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100). CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.----------------------------------------************** JIT-Debuggen **************Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in derKonfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.Zum Beispiel:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandeltenAusnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf demComputer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

I don't use any mods, i opened the latest_1 file and that was the error

The new version is available. Check it out and see if this fixes your problem.

Nope.exe *Sadface*Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.JsonArray.get_Item(String name) at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.LoadPlayerInfo() at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.menu_open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------Dont Starve Save Editor Assembly Version: 0.3.2.0 Win32 Version: 0.3.2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/J.Š.%20Jr/Desktop/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Dont%20Starve%20Save%20Editor.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------Ionic.Zlib Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8 Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/J.Š.%20Jr/Desktop/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Ionic.Zlib.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

[MENTION=10322]WX-78[/MENTION] Can you add Daviex and me to Skype please. Our usernames are 'Toraskino' and 'daviex994'. He will look with you for the cause of the problem while I'm starting development on version 0.4.

Edited by Torasko

Nope.exe *Sadface*Details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.JsonArray.get_Item(String name) at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.LoadPlayerInfo() at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.menu_open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------Dont Starve Save Editor Assembly Version: 0.3.2.0 Win32 Version: 0.3.2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/J.Š.%20Jr/Desktop/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Dont%20Starve%20Save%20Editor.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------Ionic.Zlib Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8 Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/J.Š.%20Jr/Desktop/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Ionic.Zlib.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

So yeah, the problem got fixed, and in the end it was just me having problems on my side, as always, anyways thanks and hope you continue working on this, feels good finally being able to use this mod :)

[MENTION=6493]Torasko[/MENTION]

Thank you for making this tool. It is very helpful when debugging and testing mods.

Couple of suggestions I have so far...

[*]Add small buttons for open file and save file. The menu is fine but feels a little clunky for these primary tasks.

[*]Add a check if the user closes the program without saving the changes and ask what they want to do.

Also, are you looking at the profile file format to figure out how to update the character changes you are making to the lastest file?

Oh and make sure to disable the save option or add an error handler to the save event to ignore if no file is open :D

Keep up the good work!

[MENTION=6493]Torasko[/MENTION]

Thank you for making this tool. It is very helpful when debugging and testing mods.

Couple of suggestions I have so far...

[*]Add small buttons for open file and save file. The menu is fine but feels a little clunky for these primary tasks.

[*]Add a check if the user closes the program without saving the changes and ask what they want to do.

Also, are you looking at the profile file format to figure out how to update the character changes you are making to the lastest file?

Oh and make sure to disable the save option or add an error handler to the save event to ignore if no file is open :D

Keep up the good work!

Now these are suggestions I'm looking for. Consider some of them planned for the next update! Edited by Torasko

The problem with empty start-up values might be very easy to fix. I'm guessing you are reading the save file line by line and then parsing it, right? If that's the case, you can probably figure out what an invalid value is? (Is it am empty String, null byte, or something else?) When that is done, add the default value instead. (for example full health when no value is found)I don't own the game yet, so I can't really look at the game code. I don't really know your skill level here, but you are obviously a capable programmer. Don't take it as an insult if you obviously tried something like this, or if this is not really a possible way to do it. Just trying to help.Good job, and keep going!

The problem with empty start-up values might be very easy to fix. I'm guessing you are reading the save file line by line and then parsing it, right? If that's the case, you can probably figure out what an invalid value is? (Is it am empty String, null byte, or something else?) When that is done, add the default value instead. (for example full health when no value is found)I don't own the game yet, so I can't really look at the game code. I don't really know your skill level here, but you are obviously a capable programmer. Don't take it as an insult if you obviously tried something like this, or if this is not really a possible way to do it. Just trying to help.Good job, and keep going!

All these fix are listed, we for now work on others thing, for now we think that things are "secondary" and we work on primary features.Not worry ;)

You're absolutely right and what you've said is very possible indeed. Like Daviex said, this is one of the things that is on our to-do list. We've been working on version 0.4 now for a couple of days and have already squashed a good amount of bugs, with new fixes and features coming every day.

Hey I'm accessing my latest_1 and I continually get this error message even if I restart the program.Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at System.Text.StringBuilder.get_Chars(Int32 index) at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.TextReader.ReadUntil(Char c) at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.JsonMultiArray.Process() at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.JsonArray.Process() at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.JsonArray.Process() at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.JsonArray.Process() at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.LoadPlayerInfo() at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.menu_open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18034 built by: FX45RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------Dont Starve Save Editor Assembly Version: 0.3.2.0 Win32 Version: 0.3.2 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Home/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX66.216/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Dont%20Starve%20Save%20Editor.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18036 built by: FX45RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18034 built by: FX45RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------Ionic.Zlib Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8 Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Home/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX66.216/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Ionic.Zlib.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.And when i try and hit Continue, it does nothing. Please help. Also a suggestion for the mod, ability to change research points for those who still use that system.

[MENTION=10692]Snicker56[/MENTION] Are you using any mods that increase your health, hunger or sanity? This could case the Out Of Range Exception that you're getting. Also, is this a save game that was created after the release of the Sanity update?

Edited by Torasko

Just for the heck of it, I tried your save game editor on my Chrome save game. It actually worked (once). Most of the other times I get this error:Error: : data\scripts\gamelogic.lua:372: Entites missing from savedata on load LUA ERROR stack traceback: =[C] in function 'assert' data\scripts\gamelogic.lua(372,1) in function 'DoInitGame' data\scripts\screens\mainscreen.lua(202,1) in function 'cb' data\scripts\frontend.lua(66,1) in function 'Update' data\scripts\update.lua(42,1)

One suggestion is to create a "Reset save" option.

It could be done using something like this:

1. Ship a "backups" folder alongside your program. (Place everything in a folder)

2. When you "Find/Load/open" a save, write the absolute path to save file directory to config.txt (or similar)

3. Write the save file to "backups" before you allow edits.

4. On "Reset save", replace the two files.

You should do this automatically. Then a lot more people could play with your editor without worrying about f*** up the save file.

Just a suggestion. :)

One suggestion is to create a "Reset save" option.

It could be done using something like this:

1. Ship a "backups" folder alongside your program. (Place everything in a folder)

2. When you "Find/Load/open" a save, write the absolute path to save file directory to config.txt (or similar)

3. Write the save file to "backups" before you allow edits.

4. On "Reset save", replace the two files.

You should do this automatically. Then a lot more people could play with your editor without worrying about f*** up the save file.

Just a suggestion. :)

+10. This would be easy to do as well since you already have the file open. Just save it unchanged with ever incrementing numbers.

I myself have about 40 copies of 219740. I manually do this before each edit in case of trouble.