[Game Update] - 254569 - EXTENDED! - Celebrate the Year of the Varg with Your Special Someone

52 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Did Klei really re-purpose the dab animation for the lucky whistle? It looks quite similar...

It makes sense to re-use the assets if they have them (especially since they have been pressed for time lately) so probably.

Nice catch. I didn't notice its similarity to the unused dab animation until your post.

It seems that skins from last year's event such as the Rooslet and Trapper Hats don't drop. And I hope the chance to get them will come back soon because I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait 11 years for the next Year of the Rooster. :wilson_dead:

But on the other hand, I probably will still be playing DST then, so I don't mind it that much.

Edited by MonsterLasagna
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Because I can't control my addiction for skins
Because I like to support Klei, I bought both the spring bundles. Steam would like to say otherwise though.

Spoiler

zh8L2bo.png

vH4kCXG.png

6WcKANB.png

I bought the Verdant Spring Chest from the Steam store page, but the Beating Heart Chest from Klei's in-game store. I just found it odd that the two purchases were rendered inherently different. (Also slight ocd about it displaying the Verdant Chest as an owned dlc but not the Beating Heart Chest.) I'm not sure if these were applied to the Forge and Snowfallen bundles, but I'm guessing they were too.

1 hour ago, Clarkalexander said:

What are the odds of getting a curio chest? I only got 3 chests and most of them being commons and spiffies. I feel like the curio chest drops were toned down alot.

The classic curio chests are pretty much just 4 standard rolls all wrapped up into one drop. Just be glad you're getting spiffies.

4 hours ago, Maslak said:

Nope. Curio Chests replace all common item drops. So you got 3 chests and some higher rarity item/spring chest, I guess.

Yeah that makes alot of sense, thanks!

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

The classic curio chests are pretty much just 4 standard rolls all wrapped up into one drop. Just be glad you're getting spiffies.

I'm not really complaining was just wondering why chests weren't dropping frequently 

Following up on my previous post, I particularly would want the Quilted Outerwear and Dainty Coatdress, but I'm not sure if it has been confirmed if those can drop this year. I understand that the Rooster/Gobbler themed skins wouldn't drop, but I thought the Outerwear and Coatdress would be available to drop annually.

12 minutes ago, MonsterLasagna said:

Following up on my previous post, I particularly would want the Quilted Outerwear and Dainty Coatdress, but I'm not sure if it has been confirmed if those can drop this year. I understand that the Rooster/Gobbler themed skins wouldn't drop, but I thought the Outerwear and Coatdress would be available to drop annually.

Now that you remind me, last year we had event skins (actual event skins) that were wearable by everyone during the Year of the Gobbler, but I don't remember seeing them this time. It seems that we don't have them now?... :( (the chicken slippers is maybe understandable, but the others?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Clarkalexander said:

What are the odds of getting a curio chest? I only got 3 chests and most of them being commons and spiffies. I feel like the curio chest drops were toned down alot.

that was my luck during hte winter event, and that's my luck now ;n; i hope i at least get a event chest this time ( i didn't get one winter chest during the winter event, only curio chests)

I know!  I was thinking about that too--the Chinese-style robes,tunics, etc.  I said it before and it still stands now--that stuff would work equally well _for ANY Lunar New Year event_. So I'm kinda surprised they didn't bring 'em back!

I didn't fully notice until I went to put on my "High Priestess of Starvania" outfit and pose in front of my shiny new Varg shrine

dstcivday88highpriestess.png.ebcd0fbe992a7e093bc9ad21f0f49eba.png

(because I didn't get around to changing into a new outfit until then), but when I did...yeah, no fancy robes to wear except a silk bathrobe.  Huh.

Last year's picture was way cooler-looking, but oh well.  : P

...Notorious

• Like 2

• Developer
3 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I said it before and it still stands now--that stuff would work equally well _for ANY Lunar New Year event_. So I'm kinda surprised they didn't bring 'em back!

Should be back on now if you login again. My mistake!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2