Cheerio

[Tubular Preview Update] - 246676

Recommended Posts

midjones    49
2 minutes ago, donutman07 said:

its like night and day updating to this patch

I know, cycle 300 feels like cycle 1, smooth as butter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speadge    36
23 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • tube entrance status no longer flickers madly if partially powered
  • tube crossings/joint plates can no longer be built on top of other buildings
  • fixed conduit ball rendering in overlays on linux
  • enabled release optimizations
     

 

View full update

 

well.. gone from 9 fps to 27... thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpe12    127
1 hour ago, Cheerio said:

enabled release optimizations


Cycle 1300 at max speed from 5-9fps to 24fps. Nice.
And more importantly, the dupes freeze for very little time, if at all, after finishing a job.
Before this they would finish a job, think about life for some time, and only then go to do another thing...

Edited by Alpe12
Complementing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lifegrow    1,566

Hate to be the bearer of bad news - @Cheerio I was initially absolutely blown away, from around 12 fps to ~30 - amazing, absolutely awesome improvement.

Sadly, after playing the colony for 40 minutes or so, we're back down to the usual crappy fps... (bottom left corner)

image.thumb.png.4abcd3425c9f4a46e66be21a824283f9.png

It's actually lower now than it was pre-update.

I know you said that during the preview it would be a bit up and down, but will this be better in the official release tomorrow ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheerio    2,677
12 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news - @Cheerio I was initially absolutely blown away, from around 12 fps to ~30 - amazing, absolutely awesome improvement.

Sadly, after playing the colony for 40 minutes or so, we're back down to the usual crappy fps... (bottom left corner)

image.thumb.png.4abcd3425c9f4a46e66be21a824283f9.png

It's actually lower now than it was pre-update.

I know you said that during the preview it would be a bit up and down, but will this be better in the official release tomorrow ?

 

Is this the same save file or a different one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lifegrow    1,566
1 minute ago, Cheerio said:

Is this the same save file or a different one?

Originally rolled back to Automalarkey.sav - cycle 500ish

Played for maybe 10-15 cycles to Automalarkey TB Update.sav

I want to play it on tomorrows stream - so was "hypeyaf" to see the performance fixes, but it sadly didn't last very long :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lifegrow    1,566
4 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Let me take a look.

I figured out the problem - I had rebuilt the compactors in the chlorine rooms recently, and issued a giant sweep command for them to put my crap away again (deleted them previously to see if it helped FPS)

If you cancel that sweep command in both chlorine filled areas, the fps rockets upwards again.

image.thumb.png.65c49478471b4ab19961885c59ad2984.png

You can replicate this easily by doing a giant sweep over both storage areas - mine drops from around 28 fps to 12ish instantly.

Edited by Lifegrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheerio    2,677

It still shouldn't be that slow  to mark a bunch of things to clear but I'm not sure that will get fixed for tomorrow. Sorry about that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saturnus    3,536
5 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I figured out the problem - I had rebuilt the compactors in the chlorine rooms recently, and issued a giant sweep command for them to put my crap away again (deleted them previously to see if it helped FPS)

If you cancel that sweep command in both chlorine filled areas, the fps rockets upwards again.

Oh good.

Btw, you can avoid the game upgrading by finding the appmanifest for oxygen not included and change the update behaviour from "1" to "0" if you wish to stay on the current automation upgrade.

 

2017-12-14.png

Edited by Saturnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lifegrow    1,566
Just now, Cheerio said:

It still shouldn't be that slow  to mark a bunch of things to clear but I'm not sure that will get fixed for tomorrow. Sorry about that!

My thoughts exactly - Still, don't want to seem ungrateful - amazing work on the performance fixes guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheerio    2,677
7 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

My thoughts exactly - Still, don't want to seem ungrateful - amazing work on the performance fixes guys.

Not at all. There's still a lot more optimization that needs to be done :).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lifegrow    1,566
Just now, Cheerio said:

Not at all. There's still a lot more optimization that needs to be done :).

Well I've been one of those bitching and whining about late game fps for maybe 8 months or so, and these initial fixes blew me away - so really, well done. Have an eggnog on us! Thanks for the speedy responses too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkunkMaster    226
3 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Not at all. There's still a lot more optimization that needs to be done :).

Never the less, this update was so far THE best, game is now enjoyable beyond cycle 100, and with more then just 10 dupes... rocking 30+ fps with 20 dupes was a dream before this update.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eggsvbacon    46
20 hours ago, Cheerio said:

It still shouldn't be that slow  to mark a bunch of things to clear but I'm not sure that will get fixed for tomorrow. Sorry about that!

In my experience, the more flashing status icons for problems/jobs/sweeping the slower my game is, 100%. Have been playing the beta, haven't started a new game to tinker with this on the final update. Will see how it goes, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now