A strange strange world

HotChocolate

You have awoken on a strange island after being deceived by an unknown voice, surrounded by others just as confused as you.

You have no idea where you are, no idea what you're doing here.

But you see something, in the distant. A strange clockwork bird? What is it doing here?

----

clockwork_bird_by_hot___chocolate-dc0xwe

CLOCKWORKATOO: "Hello hello! Glad to see such new faces pal!"

It creaks out in a gravely rackety voice, as it lands in front of you, its metallic smile unfading

CLOCKWORKATOO: "Let me be the first to welcome you all to this wonderful little island! It's name? I dunno!

CLOCKWORKATOO: "Buuuut I can ensure this place will be a fun land to live in! After all you will be stuck here forever!"

It lets out a croaky laugh, grinning in its strange joy, before despite its still sustaining it smile, it looks grim

CLOCKWORKATOO: "Unfortunately though, there is a little catch. This island,,, isn't the safest. As you already tell by looking around all you have are a few items, such as sticks and a couple of your personal belongings to start you off.

It motioned to some shoddily made backpacks. One has your name on it, inside is exactly what he mentioned.

CLOCKWORKATOO: "Other than that you will have to gain things yourself. Such as shelter, warmth, food and weapons to defend yourself. 

CLOCKWORKATOO: "I will of course watch you all to help you for the start, don't want any of you lot dying in the first day."

CLOCKWORKATOO: Now,, I feel I've blabbered on long enough! So with that I bid you farewell, don't stay in the dark too long now you hear?!

----

Hello folks! I thought I'd try one of these roleplay things, this roleplay will feature as little OP control as possible (unless of course characters do certain actions, talk to certain characters that are owned by moi etc.) This group simply follows the traditional Don't Starve plot. Survive and figure out why you're there,,, whilst an annoying metallic bird follows you of course. What happens depends on what the participants characters' do, any small thing could change a lot.

I will be keeping track of certain actions, occasionally marking down in a reply saying what has happened in the current roleplay. It may be a rickety start but I hope to be able to make this whole thing work!

In order to join all you have to do is fill out this little sheet below!

----

Name:

Personality:
Appearance:

Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Inventory: (all characters start with four, one inventory slot will always be taken up by sticks and must be discarded during the roleplay. The other three items are personal belongings of character)

----

QUICK RULES ABOUT CHARACTER CREATION!

Whilst your character can be non-human, I would rather not have them have a ton of sorcery skills, a few are fine but nothing major.

Do not make your character like, ridiculously flawless, if that happens i'll prolly ask you to uhh fix some things.

Do not make your character stupidly old unless there is a clear reason for it thankies.

Bad Ref Example

Name: Jasper Vernillion Fantastica Maiden Jewel Gem the First!!!1!!

Personality: Sweet and kind but will kill u if u support shrek >w< !!!
Appearance: NEON PINK HAIR AND RAINBOW EYES!! LITHE BODY AND SUPER KAWAII

Strengths: CAN FLY AND HAS AMAZING RAINBOW POWERS!!11 CAN ALSO TURN INTO A DEMON AND IS SUPER STRONG!1!
Weaknesses: Jasper has no weaknesses she's too amazing!!11

Inventory: STAFF OF AMAZING POWERS!!1 CANDY x3333 THE POWER OF THE GODS!! NOT LAME-O STICKS XP

----

Other than that uhhh y eah,,, jeez that was a lotta writing,, ;;

• Like 6

I'm quite interested. I was real cringe back when role-playing was rampant, but now, atleast I think, I'd be a bit more of an asset to a story, and seeing everybody else's awesome ideas was real cool. It'd be nice to have that sort of thing going on again. I'll make a character once I know there'll be other people though. Best of luck!

Name: Ariel the Skeledork
Gender: (?) flexible due to not caring what they're called.

Personality: A doofus, tends to throw references, kind of incompetent, will be frustrated if pressured in a direction
Appearance: 57637bb749ffc_anatomyofaskelederp.png.be50d5446c1f8583c8f67dfd38826964.png

Strengths: Due to no muscle or skin, they can run fast. Faster than the usual cast but can fail if pulled back. Other than that, they're pretty incompetent.
Weaknesses:Can't handle the heat, they like to overpack.

