Some General Tips, Tricks & Advice For Shipwrecked Bosses

Rjazz

Although I am ashamed to admit this...

I've played more SW than RoG and Vanilla combined. However, while I've killed every boss in RoG/Vanilla at least once, I have never killed any of the SW bosses before. 

Most of the time, I've just outrun or avoided the boss until it leaves. Now that I'm one year into a pretty decent world, I feel I finally ready to tackle some of these bosses. However, I only know some basic advice and tips for defeating them, such as going straight for Quacken's head with boat repair kits on standby and fighting the Tiger Shark on land instead of water. Aside from that, what's some of the best strategies and tips you could give to someone trying to take on these bosses?

What's the kiting pattern? What should I be careful about? Is it really worth fighting them compared to hopping over to RoG and killing a giant or two? I'd love to hear your opinions and advice on this topic!

The SW bosses are very easy in comparison to the RoG bosses IMO. Plus, the loot for the sealnado and the quacken seem more useful than what RoG will give you. I'd recommend fighting them at least once, then you can decide which boss you'd prefer to fight.

Sealnado: Do not fight on land unless you have at least a sharkfin hat. The sucking twister attack is very powerful and can grab you even when you're off-screen, so it's hard to run away fast enough. I recommend tanking her in shallow water, if you have a good weapon (I had a thelucite club that I found in an X-Marks-the-Spot, but you can have something a bit weaker) then the fight will be over quickly and you'll only need to dodge one special attack (she draws small waves towards her and sends big waves out). You won't even need to bother dodging if you don't mind losing a bit of boat health.

I think if you fight the sealnado on water you won't be able to kill krampus at the end though... since krampus won't walk on water. You probably will spawn a couple of sharx or crocodogs because of the meat dropped though.

Tiger shark: Kiting pattern is 3 hits, and back away just enough that her teeth don't touch you. Fight will be over quite quickly. You should seek her out during hurricane season by going next to her den and dodging the AoE divebomb--fighting her on water isn't the best because she'll retreat at low health anyways. Then murder those kittens for some sweet fish steak and shark fins >:-)

Quacken: I haven't fought this yet so I can't give too much advice, though basically it's just go straight for the head. You can even fight it with a walking cane lol... No use wasting a good weapon on something with no melee.

also some other advice for sealnado: take advantage of any rocks scattered around your island if youre fighting it on land, as that actually prevents you from getting sucked into its tornado.

if you dont have any rocks, sandbags also work.

Archived