What new skins do you hope to see next?

Not too long ago, my girlfriend got the reskin for the fancy looking grass hat. Seeing the skin be applied on the Miner hat and the Rain hat for the first time was so satisfying. Being able to make a few items with one elegant has a lot more bang for your buck! It made me think of Log Suit reskins from The Forge and how it can be used to make Scalemail as well, or how the spear reskins can be used on the magic staffs...then I remember it can't be used on Wigfrid's battle spear...

Anyway, what new skins do you hope to see next? I'm really hoping for an Icebox or Improved Farm reskin; stuff that I will see around the base a lot. My friend wants armour reskins, like the Dark Sword and Night armour, which I thought was really interesting. So I'm wondering: what are the aesthetic priorities of my fellow forum lurkers?

Also, I hope there will be a way for the people who couldn't get The Forge reskins to obtain a Football Helmet or Log Suit reskin somehow, whether it be the event skins or just new ones. It's definitely added a lot more flavour into my DST experience.

22 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I really wish some skins would change the game a bit further, like Farm skins skinning fruits as well, and Crock Pots skinning the meals.

I've never thought about this – I really dig this idea! Though the phrase "Crock Pots skinning the meals" kinda grossed me out. Hahaha. It gives me a fantastic mental image.

I'd really love to see a drying rack skin. Those things are so primitive-looking and giving them some much needed attention would make bases significantly more stylish. My first thought for a skin was one resembling a clothes line, with a clothespin suspending the meat. Really anything to make this structure less barebones would be great.

Samurai Wigfrid and W3N-D.

Who am I kidding, I could never afford them.

55 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'd also like some Western and sports themed skins. MAybe bathing suit skins(Like the classic striped swimsuit that men from the time period would wear).

Good news: it's called Wolfgang.

• Developer
3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I want a skin of the coat Maxwell had in the DS adventure mode. It could make a great skin for the hibearnation vest, although I think I'd prefer it as a normal character skin instead.

Maxwell_Greeting_Adventure_Mode_World_1.thumb.png.edfe894ce9ef648d8aa0b73ff37a27fb.png

There was an old character mod where you played as a nightmare that happened to start with the vest (if I'm not mistaken) and it looked really nice! I really just used it without even needing to because of how good it looked

Fridge skin- I mean come on Klei. Oni fridge skin.

Lantern skin- maybe old-fashioned oli lamp. Or jar filled with lightbugs.

Drying racks skin- maybe for the next comic/puzzle/event there could be a shadow drying rack that would be a shadow hand sticking from the ground and holding meat.

Endothermic firepit skin- there already are skins for normal firepit so why can't we have skins for endothermic one?

Eyebrella skin- maybe a red eyebrella in memory of Lazer-clops

Maybe some sort of new alchemy engine mashine that you could use to apply skins to monster drops such as Krampus sack. There are so many backpack skins but they all can go to trash as soon as you get Krampus sack.

9 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I really wish some skins would change the game a bit further, like Farm skins skinning fruits as well, and Crock Pots skinning the meals.

It's a great idea, I agree with this mostly. The only thing I wouldn't like were meals skinned after the Creepy Cauldron... 

7 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I want a skin of the coat Maxwell had in the DS adventure mode. It could make a great skin for the hibearnation vest, although I think I'd prefer it as a normal character skin instead.

That would be great, I'd support it! The only problem is that we rarely can see our torso skins, mainly only if we wear a backpack and facing the camera... but besides I'd like such a skin! :)

Oh, and the skin I would like is a tent skin. Even if not used often, tents look so cool in a camp, they make it so camp-y.

22 minutes ago, DarithD said:

Wendy skin that isn't expensive

Gladiator_Head_Wendy.png.f334bba0a51129f0325a88ecd18c2817.png Snowfallen_Head_Wendy.png.c6df8eb6d3c10836d815eee75f0ae91c.png

You can get them for free! :D 

Or for around 1,5€ by unraveling cheap distinguished/elegants.

Okay, I know what you mean... and yeah, I would also be happy if her skins were more vallet-friendly...

But hey, her Survior and Shadow skin is pretty cheap at the moment, considering their former prises.

• Developer
18 minutes ago, 6480 said:

Crockpot/Farm skins that affect food wouldn't work... as food is stackable. So what would happen if you combined a skinned food with a non-skinned food?

It gets the inventory image of the one you stacked, maybe? Say, you stacked a formal monster lasagna on a shadow skinned one, it becomes formal monster lasagna, and plain food just gets skinned when stacked

Archived