[Game Update] - 254569 - EXTENDED! - Celebrate the Year of the Varg with Your Special Someone

21 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Hmm, since the snowfallen was a winter's theme, and these skins are spring themed, will there be a summer and fall theme later in the year? Love the updates, btw!

I loved that! I wonder how Willow's summer skin would look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Does Clay-varg summon hounds? I've already killed my 1st clay-varg and he didn't summon any but I've watched a video on yt and he still has howling animation. I'd like to use him as a decoration so I need to know

Not regular hounds, no. But he comes with a crew of clay hounds right by his side, whereas the Varg has to summon his hounds by howling, and they come running from far away, so they can’t immediately all pounce on your at once.

1 hour ago, Residays said:

Installing the redist files did not help.

Very weird. My game looks a lot better.

Edited by Rellimarual

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

My bathing suit collection idea might still happen then.:wilson_ecstatic:

Don't Starve:  The Obligatory Swimsuit Episode!

(Well Wolfgang is already kinda going around in an old-timey bathing suit all the time anyway, especially when MIGHTY!, so...)

But just to piss off the perverts while also being _accurate_...

20sbathingsuits.png.368a381cdfb798b90e2378d3eda24d3d.png

everybody would be in legit 1920s bathing suits instead of bikinis.  XD

(OHMYGOD HOW ADORABLE WOULD THOSE OUTFITS _BE_ IN-GAME?!  Seriously I kind of actually want those now.  More awesome vintage stuff, please!  :D)

As for changing outfits with the seasons, I already do that but with ordinary stuff I already had rather than season-specific official outfits.  Ever since I got my first cardigan on like, Day 3 of playing DST ever, I've always had my characters wear shorter sleeves/pants/skirts in the summer and something with sleeves that come all the way down and boots to show they're "bundled up" for winter.  I also sometimes try to tweak the colours, like fall is more reds and browns and winter is a green sweater with red gloves or vice-versa...

Also yellow trenchcoat + rain hat + umbrella = adorable rainy-day outfit like an oldschool kids' book illustration:

dontgetrainedontogoether.png.a135f6f57bb990e4bcfff805f627f765.png

Trufax.  :)

(Ah, original-flavour Starvania.  How I miss you...)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Well Wolfgang is already kinda going around in an old-timey bathing suit all the time anyway, especially when MIGHTY!, so...

If that were the case, then Superheroes outfits would be described as bathing suits as well.

Wolfgang's kind of like **** Grayson/Robin, so more of a strongman outfit than bathing suit. A actual bathing suit would be very loose.

Yeah, I know...I just meant it's kind of a similar _shape_ and with the stripes...heck, while looking up the picture I used in the above post I found one of a guy in a 1900's bathing suit that looked EXACTLY like a looser version of Wolfgang's outfit, down to the stripe-width. Heck, dude even had a rockin' moustache too.  :)

(EDIT:  I love how even when it's legit someone's actual NAME, (or nickname in this case) D*ck still gets censored.  Poor Robin.)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Don't Starve:  The Obligatory Swimsuit Episode!

(Well Wolfgang is already kinda going around in an old-timey bathing suit all the time anyway, especially when MIGHTY!, so...)

But just to piss off the perverts while also being _accurate_...

20sbathingsuits.png.368a381cdfb798b90e2378d3eda24d3d.png

everybody would be in legit 1920s bathing suits instead of bikinis.

This would make a very good suggestion for a Summer outfit collection for each character (Elegant head, Distinguished body/torso, etc - also Emotes!) - maybe in an mini-event like with Valentine's?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clay Hounds/Varg

Klei Hounds/Varg

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE LADS

--------------------------------

On a more serious note, next year would be 'Year of the <insert something witty that is DS related for a pig other than a pigman>'?

Edited by DatShadowJK
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

A tip or two on clay varg

Hide contents

I’ve only experimented with it a bit, but it seems that giving the torch to the shrine will spawn a suspicious dirt pile trail within a screen or two of the shrine. If you want a shrine in or near your base for decorative and crafting purposes, I would recommend also building one in a large cleared area like a desert or rocky biome, where the dirt piles will be easier to spot and investigate and you won’t be trying to track it through your grass farm. The clay varg isn’t easy to solo because instead of calling a few hounds at a time, he has his whole crew right there. It’s stunlock city. Bring or lead to helpers. I’ve used pigs (it took about 7), Deerclops and beefalo so far

ooooooor you can nuke the puppies into oblivion with gun powder :wilson_goodjob:

• Thanks 1

So first thing I did is to telelocate the Varg into a pen so ùI can keep one, but now the clay hounds just stay there even if the Varg, who is quite far, gets activated by fire. I concluded that they would never move again. First, Am I right. Second, what could I do to embellish the group. They feel like the chinese stone army, but its a bit dry like this.

Capture d’écran 2018-02-11 à 10.33.28.png

Edited by csc_unit
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

So first thing I did is to telelocate the Varg into a pen so ùI can keep one, but now the clay hounds just stay there even if the Varg, who is quite far, gets activated by fire. I concluded that they would never move again. First, Am I right. Second, what could I do to embellish the group. They feel like the chinese stone army, but its a bit dry like this.

I think this looks great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meh...

███████▄▄███████████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓███░░░░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░█░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀

4 hours ago, csc_unit said:

Ok, this is pretty damn awesome. I'll try that out when I get a telelocator in my world. Perhaps some burnt structures/twig trees in the desert around that would make it look like a warzone?

• Like 2