Occupational Upgrade Preview now available!

2 hours ago, Kabrute said:

Its because of the extra crash monitor in the background

No, its not that. It has to do with opening the Jobs display. It takes about 15-20 seconds for it to open. This problem actually started well before this update only taking 5-10 seconds. Its just that now its become unmanageable with how long it takes.

Edited by vonVile

I don't know how I feel about feeding precious metal to the power station to get gears. Mine is taking 5kg of copper per wheel.

However my coal generator went up to 900w so I'm assuming it's 50% power boost. 5kg for 50% extra power for three cycles is amazing. But it's copper. Urgh what to do.

9 minutes ago, Moggles said:

I don't know how I feel about feeding precious metal to the power station to get gears.

I was wondering about that myself.  The extra power is amazing; I could scale back on the number of generators I run and thus make heat easier to manage, but the finite nature of metal means this isn't sustainable for the long haul.

Just now, goboking said:

I was wondering about that myself.  The extra power is amazing; I could scale back on the number of generators I run and thus make heat easier to manage, but the finite nature of metal means this isn't sustainable for the long haul.

I couldn't get it to switch material either. I tried building the coal generator out of iron ore but the station still took copper.

I would be a little happier if it took iron because there's a lot of it. 300kg copper ore is needed for exosuits so I'm already against burning it.

Maybe if you can use them on steam turbines that would be 8kw + 4kw for three cycles? Not tested that but it might be the only sensible use for gears.

2 hours ago, goboking said:

Copper is the worst.  It is very easy to run out and is needed for exosuits.  I would never consume copper for something like this.

4 hours ago, Moggles said:

I don't know how I feel about feeding precious metal to the power station to get gears. Mine is taking 5kg of copper per wheel.

However my coal generator went up to 900w so I'm assuming it's 50% power boost. 5kg for 50% extra power for three cycles is amazing. But it's copper. Urgh what to do.

I need some clarification on this: is the usage of extra metal a one time operation, or does it needs to be done periodically for each generator?

Hmm, I guess you can use it strategically on a petroleum generator. 500kg of copper would translate in a boost of 1000W for 300 cycles. That does sound like a good trade off.

Hello! Bough the game really early on Early Access and I must say I don't regret a single hour I have on it :).

That aside, I've been toying around with the new build for a while, and appart from some bugs (Understandably!), I've found out that my Dupes are Slow as Snails, since they don't gain Athlete anymore by levels.

Will this stick to the update?

Hi,

To me one of the biggest changes is that germ immunity is no longer visible when choosing a dupe. This is really breaking my playstyle given playing on the hardest difficulties you need dupes with some germ immunity otherwise even with proper hygiene they will get sick really quickly. If it immunity isn't visible does that mean each dupe has it set on 0 and only the ones with germ resistant perk have some or what? Is this change intended? To be honest the game is really easy and such change really cranks the difficulty up regarding the sickness and immunity system.

The jobs system is really nice although the skills and jobs preferences aren't too intuitive. I think I will need a piece of paper when I'm starting a new game to write who will do what.

The food system needed a rework for a long time, a very good move.

Thank you.

23 hours ago, Altra said:

Hello! Bough the game really early on Early Access and I must say I don't regret a single hour I have on it :).

That aside, I've been toying around with the new build for a while, and appart from some bugs (Understandably!), I've found out that my Dupes are Slow as Snails, since they don't gain Athlete anymore by levels.

Will this stick to the update?

Hello and welcome to the ONI boards!

I am afraid that indeed athletics will not simply level up anymore. You will have to assign dupes to goofer (supply) job in order to level it up. Sadly, the positions are limited (way too much if you ask me). Then they will level athletics again.

14 hours ago, BDelacroix said:

What is funny about the new jobs system is I get gastrophobes who want to be chefs.

And Yokels who want to be researchers and architects who can't build and so on... :) TBH it's nothing new. Previously you just got Research Skill 5 - Yokel. Cooking 6 - Gastrophobia. The skill points are really important now. Too bad we can't choose or change them in the printing pod at the expense of energy or something. 

Of course, there is a bug with using the massage table regarding prioritization. Miners use them correctly but gophers, for example, must be taken off their jobs because they won't go to the table no matter what. That's a standard. However, I'm really positively surprised how stable this update works. I haven't had a single crash whole night yesterday.

Still can't figure out how the immunity system works now. On the hardest settings, you get minus 15% of your immunity per cycle due to the settings and plus 15% due to dupes, so if you don't contract any bacteria you shouldn't have any change. The dupes start out with 90% and over the course of few days, my three original dupes gained few percent and my new dupe lost 3% and I'm really puzzled from where the three original dupes got positive immunity from. That being said, as the colony grows, it is going to be much harder to maintain high immunity levels and now the germ resistant perk will be really useful for mining in slimelung (that or exosuits). A pharmacy will be much more useful now.

The tubes will be much more useful now due to slower dupes. The colony grows much slower now. I really like that.

The growth temperature of Bristle Blossom has been changed from max 23 to max 30 and thank you for that.

Overall - great update.

On 28/1/2018 at 10:09 PM, turbonl64 said:

Hello and welcome to the ONI boards!

I am afraid that indeed athletics will not simply level up anymore. You will have to assign dupes to goofer (supply) job in order to level it up. Sadly, the positions are limited (way too much if you ask me). Then they will level athletics again.

Hello! Thanks for the answer!

I knew about the Goofers, but currently the rest of the dupes are *way* too slow (unless they come with athletics levels) already.

I could get this change to motivate the usage of the tubular system, but not when your constructor spends half a cicle to get to a single tile down the petroleum area to walk back up again :D.

Now, I don't know if leveling Goofer would make them retain those Athletics after swapping back again to a constructor. If so, that would be "fine".

Not sure if preview bugs should go here or bug tracker, I can make a tracker entry if I see it again once preview is live.

I can not load a save, as the problem is resolved by reloading the game!

With dupes that are in a job, sometimes they get a food stress debuff that is 150%. Per tick! These guys can be in a high decor area, on the massage table and well and the stress goes up faster than it can come down. What is worse is they had food that was in their range available. Also, if I bump them down in job rank, or make them jobless, it does not go away.

But if I save and reload, it is gone. Seen it on a miner, cook and farmer so far.

Also, on the new room types if you have a door and leave it open, it shows as still being that room in the overlay. But the massage table no longer thinks it is on a Rec Room. You can close the doors and wait, and still bugged. Rebuilding it fixed that.

Unsure if there was interplay in these two bugs.

4F761341A888579633B7BC8725FEBAF22A2EDA11