Tubular Upgrade Preview (And Holiday Break!)

1 hour ago, donutman07 said:

...I was also disappointed you cannot build the tubes behind buildings, ladders, or fire poles.  I don't mind not being able to build through tiles, the tile connector tube building is fine, but, there's no similar solution for other buildings, ladders, or fire poles.  You just have to build around them. ...

I agree, I can't think of many ways to make space for a 3rd tile birth between fire poles and ladders, I know in reality, the game is 2D block meme. However, let's get real here, it's more than reasonable to think there are more dimensions to a hole in the ground or a cave, it's not just flat, they don't just slide around on a 2d surface.

Okay, so they sort of do that, but my points remain, it's not outside the realm of possibility, considering background buildings now exist, even though those are meant to be perceived as flat??

I decided to give this update another try, and so I did..

Performance is horrible right now, and tubes are too expensive. The time I created a tube system, my dupes are running faster than it. Hope it gets change....

Note: Just read the comments, Someone already mentioned this actually...

8 minutes ago, GuyPerfect said:

Performance concerns have already been brought up here and explained here.

That does not explain what @Oozinator and @Saturnus are talking about. If the gpu/cpus are not getting used that much then the problem might not be in the step by step iteration of the game and this is useful information for the devs. It might be that the OS isn't giving the engine of ONI what it needs to run or it might be that there are memory problems. Also since it is only a *single* core that is being used means that there can be opportunities to tune the game in a different way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Game is unplayable for me now. I don't use devmode. Most tubers and players use devmode to play and build small stuff. When there would be no devmode..

What's devmode anyway? Debug mode? I don't use that either (I do actually, but only for testing stuff).. Performance drops explicitly from cycle 1 at the start, it sometimes ends up freezing my desktop.. Not playing it till next upgrade

Performance issue right now is related do debuglogs enabled by devs. Debuglogs are small commands inside the code that check and log the results of calculations. Big code like game in developed stage have tones of them (thousands of them) and they eat a lot of performance. Normally debuglogs are enabled in dev builds and are disabled in release builds but devs want to run wide test and that's why right now game run so slow. Official build will have disabled debuglogs.

• Thanks 1

debug, testing things before i implement them into my base, looks like until the full release which hopefully fixes the dupe frozen delivery animation.

it appears it hangs right before the animation finishes, gun dissapears and then dupe just freezes. gohere command fixes it, and he has plenty of work to do so the logic breaks. even on single speed