59da4a2989499_skeledorkpackstoomuch.png.a03aa964bb20441bde747b8a28a9ad0a.png57637bbe7df51_packingtoomuch.png.1cfd3f14e2adb0667e0ab99781d2f9b7.png

Inventory:  5912640a1ffeb_sharingbackpackhats.png.aec75a30c9f10be3737a062eec0589e8.png57b229c038165_arielpack.png.c3268bacd2438aa5b94b80707e3a03a5.png

7 hours ago, HotChocolate said:

clockwork_bird_by_hot___chocolate-dc0xwe

Is that a griffin...?

57f6c97396e5a_arielgriffinfrenzy.png.a7018fab5d63d394544f8129b9bb1f79.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Personality: A doofus, tends to throw references, kind of incompetent, will be frustrated if pressured in a direction
Appearance: 57637bb749ffc_anatomyofaskelederp.png.be50d5446c1f8583c8f67dfd38826964.png

Strengths: Due to no muscle or skin, they can run fast. Faster than the usual cast but can fail if pulled back. Other than that, they're pretty incompetent.

59da4a2989499_skeledorkpackstoomuch.png.a03aa964bb20441bde747b8a28a9ad0a.png57637bbe7df51_packingtoomuch.png.1cfd3f14e2adb0667e0ab99781d2f9b7.png

Inventory:  5912640a1ffeb_sharingbackpackhats.png.aec75a30c9f10be3737a062eec0589e8.png57b229c038165_arielpack.png.c3268bacd2438aa5b94b80707e3a03a5.png

Is that a griffin...?

I feel like that’s just you 

I’ll think about it joining the rp but most don’t ever complete I remember the mafia into the shadows and @YouKnowWho‘s very own the circus all unfinished from what I saw and abandoned.

Edited by Lumpa1227
Grammar

18 minutes ago, Lumpa1227 said:

I feel like that’s just you 

I’ll think about it joining the rp but most don’t ever complete I remember the mafia into the shadows and @YouKnowWho‘s very own the circus all unfinished from what I saw and abandoned.

I mean if it doesnt end up completed i'll take all that blame h ah-

2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I write up my character bio tomorrow and ask you if he's acceptable.

ye

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

Acceptableddss!!

3 hours ago, Lumpa1227 said:

Is that a griffin...?

CLOCKWORKATOO: I'm a bird!! >:C

• Haha 3

Name: Dino

Age: No one knows for sure but his maturity matches that of a man in his mid/late 20s

Personality/bio: Dino is an inventor who loves tinkering and fixing things. Some may call him a scientist but that is not fully correct. Dino is easily impressed by any robot or clockwork and sometimes even begs for the blueprints. Despite being a t-rex of sorts, he is not out to kill fellow survivors/friends and not even that much of a hunter. He lost his arm long ago but was able to rebuild himself a fully functioning one from scrap. Some admire his work ethic.

Aside from his inventor side, he is a kind dino who is willing to help his friends any way he can. He's not "lovey-dovey" however who can easily be romance-able or really close to anyone.

Appearance:

Spoiler

old_oc__omg_it_has_a_name____by_dragonmalook_what_i_made__by_dragonmage156-dbdc4

(Keep forgetting his belt >_< )

He is smaller than a usual t-rex and shares a similar height to everyone else.

Strengths: Being an inventor he can make almost anything, provided he has the right tools and parts (and blueprints if needed). He has atleast the second tier of building (with some things, not all), he is not very in touch with his carnivorous instincts, his tail is very flexible and able to sometimes hold items.

Weaknesses: Can't swim, not very light footed, his mechanical arm can malfunction sometimes, he can easily get lost in thought and the world around him, can overwork himself, might become destructive if too insane, can't use or understand magic.

Inventory: Along with the sticks provided, he also has his tool belt, a couple of his tools and some gears.

(Please let me know if I should change his inventory or something else here)

• Like 1

Name: Bob the Ex Beefalo

Personality: Although Bob has the personality of a beefalo, he’s been refined through hard work and constant care. He’s loyal, he’s defensive of those who feed him, and he’s not one to ask questions, all though that wasn’t really a problem to begin with. He’s awfully confused about his new body, however.

Appearance: Bob was a beefalo. Upon his death, his owner strived to bring him back. He wasn’t a sane man. Somehow, by combining his cow’s bones with that of another he’d found underground and a little bit of magic, he managed to do what he set out for.

Bob.thumb.png.715edd84987f514a24da4be3641247ce.png

Strengths: Bob has the strength of a bull, the horns of a bull, and the mind of a bull. He’s strong, extremely brave, and hard working. Hard labor and even harder fighting is Bob’s grass and twigs.

