[Game Update] - 254569 - EXTENDED! - Celebrate the Year of the Varg with Your Special Someone

So Klei graciously extended the event. But was just playing today and got my first gift of the week -- and it was a single item. Was playing with a friend and she got a classic curio chest as her first gift.

Anyone else experience this, or know why?

• Developer
2 hours ago, vranda said:

So Klei graciously extended the event. But was just playing today and got my first gift of the week -- and it was a single item. Was playing with a friend and she got a classic curio chest as her first gift.

Anyone else experience this, or know why?

That's not an error. Common and Classy items were swapped with chests, but drops of a higher rarity still are single items.

I'm so sad, since the beginning of the event I haven't receive a single verdant (green) chest. How is it even possible to not receive at least 1. Play almost every day though... Maybe is just a really bad luck. 

Leaving this event whit a broken heart :(  

image.png.7044dc2783e4bb20542bf1b55c0a8577.pngimage.thumb.png.d1458dd7c1955163e054afd4ff86887a.png

Edited by JUSUSG94
just new images
  • Sad 8

27 minutes ago, JUSUSG94 said:

I'm so sad, since the beginning of the event I haven't receive a single verdant (green) chest. How is it even possible to not receive at least 1. Play almost every day though... Maybe is just a really bad luck. 

image.png.7044dc2783e4bb20542bf1b55c0a8577.pngimage.thumb.png.d1458dd7c1955163e054afd4ff86887a.png

Same.... :wilson_cry:

• Sad 2

38 minutes ago, JUSUSG94 said:

You really don't want event chests. Trust me...

best.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, JUSUSG94 said:

id kill to just have classic curio chests, tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JUSUSG94 said:

At least you GOT something. My present've seemed to oversleept the event. Only 4 presents and only 1 had verdant chest

45 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

I prefer curio chests. I had like 3 verdant chests and always get golem boots or fauvist shooes.

Same. Except I keep getting parts of Maxwell's set even though I already bought the set directly. Oh, and icons. Always profile icons...

(Seriously Klei, stop with the icons and backrounds during events that you can't continuously earn chest in. It was tolerable in the forge, but in these ones we don't need the extra padding.)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Same. Except I keep getting parts of Maxwell's set even though I already bought the set directly. Oh, and icons. Always profile icons...

(Seriously Klei, stop with the icons and backrounds during events that you can't continuously earn chest in. It was tolerable in the forge, but in these ones we don't need the extra padding.)

i think they should remove the icons and background from the chest, and then replace them with common cosmetic. Then you can use said dupe in trade inn for another chest and try your luck.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DarithD said:

i think they should remove the icons and background from the chest, and then replace them with common cosmetic. Then you can use said dupe in trade inn for another chest and try your luck.

I mean, I hate to compare this to Overwatch, but... Overwatch does the exact same thing with profile icons and sprays.

Thing is though, Klei already does something different than Blizzard by allowing people to just buy the skins directly, as a way to donate and have nice skins as a bonus. Which, therefore, makes Event Chests so much less valuable because you can just buy the skins instead of having to pray for RNG. Klei also allows people to destroy the items they don't want to make purchasing event items that much easier. If you really think about it, the idea of buying skins directly is a trade-off. You either donate Klei money and get skins as a thank-you, making their Event chests less valuable, or, you don't pay a cent and pray to RNG for the event skins from chests, which in turn makes Event chests more valuable. I dunno about you, but I'd rather support Klei than pray to RNG, the skins are a nice bonus anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Starlogy said:

I mean, I hate to compare this to Overwatch, but... Overwatch does the exact same thing with profile icons and sprays.

Well, here's the difference between this and Overwatch: You can't continuously keep earning chests. That is the real problem with the "drop padding" during these events. You get 4 drops a week, and not all of them are gonna be event chests.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Well, here's the difference between this and Overwatch: You can't continuously keep earning chests. That is the real problem with the "drop padding" during these events. You get 4 drops a week, and not all of them are gonna be event chests.

The chests are padded with almost completely meaningless profile cosmetics which are totally inappropriate for this game, to decrease the chances of people actually getting outfit pieces so it's harder to acquire outfits naturally so people are pressured more to buy them.

It pretty much all came at once; purchasable cosmetics, lootboxes, profile cosmetics. So likely at some point Klei determined either DST wasn't profitable enough or they couldn't afford to keep supporting it so they implemented all the classic cash sucking strategies developers are using these days in one swoop.

And now suddenly a rogue-like wilderness survival game is running MOBA and MMO microtransaction cosmetic systems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1