Reshiriam

Don't Starve fan art, stylized art and... maybe other things

Recommended Posts

Mistikl    157

Hey! Hi there! :D I'm new here too! For a first it's a very good result! DS's style is not that easy as it might seems, but you made it quite well! Keep it up! \^o^/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    51,275
4 hours ago, Reshiriam said:
  1.  I'm bad at survival games but this game art hh,
  2. So! I will post my fanart and stylized art from time to time, don't expect regular updates!
  3. Bro DS style.png
  1. Yeah, I never really played rng games before DS. After getting Oxygen Not Included and Invisible Inc from Klei, I'm really getting hooked to the genre. It keeps me on my toes.
  2. Take your time. It's just nice you decided to make a thread at all. Thanks for doing it.:wilson_smile:
  3. So in your persona, you'd have a pet spider?
3 hours ago, Reshiriam said:
  1. I couldn't really pull it out on time that effect would satisfy me, I scrapped it and drew my two favourite characters!
  2. wilson.thumb.png.0d7cae96499c366cccc281bfc9b6d7a5.png
  3. 5a539f1d3d67e_Wilsonfishing.thumb.png.23e054bf10887ee1b262b417d6cd80b7.png
  1. Even if you scrapped it, I'd like to see the piece if you ever redo the idea again.
  2. This could be during the DST timeline, when Webber comes through the portal.
  3. I imagine this could be during the Cyclum comic when Charlie throws Maxwell through a portal in the sky.You managed to get the feeling for your piee the way you wanted.
    If I could suggest something, it'd be the pond's angle. I see what you were doing just thought I'd suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reshiriam    29
1 hour ago, Mistikl said:

Hey! Hi there! :D I'm new here too! For a first it's a very good result! DS's style is not that easy as it might seems, but you made it quite well! Keep it up! \^o^/

Well yeah, I tried to study it mostly from their videos, but in game and from art too! It's actually quite hard, nothing easy like Adventure Time or anything :'D Happy to hear it, will try to make it even better! /w\

18 minutes ago, minespatch said:
  1. Yeah, I never really played rng games before DS. After getting Oxygen Not Included and Invisible Inc from Klei, I'm really getting hooked to the genre. It keeps me on my toes.
  2. Take your time. It's just nice you decided to make a thread at all. Thanks for doing it.:wilson_smile:
  3. So in your persona, you'd have a pet spider?
  1. Even if you scrapped it, I'd like to see the piece if you ever redo the idea again.
  2. This could be during the DST timeline, when Webber comes through the portal.
  3. I imagine this could be during the Cyclum comic when Charlie throws Maxwell through a portal in the sky.You managed to get the feeling for your piee the way you wanted.
    If I could suggest something, it'd be the pond's angle. I see what you were doing just thought I'd suggest.

1. Ohh, I thought about trying their other games in the future, but I learned about them just a little while ago, they are not as popular as DS was and still is after this years

2. Well, I'm not as forward with my art lol I mean, I feel like forum threads are a bit different than posts on deviantArt or tumblr, but it's just probably my point of view.

3. Oh, no, it was my brother idea to have it! I would prefer something fluffy and cute like chester, but heck, I'm not that scared of spiders to not own one! Do I...?

1.1. I will definitely do them as full art, I just felt it would be quite empty with just one!

2.2. Could be, especially because I play with friend as Wilson and Webber, haha!

3.3. I've seen too many memes of it, but never read the comic, what a shame :0 Ohh definitely, the pond was just a raw sketch so it wouldn't be just fishing rod in the air! And first I thought about the river, but I actually never saw in the game the one in which you could fish...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    51,275
1 hour ago, Reshiriam said:
  1. 2. Well, I'm not as forward with my art lol I mean, I feel like forum threads are a bit different than posts on deviantArt or tumblr, but it's just probably my point of view.
  2. 3. Oh, no, it was my brother idea to have it! I would prefer something fluffy and cute like chester, but heck, I'm not that scared of spiders to not own one! Do I...?
  3. 3.3. I've seen too many memes of it, but never read the comic, what a shame :0
  4. Ohh definitely, the pond was just a raw sketch so it wouldn't be just fishing rod in the air! And first I thought about the river, but I actually never saw in the game the one in which you could fish...
  1. I like the format of the forums, just post art and don't have to worry about categorization. Just my view so I understand your disorientation. Again, thanks for replying.
  2. It's your persona, have fun with however you want to do with it.:wilson_smile:
  3. Here you go: http://cyclum.dontstarvetogether.com/login
    I also recommend the William Carter Puzzles:http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/William_Carter_Puzzles
  4. There's no rivers in the game. Just ponds and the ocean(which you can use a fishing rod to pull in debris). Though if Maxwell/Charlie(depending on which timeline) wanted to, they could implement rivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reshiriam    29
33 minutes ago, minespatch said:
  1. I like the format of the forums, just post art and don't have to worry about categorization. Just my view so I understand your disorientation. Again, thanks for replying.
  2. It's your persona, have fun with however you want to do with it.:wilson_smile:
  3. Here you go: http://cyclum.dontstarvetogether.com/login
    I also recommend the William Carter Puzzles:http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/William_Carter_Puzzles
  4. There's no rivers in the game. Just ponds and the ocean(which you can use a fishing rod to pull in debris). Though if Maxwell/Charlie(depending on which timeline) wanted to, they could implement rivers.