Due to a recent change in physical form, Bob isn’t affected by most weather conditions, if they won’t physically harm him, like the infamous “Rocks are falling from the sky, oh lord, we are all going to die” weather condition. Plus, the ability to detach body parts is quite a useful one.

Weaknesses: Bob is, or was, an animal. He can’t talk, is incredibly stupid, is a vegetarian, and finds it incredibly difficult to use his new fingers, and struggles to even pick up a stick. He’s still got to eat, thought the reasons are unclear, and he’ll often have to rely on others to feed him.

He still has his animalistic instincts, and doesn't see the urgency of this whole survival nonsense. He's more worried about how he can't eat grass anymore, or how come there isn't any manure everywhere now.

Bob isn't completely himself, and he may get some strange thoughts of those he's never even considered existing, though considering people to exist isn't one of his hobbies, so he'll get a pass on that one.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2018 at 4:20 AM, YouKnowWho said:

Name: Bob the Ex Beefalo

Personality: Although Bob has the personality of a beefalo, he’s been refined through hard work and constant care. He’s loyal, he’s defensive of those who feed him, and he’s not one to ask questions, all though that wasn’t really a problem to begin with. He’s awfully confused about his new body, however.

Appearance: Bob was a beefalo. Upon his death, his owner strived to bring him back. He wasn’t a sane man. Somehow, by combining his cow’s bones with that of another he’d found underground and a little bit of magic, he managed to do what he set out for.

Bob.thumb.png.715edd84987f514a24da4be3641247ce.png

Strengths: Bob has the strength of a bull, the horns of a bull, and the mind of a bull. He’s strong, extremely brave, and hard working. Hard labor and even harder fighting is Bob’s grass and twigs.

Due to a recent change in physical form, Bob isn’t affected by most weather conditions, if they won’t physically harm him, like the infamous “Rocks are falling from the sky, oh lord, we are all going to die” weather condition. Plus, the ability to detach body parts is quite a useful one.

Weaknesses: Bob is, or was, an animal. He can’t talk, is incredibly stupid, is a vegetarian, and finds it incredibly difficult to use his new fingers, and struggles to even pick up a stick. He’s still got to eat, thought the reasons are unclear, and he’ll often have to rely on others to feed him.

He still has his animalistic instincts, and doesn't see the urgency of this whole survival nonsense. He's more worried about how he can't eat grass anymore, or how come there isn't any manure everywhere now.

Bob isn't completely himself, and he may get some strange thoughts of those he's never even considered existing, though considering people to exist isn't one of his hobbies, so he'll get a pass on that one.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:59 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Name: Dino

Age: No one knows for sure but his maturity matches that of a man in his mid/late 20s

Personality/bio: Dino is an inventor who loves tinkering and fixing things. Some may call him a scientist but that is not fully correct. Dino is easily impressed by any robot or clockwork and sometimes even begs for the blueprints. Despite being a t-rex of sorts, he is not out to kill fellow survivors/friends and not even that much of a hunter. He lost his arm long ago but was able to rebuild himself a fully functioning one from scrap. Some admire his work ethic.

Aside from his inventor side, he is a kind dino who is willing to help his friends any way he can. He's not "lovey-dovey" however who can easily be romance-able or really close to anyone.

Appearance:

Hide contents

old_oc__omg_it_has_a_name____by_dragonmalook_what_i_made__by_dragonmage156-dbdc4

(Keep forgetting his belt >_< )

He is smaller than a usual t-rex and shares a similar height to everyone else.

Strengths: Being an inventor he can make almost anything, provided he has the right tools and parts (and blueprints if needed). He has atleast the second tier of building (with some things, not all), he is not very in touch with his carnivorous instincts, his tail is very flexible and able to sometimes hold items.

Weaknesses: Can't swim, not very light footed, his mechanical arm can malfunction sometimes, he can easily get lost in thought and the world around him, can overwork himself, might become destructive if too insane, can't use or understand magic.

Inventory: Along with the sticks provided, he also has his tool belt, a couple of his tools and some gears.

(Please let me know if I should change his inventory or something else here)

Both are accepted!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Name: Whitney

Age: I dunno, I'll go with 23 or something generic like that.

Personality: Rather timid, and lacks self-esteem. She's a bit of a bookworm, and a failed childrens book author. 

Strengths: Is relatively intelligent, rather creative, and has a knack for puzzles.

Weaknesses: Rather shy, and incredibly weak. Gets scared quite easily, and isn't exactly a fashion expert.

Inventory: A sheet of paper, and a copy of the Incredibly Hungry Caterpillar.

