[Game Update] - 247542

33 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I wonder what it sounds like to have every character use /carol at the same time...

9 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I can't imagine it being too bad if they're all synchronized properly. But that could be pretty difficult to pull off without some console wizardry.

It would be really cool if they code something in to make you sync up to other people caroling if they're nearby.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mueck said:

I really don't know what to say, I'm quite disappointed. Is this game completely about useless cosmetics, decorations, fancy boss fights and bragging rights now? In my opinion, the game design for DST has suffered a lot lately and is getting repetitive. This had some much potential, but instead Klei added a Laser-Deerclops. A ridiculous Laser-Deerclops! I mean, seriously, what even is that?

This is a small update for Chrismas. Also, with all the people wanting different things for the game, Klei probably wants to experiment with events rather than adding things to base game. At least for now.

Nice festive update and beatiful Skins:)

I actually hope for new ideas like a pumkin enemy for Hallowed Night next year, since Winter's Feast got the most attention for 2 years...*whistle* (well I think the Forge took all the attention from Hallowed Nights)

• Like 1

Just now, axxel said:

Nice festive update and beatiful Skins:)

I actually hope for new ideas like a pumkin enemy for Hallowed Night next year, since Winter's Feast got the most attention for 2 years...*whistle* (well I think the Forge took all the attention from Hallowed Nights)

How so? Hallowed Nights had a full skinset, Winter's Feast doesn't even get that. Would be cool if we got Hallowed Chests next year though. Make em pumpkin coloured!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I wonder what it sounds like to have every character use /carol at the same time...

Well here, I took out Wigfrid and Wilson: Carol.mp3

4 hours ago, 9screamingkittens said:

like your worst nightmare

You're actually right, It's terrible. If you actually want to hear it, you have been warned.

Spoiler

• Like 5

23 hours ago, JoeW said:

The Snowfallen Collection is for those 6 survivors. We really wanted to sneak in some new stuff for this Winter's Feast so we had to either limit the amount of survivors that get skins or we couldn't make them at all.

Don't worry though, we concepted for the others; so they will likely come next Winter's Feast. And if we do other smaller sets we will balance with consideration to what has already been done. So if your main didn't get a skin this time around it will be favored in the future.

We also made sure that everybody gets more skins during the Winter's Feast event. During the event all common drops are replaced by a mystery box containing 4 items of any rarity and all classy drops are now Winter Boxes that contain 4 Winter items of any rarity. 

23 hours ago, Kaio17 said:

Already raising the prices for skins? forge was 12 sets for almost same price o.o

Could at least give us the extra items..

._.

Edit: I just some items are distinguished lol haha

I also consider that the price is kinda high considering the forge skin set prices.

that one was 12,99 if I remember correctly and now we get only 6 character skins for 9,99. IMO 7,99 would've been a more reasonable price.

@JoeW Are you gonna consider adjusting the price for the next set considering we have bought this set already? (9,99 x 2 vs 12,99 euros for all characters in the forge??) 

Also Winter lasts until Februery-March so you could probably work on the rest of the skins until now, specially since you have already the concepts for them. It's just weird to split the community mains with some people with winter skins and the others just have to look with envy at the others. 

For the others, cuz ofc u have to explain... I guess. I'm not a hater. I love this game and this company A LOT, but this just feels weird and not very Klei-ish.

Also, I looooove the winter Wicker skin, my fav so far. <3

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Mueck said:

I really don't know what to say, I'm quite disappointed. Is this game completely about useless cosmetics, decorations, fancy boss fights and bragging rights now? In my opinion, the game design for DST has suffered a lot lately and is getting repetitive. This had some much potential, but instead Klei added a Laser-Deerclops. A ridiculous Laser-Deerclops! I mean, seriously, what even is that?

don't starve has always been ridiculous tho. bad puns, messed up creatures, exaggerated characters, and lotsa dying. its pretty grotesque. if you want more story-related events i'm afraid you'll have to wait - if they released everything at once there'd be nothing to anticipate anymore, and personally, as an artist, i love them new designs. they're eye-candy and very pleasurable to draw. like, even i dont play as much regular dst anymore but im still into it thanks to the widely laid-out updates. i agree that people bragging isnt the greatest to look at but stuck up pricks are gonna exist in every game where it's possible to best someone. unfortunate but meh, what can you do?

(plus, if you're playing with a group of friends, you can just choose not to use any of the decorative parts of the game! theres always that option)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Instead of including a few fun quirky things for us to play with while we wait for the next event to drop they should have just given us absolutely nothing! Quality plan.

clay has done it again

they gave us more content and i cant stomach the idea of rose skin memes not being relevant anymore let alone dead game complaints

why did you kill our game, clay

goodtoeat.PNG.21fe509cb620bddcb26e86d4f859711d.PNG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2