The Forge Has Ended

JoeW

Hey Everybody, 

The Forge has officially come to a close. 

Thanks to everybody who played and to those who didn't hopefully we'll have something a little more your style in the future. 

Thanks to everybody who provided feedback both critical and positive about The Forge. We put a lot of work into some infrastructure here that we will be able to use in the future and your feedback will help us make that even better as well. We hope to bring The Forge back in the future and we will address and incorporate new features based on your feedback and ideas.

Please share your ideas and suggestions about future events here as well. We're already at work on our next event and look forward to sharing details with you soon.

We're leaving open the ability to buy The Forge Skins packs and weaving of skins for another week so that those of you who want to finish out your collections may do so. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 8

Could you please leave the Forge skins purchasable permanently? Respectfully it seems completely ridiculous that Klei would remove a source of revenue for those who would want to purchase the skins. Doesn't the Klei staff need to eat? =)

Also leaving the shop/skins purchasable can raise awareness of events to players who may not be as invested in the game as many of the players on the forum or completely new to the game that limited events exist. (And also inform them that the shop even exists.)

Its ultimately Klei's decision but I personally think its a mistake to remove the store/skins. Removing them does enforce that they are event skins but if we can have Hallowed Nights costume skins year round I see no reason to remove the Forge skins from the shop.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

We're already at work on our next event and look forward to sharing details with you soon.

We're leaving open the ability to buy The Forge Skins packs and weaving of skins for another week so that those of you who want to finish out your collections may do so.

I recall you mentioning something along the lines of seeing if these events would be able to sustain themselves using the skin packs.

Since there's another event planned, I assume that the Forge was at least self-sustainable from the skin pack purchasers.

Was the Forge more profitable than anticipated?

Further, will we be seeing more events after this next event should the currency flow be maintained?

• Like 2

I honestly bought the skins not because I want them, I bought them just because I want to support you guys to keep going and do more events.

I believe the next event will be better and more fun than this one. 

Love you Klei <3

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Wow... I was playing one last game to get one last chest before spending all my spools and when I exited the game at 4 min after the reset (I guess) I couldn't' spend ANY of the spools I had saved up. I officially hate Klei.... what is the point of spools if you have to spend them before the event ends when you might then get the thing you wove in a future chest? That's patently ridiculous. We should be allowed to weave the event items for a day after the event ends. I now have a few thousand useless spools, thanks Klei

Edited by Shockwave-

2 minutes ago, Bonida said:

I honestly bought the skins not because I want them, I bought them just because I want to support you guys to keep going and do more events.

Same! It was really nice to get enough from main-game drops to weave into the item skins I wanted as well, even though I never set foot in the Forge!

2 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

Could you please leave the Forge skins purchasable permanently? Respectfully it seems completely ridiculous that Klei would remove a source of revenue for those who would want to purchase the skins. Doesn't the Klei staff need to eat? =)

I don't think it's a good idea. The event should feels as a "whole" and pack help this, selling pack all the year will break something i feel. Also, i feel that people could feel they were incited to buy something they could win in game if they buy pack outside the event because they don't know that the event will return or stuff like this.

About the forge, global feedback :

- 6 players is maybe too much, it means that there are a lot of moment when we must wait for people. I hope futures event will sometimes require less people (or just adjust to number of player)

- average time of my game was probably around 23 minutes for a win. It's an important time for something when you can't pause/quit for two minutes or relax a little. So it could be pretty intense. Not necessarily bad, but i hope some others event will have a different rhyme, and maybe allows pauses or something.

- Wendy is a little useless to me in this game mode. Some others character can be neglected too, but she is probably the one i saw the least played.

I liked the event. I'm not good at fighting/kiting but it didn't prevented me to win multiple times. The balance was ok for me, and the repetitivity was needed so i can learn.

1 minute ago, Shockwave- said:

I officially hate Klei.... what is the point of spools if you have to spend them before the event ends when you might then get the thing you wove in a future chest? That's patently ridiculous. We should be allowed to weave the event items for a day after the event ends. I now have a few thousand useless spools, thanks Klei

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

Maybe a bug ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Wow... I was playing one last game to get one last chest before spending all my spools and when I exited the game at 4 min after the reset (I guess) I couldn't' spend ANY of the spools I had saved up. I officially hate Klei.... what is the point of spools if you have to spend them before the event ends when you might then get the thing you wove in a future chest? That's patently ridiculous. We should be allowed to weave the event items for a day after the event ends. I now have a few thousand useless spools, thanks Klei

You gotta learn how to read, man. :| 

If you can't weave anything right now, it's a bug that'll get fixed. Chill.

"We're leaving open the ability to buy The Forge Skins packs and weaving of skins for another week so that those of you who want to finish out your collections may do so.

Edited by Chris1488
  • Haha 1

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Shockwave- said:

Got a War chest as my first gift back playing regular DST, are war chests supposed to be there as gfts still even if the forge is gone?

Only if you had one previously unopened. Otherwise the Common drops will go back to the regular items.

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

Please share your ideas and suggestions about future events here as well. We're already at work on our next event and look forward to sharing details with you soon.

We should travel to the moon in DST or "moon" as Maxwell puts it. Maybe we'll find flying cows and pigs. Maybe a fork running away with a spoon or clockwork versions of them at least...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really liked the forge event and just wished it were longer, both as duration and gameplay-wise. I wish it had more levels or a greater difficulty with greater rewards.
Nonetheless it felt balanced and complete, so kudos for such a great event!

It was a cool and fun event. The normal survival multiplayer gameplay and my shifts doesn't match sometimes, so the forge + the skins are a big bonus for me and I made some friends there :). What I didn't like was unlimited time and the fixed order of the enemy spawn (it's not a bad thing since raid bosses should be predictable). It's just personal, since some people refuse to give up even if they are alone and they drag out to gain additional time XP.I think it is not necessary. Also, people like to juggle between game and RL, so losing after gaining some fruits of success because of afk wouldn't be so frustating.

The standard formular of problem solving under 30 min should be kept. Anything that would take longer (like no time limit) should be eliminated, so giving a not-so-strict time limit can be a good idea. I also liked the role system of the Forge. For an event idea I would choose something about more (team) management and exploring, roguelike, with simple tasks like " player A piggybacks object B to place C while player D protects him" or " place player X and Y on switches C and D to open the gate" with limited resources of light/food ( time)...but it would be similar to the standard game :/ .

• Thanks 1