Ipsquiggle

Occupational Upgrade Preview now available!

Saturnus    3,120

Apparently hats are really really important as they've mentioned, not twice but thrice.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Sad 1

midjones    49
  • Smart Battery
  • Smart Storage Locker
  • Power Control Station

People are gonna be really excited about this! I wonder what a Smart Storage Locker does

watermelen671    11,680
Just now, midjones said:
  • Smart Battery
  • Smart Storage Locker
  • Power Control Station

People are gonna be really excited about this! I wonder what a Smart Storage Locker does

STORES THE HAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!! (Probably)

midjones    49

Just realized there's many creative ways you can use Ore Transport system. Not only for bringing materials back to base, but for sending construction materials with a "main bus" design that dupes can just pull useful materials from. Amazing!

goboking    1,522

Is there anything in this update that will required a new colony (new plants, animals, POIs, etc)?  Or will existing colonies get to experience everything on offer?

Saturnus    3,120
5 minutes ago, goboking said:

Is there anything in this update that will required a new colony (new plants, animals, POIs, etc)?  Or will existing colonies get to experience everything on offer?

You'll probably find your mealwood farm die pretty fast as they now require fertilization.

• Thanks 1

goboking    1,522
1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

You'll probably find your mealwood farm die pretty fast as they now require fertilization.

I produce fertilizer for sleet wheat already, so it sounds like I'm good to go.  Thanks.

mewthemew    4,084

I was kind of hoping this upgrade would add desk jobs, and dupes get to clickety clack away at keyboards with little cups of coffee. One gets up, tells the boss "Shift's over for me!" to which the other yells back with the most intimidating theramin voice "Oh no you don't. New order came in: you're working overtime!"

• Thanks 1

Oozinator    2,271
Just now, Saturnus said:

But we got HATS!
^^

• Haha 3

shurka179    0

Great to see germs sensors, would be great if a power sensor could be added as well, so that things like enabling/disabling things depending on the available charge in the batteries, etc can be automated. (for example only run generator when power is needed, or batteries empty)

Saturnus    3,120
9 minutes ago, goboking said:

I produce fertilizer for sleet wheat already, so it sounds like I'm good to go.  Thanks.

It's not fertilizer that's needed though ;)

It's a much more elusive material that is extremely hard to reproduce is large quantities in the game... dirt.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 1

blash365    586

Hey @Ipsquiggle: would you mind telling us whether all contents of this update are compatible to our existing savegames from the automation patch?

I would really appreciate this info as a side note for every major update.

Oh, and thanks for the update!

Edited by blash365

9 minutes ago, shurka179 said:

Great to see germs sensors, would be great if a power sensor could be added as well, so that things like enabling/disabling things depending on the available charge in the batteries, etc can be automated. (for example only run generator when power is needed, or batteries empty)

This is what i read the smart battery as beeing :)

TheOlz    144

Strange looking exo suits... :thinking:

image.thumb.png.9c342c8e47f3aa9622a99a10ce3014ad.png

Also, mealwood requiring dirt for fertilization is perfect - makes it pretty much solely an early game food source - love it!

Jobs system looks complicated, but from a quick glance the logic behind it looks great - priority specializations seems way better than just turning tasks on and off.

Really looking forward to getting into this, but for now I must sleep - damn being on the other side of the world :(

THANK YOU KLEI!! You released this when Australia has a long weekend! Perfect timing! :D:D:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1