Sign in to follow this  
bllu

Menu Screen not loading properly

bllu    10

I haven't played Don't Starve in a while so I decided to load it up and play it for a bit but when I do It only loads the Don't Starve logo with the beta id at the bottom. I launched it from the chrome store and from the Don't Starve game website with similar results. I cleared my cache and cookies but that still doesn't fix the problem for me :(

Posted Image

burfl    13

To you and the devs, this is exactly what happened to me when Win 8 downloaded the security updates. In fact, the updates were labeled as "Windows 7". No way to be sure, but it could be the same issue.I fixed it going into Windows Update and uninstalling the most recent updates (mine were on Oct. 21).

bllu    10

tastycrayonsattacks - oh no I wasnt logged on to chrome I'll try that right now. Hmm it still not working unfortunatly.burfl - I would try that but I'm kind of scared that I might break something lol.

bllu    10

no problems :) I'll go ahead and try that and see if anything changes. What updates did you uninstall though? There is a bunch of updates that say security update for windows or update for microsoft windows

burfl    13

I wish I had written down the numbers (KB.....), but I didn't. There were maybe 5(?) of them and they were all installed on the 21st of October. I just removed them all, because I didn't know which one had done it and they require a restart to apply.

burfl    13

Huzzah! You're welcome :)Hey Klei peeps, might be worth tracking down exactly which of those updates broke NaCl. I know you can't fix NaCl, but it would be worth knowing which one your customers can uninstall to fix the problem.

Sign in to follow this