Redeem Codes, Characters, and Trading

So I’m a little out of the loop, I’ve had DS and DST for a while (right when DST was released) I was wondering if there was any way to get the loyalty skins for RoG and SW? Or is that still a no?

Also are they planning on adding the DLC SW characters or is that just single player exclusive?

And finally, since consoles can’t trade skins/cosmetic items, we can’t fully express ourselves (yes I know this is a little whiny/nit-picky). PC members can trade with other players, buy/sell, and exchange cosmetics (though for 9 of 1 rarity-1 higher rarity). While we console players only get that last option. And at a rate of a max of 4 items of random rarity per week, I feel like we should be entitled to either a trade option (between people in the same world), a less expensive trade in, or more gifts per week. (This last one is just me ranting while I’m at it. Although it would be appreciated if Klei altered consoles cosmetic trading diversity, I know they are not entitled to and respect that.)

You can get the loyal skins only on PC by doing this on steam:

1. Go to your steam library.

2. Right click Don't Starve (not DST)

3. Click View CD key (if i remember correctly that its called like that)

4. Open DST and press the enter code option on the main menu.

5. Enter the codes for RoG and SW you have from the CD keys.

6. If you typed the codes correctly you should get your loyal skins right after you put the code in.

You sadly can't get them on console, but if you get it on PC i hope this helps :)

1 hour ago, Mr. Matt said:

You can get the loyal skins only on PC by doing this on steam:

1. Go to your steam library.

2. Right click Don't Starve (not DST)

3. Click View CD key (if i remember correctly that its called like that)

4. Open DST and press the enter code option on the main menu.

5. Enter the codes for RoG and SW you have from the CD keys.

6. If you typed the codes correctly you should get your loyal skins right after you put the code in.

You sadly can't get them on console, but if you get it on PC i hope this helps :)

I know about Pc, and I was just wondering (if) when PS4 will get them

There is no official answer as of yet. I forgot what developer commented a while back about how he thought it was already implemented. I understood that as them going to eventually bring support to loyalty skins on the PS4 (and hopefully the Xbox later). 

My suggestion would be to keep this discussion open, so that the developers keep seeing interest in this. If they do not see major interest, nothing will happen.

5 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

LOl idk what u guys are talking about! You can get the skins on PS4, if you get the code from steam ,you just go on settings and then you go to extras. There you can redeem your codes.image.thumb.jpg.e89e089f9ee64437fde75075cb147f1e.jpgthis picture is a bit old but you can see the skins here.

We are talking about Ps4, as in, if you own not only Ps4 DST, but also the Single player edition. That's what the problem is, PC version has the code you can redeem but not console. So even though I own SW and RoG, unless I purchased the PC version I can't get the codes.

20 hours ago, BurningFox said:

We are talking about Ps4, as in, if you own not only Ps4 DST, but also the Single player edition. That's what the problem is, PC version has the code you can redeem but not console. So even though I own SW and RoG, unless I purchased the PC version I can't get the codes.

Ah ok sorry my bad! Ok they will never implement that probably. 

We won't get it, the developer already said that PS4 players who own Don't Starve, Reign of Giants and Shipwreck for the PS4 cannot get DST skins for it because there's no way they can tell who bought the copy so they can't give skins at this time. 

I asked the same question last year and one of the Klei's staff told me that they can't give to PS4 because there's no way to tell who bought a copy of the game or not :/ 

Saddly, the only way to get it is to re-purchase the same games but for the PC and get the codes from PC version to redeem on PS4.

On 3/10/2018 at 3:18 AM, jesuisralph said:

We won't get it, the developer already said that PS4 players who own Don't Starve, Reign of Giants and Shipwreck for the PS4 cannot get DST skins for it because there's no way they can tell who bought the copy so they can't give skins at this time. 

I asked the same question last year and one of the Klei's staff told me that they can't give to PS4 because there's no way to tell who bought a copy of the game or not :/ 

Saddly, the only way to get it is to re-purchase the same games but for the PC and get the codes from PC version to redeem on PS4.

Yes you can, they can integrate Xbox live and PSN capabilities to their servers, but it would require work and money. And if they can't do that, they can take a page from EA:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-provide-proof-of-purchase/

There is always a way. Like I said two months ago here, they are still trying to figure it out, since they have not issued any update on this.

On 3/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, Master Wolf said:

Yes you can, they can integrate Xbox live and PSN capabilities to their servers, but it would require work and money. And if they can't do that, they can take a page from EA:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-provide-proof-of-purchase/

There is always a way. Like I said two months ago here, they are still trying to figure it out, since they have not issued any update on this.

kcr31aK.png

ZFAjDGW.png

Source:

26 minutes ago, jesuisralph said:

kcr31aK.png

ZFAjDGW.png

Source:

:roll:They told you that they don't want to do it...............

I was just showing that what you said previously was wrong:

@JoeWalready said they are working on it........patience is a virtue.

1 minute ago, Master Wolf said:

For everyone else that can actually read, they are working on it.

Yes, because you seem to have failed to read this

kcr31aK.png

Just asked on their live stream and here's the answer:

q79XktI.png

I got a shoutout from the artist in the stream, lol :D

Archived