Appearance: White-ish hair, cut down to about shoulder height, and is wearing.... clothes. Badly matched clothes. I can't think of any at the moment.

Edited by Raspberry Milk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Because all of you idiots are refusing to go with the DS theme to what is quite obviously a DS-esc roleplay (unless I'm wrong, and I'm never wrong, because I'm the pinnacle of human evolution)

The only reason I picked an animal OC over a human OC is 1) I've used Ria (which is my only human OC) more times than it's probably good and 2) I wanted to use a different OC for once. Heck maybe even develop him more as this RP goes on.

5 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Because all of you idiots are refusing to go with the DS theme to what is quite obviously a DS-esc roleplay (unless I'm wrong, and I'm never wrong, because I'm the pinnacle of human evolution) 

Name: Whitney

Age: I dunno, I'll go with 23 or something generic like that.

Personality: Rather timid, and lacks self-esteem. She's a bit of a bookworm, and a failed childrens book author. 

Strengths: Is relatively intelligent, rather creative, and has a knack for puzzles.

Weaknesses: Rather shy, and incredibly weak. Gets scared quite easily, and isn't exactly a fashion expert.

Inventory: A sheet of paper, and a copy of the Incredibly Hungry Caterpillar.

Appearance: White-ish hair, cut down to about shoulder height, and is wearing.... clothes. Badly matched clothes. I can't think of any at the moment.

Accepted but PLEASE do not insult characters or the roleplayers themselves for having strange characters when you have zero care for your own character.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Name: Winter 

Personality:Winter has an interesting sense of humor., She can go from dark to fart jokes. She is like a tired big sister who is a smart Alec. Her mouth often writes checks she has a hard time cashing when it comes to battle taunts.  She also has a hard time accepting what happened in her past happened so she just loves it away.  Winter is sweet and caring but if you hurt her to many times she pushes you away.

Strengths:She was an acrobat in a circus, so extremely flexible therefore good at dodging, possibly combat at times.  She is bold and will protect everyone she can, she especially has a knack for showing up at the right moment.

Weaknesses: her past haunts her, after her parents were abducted with her little brother it tore her up and she is convinced it's her fault, this comes in flash backs which like to ocour in battle and when sleeping, so she avoids sleep when possible.  She as previously stated gets bold with her taunts, making it difficult to go on them.  She will often give to many chances to those who don't deserve it.  Lack of sleep leads to likely insanity a lot.

I didn't know where this would fall sorry: she has an obsession with blades. To the point it becomes a lot like Willow with fire.

Appearance: she is about 5'4 with long red hair and hazel eyes.  She wears boots with small heels a long dress with a button up shirt. The shirt is black and the skirt burgundy. She is pale and her hair is usually in a ponytail.

Inventory: A small knife, given to her by her dad. A book called Harry the dirty dog. And a Saxaphone necklace

(If I need to I can try to play some of the in game characters to.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Sorry, that was intended to be a joke. Should I edit it out?

If you could UwU
Even if it is a joke it could still be taken the wrong way

5 hours ago, WhitneyH said:

Name: Winter 

Personality:Winter has an interesting sense of humor., She can go from dark to fart jokes. She is like a tired big sister who is a smart Alec. Her mouth often writes checks she has a hard time cashing when it comes to battle taunts.  She also has a hard time accepting what happened in her past happened so she just loves it away.  Winter is sweet and caring but if you hurt her to many times she pushes you away.

Strengths:She was an acrobat in a circus, so extremely flexible therefore good at dodging, possibly combat at times.  She is bold and will protect everyone she can, she especially has a knack for showing up at the right moment.

Weaknesses: her past haunts her, after her parents were abducted with her little brother it tore her up and she is convinced it's her fault, this comes in flash backs which like to ocour in battle and when sleeping, so she avoids sleep when possible.  She as previously stated gets bold with her taunts, making it difficult to go on them.  She will often give to many chances to those who don't deserve it.  Lack of sleep leads to likely insanity a lot.

I didn't know where this would fall sorry: she has an obsession with blades. To the point it becomes a lot like Willow with fire.

Appearance: she is about 5'4 with long red hair and hazel eyes.  She wears boots with small heels a long dress with a button up shirt. The shirt is black and the skirt burgundy. She is pale and her hair is usually in a ponytail.

Inventory: A small knife, given to her by her dad. A book called Harry the dirty dog. And a Saxaphone necklace

(If I need to I can try to play some of the in game characters to.)

(No need, this is all OCs)
Very much accepted!