Ipsquiggle

Tubular Upgrade Preview (And Holiday Break!)

midjones    49

Haha those tubes look hilariously awesome!  Is the art final or will it be updated to look more 3-dimensional (currently it looks a little flat)

So excited to try this out, it looks amazing. Imagine how fast you can strip-mine now -- tubes can bring materials back to base super fast.

I wonder if it's possible to transport materials through these tubes without a dupe holding them. i.e. dupe drops some material on an automation button, material gets sucked through the tubes to a storage room in your base.

Edited by midjones

Michi01    1,769

I've been trying to set up a tube with a tube access for about ten minutes now and I just can't get it to work, no matter what I try.

Grimgaw    523
Just now, Michi01 said:

I've been trying to set up a tube with a tube access for about ten minutes now and I just can't get it to work, no matter what I try.

Yeah the dupes aren't using the access point.

bzgzd    276
15 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

Connect like this:

82IjjFQ.png

But they use a lot energy... also when not used.

Michi01    1,769

Nevermind, I think I just made the exit wrong, I got this to work
20171207212329_1.thumb.jpg.34b91903f2403aeed1b060e39e1de1e0.jpg

1 minute ago, bzgzd said:

Connect like this:

"Access points are required for duplicants to enter tubes, but are not required to exit them."

bzgzd    276
6 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

"Access points are required for duplicants to enter tubes, but are not required to exit them."

I know. I posted it at same time as your post so didn't see your image... don't know why your rightmost access was not working.

midjones    49
10 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

Connect like this:

82IjjFQ.png

But they use a lot energy... also when not used.

Is that a bug? I wouldn't expect the tubes to use a lot of energy when not in use

Saturnus    3,345

I'm about as excited for this upgrade as a duckbill platypus looking at the meat lovers special in a Hestor Blumenthal restaurant. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Michi01    1,769
1 minute ago, midjones said:

Is that a bug? I wouldn't expect the tubes to use a lot of energy when not in use

Judging by how they look, I would assume that the only consume power until they're charged for three usages (which they don't, as pointed out).

Grimgaw    523
4 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Now that we figured out how to connect the tubes, does anyone made tube bridge work?

Answering myself I guess, build bridge over complete pipe.

• Like 1