After your comment I've read the comic, it was so much fun with the puzzles!

Oh, so it's the ocean, I thought it was a river :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    51,275
2 hours ago, Reshiriam said:
  1. After your comment I've read the comic, it was so much fun with the puzzles!
  2. Oh, so it's the ocean, I thought it was a river :D
  1. Here's Metheus: https://metheus.dontstarvetogether.com
    I highly recommend getting a friend for the next puzzle. Though as for Cylum, did you use the wiki or did you manage to solve it yourself? 
  2. Yeah, it's expanded in the DLC Shipwrecked but the vanilla/Reign of Giants single player seem to be a different dimension. The water looks fake while Shipwreck's looks real.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    23,645

In all honesty, it would be awesome if DS/T had rivers ^_^

Also nice art. The first piece captured the DS style quite well. Looking forward to seeing your drafts finished or even more fleshed out :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reshiriam    29
11 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Here's Metheus: https://metheus.dontstarvetogether.com
    I highly recommend getting a friend for the next puzzle. Though as for Cylum, did you use the wiki or did you manage to solve it yourself? 
  2. Yeah, it's expanded in the DLC Shipwrecked but the vanilla/Reign of Giants single player seem to be a different dimension. The water looks fake while Shipwreck's looks real.

1. Oh, this looks harder.

I helped myself with this word puzzle, because I wouldn't do this myself :wilson_curious:

2. Yes, actually I played Shipwrecked just a little bit, survived like 4 days and was on same island, but I died because of poison and when I searched the cure I already dropped venom gland and then wasn't able to find it... Just my luck with survivour games :wilson_ecstatic:

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

In all honesty, it would be awesome if DS/T had rivers ^_^

Also nice art. The first piece captured the DS style quite well. Looking forward to seeing your drafts finished or even more fleshed out :)

Yes, it would be interesting!

Aww thank you! :wilson_flower:

Edited by Reshiriam
Mistaken words
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reshiriam    29

Anyone interested about this update: I'm sculping Wilson figure with clay and I plan to make it with holder and also a Chester(winter one)! Will post photos soon as it will look more figure like, now it's just a shape of head, body and legs, so nothing interesting atm beside this information :wilson_laugh:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    23,645
6 hours ago, Reshiriam said:

Anyone interested about this update: I'm sculping Wilson figure with clay and I plan to make it with holder and also a Chester(winter one)! Will post photos soon as it will look more figure like, now it's just a shape of head, body and legs, so nothing interesting atm beside this information :wilson_laugh:

I'd like to see it when it's more finalized ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reshiriam    29
3 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'd like to see it when it's more finalized ^_^

It will probably get done in a few days, probably at the end of the week :wilson_laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reshiriam    29
9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Take your time with the scultping and thanks for posting wips! IT's interesting seeing the process.:wilson_smile:

Yeah, I tend to take as much as I can, but after a long time it becomes painful when I stretch my hands with this all dried out clay on them :wilson_enraged:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mistikl    157
22 hours ago, Reshiriam said:

So! First, I made yesterday base face, body and legs(no arms at this moment), wasn't looking that bad, so I added nose. For the hair I thought to make it the next day when base will be rock hard

5a568e0e27eda_2.1(2).thumb.jpg.ec0a45c01bc198a22f0b253712ec041c.jpg

So... I made it. I'm kinda happy with the result, but... I think now the face is too small, I'm not really sure here... Because  Wilson has a bit big hair, just like his head... But I have to at least put a little of clay on face, because all the slippery water I needed to place hair here(100% clay, no wires included!) but I leave critique to you, as an artist I can't do it on myself really!!

IMG_20180110_225219.thumb.jpg.a4da693a410b96d60080adaee04a4aa9.jpgIMG_20180110_225208.thumb.jpg.b3f9c45d2e7f874755912f4447ee1ff6.jpg

 

I think it looks pretty neat so far! :wilson_wink: But, maybe, add some more clay on his chin, cause in his art, his face is a bit longer. But so far it looks great! ^o^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reshiriam    29
2 hours ago, Mistikl said:

I think it looks pretty neat so far! :wilson_wink: But, maybe, add some more clay on his chin, cause in his art, his face is a bit longer. But so far it looks great! ^o^

Thank you!! Yeah, I will surely add it, I tried to make is as sharp as I could but that didn't worked first, especially because it was so slippy there :wilson_sneaky:

I hope I won't destroy it when painting tho! /o\;;;

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reshiriam    29

Woah, haven't posted here for more than a week! So, the figure is not going forward as much as I wanted to, unfortunately :wilson_cry: But I have new screen tablet which makes me kinda work faster than normal one, so I will be back with art in like a day or two!! :wilson_love:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now