Nitpick the loot system and UX

Redkryypt

I have some suggestions though I'm not sure if others have already voiced these specifically:

1. I'm currently lvl 51 and I have not yet noticed any significant diminishing returns to the leveling system. If the xp required to level up keeps getting higher and higher without stopping this would motivate people to regulate their leveling throughout multiple events so to be able to acquire an equal amount of levels per event. Someone correct me if there already is a level where the xp required no longer increases but if there is not, that would be a good idea in my eyes.

2. In the Curio Cabinet, it would be convenient if in the "Belongings" section, there was a system implemented where you can see how each wearable item looks on each character. This may not make a huge difference, but I believe it could help people decide on what to weave with their saved up spools if they have a specific character they usually play or something and they want an item that looks fitting for that specific character.

3. I personally think micro-transactions can be cancerous if not done correctly but I believe with this update you guys were a little too timid with them than you need to be. Your community absolutely loves your company as your decisions have not failed to see to the consumer first in every instance, listening and replying to our feedback. I think you could definitely include options to purchase forge chests for money and if you're worried about people paying to receive everything in one go and others getting jealous, maybe limit the amount you can purchase per week or something. You might also want to make specific pieces of each character's costume set purchasable individually because some people may already have some of them and just need one or two more to complete their set for a character. Both of these implementations do not hurt the f2p consumer and they contribute to funding Klei directly so you can keep making awesome content for us!

These are all mainly just quality of life additions but I implore you to consider them as I don't see any drawback to their implementation.

1. Next event should restart exp required but no Level, by this i mean as i am lvl 130 for next event instead of need 28k for next level make it be like if we are were level 1 again, there will be ppl over 300 or 400 but that mean they played all events a lot thats it.

2: Yes i love this, i only play 3 or 4 character time to time, BUT most of the time i only play as wicker so i would like to see the ingame look of some items before craft or buy them.

3. Mmm whats the problem with buying skins on steam market? Let the exclusive be exclusive and the market be the market, let the player test their luck

2 hours ago, Soulk said:

3. Mmm whats the problem with buying skins on steam market? Let the exclusive be exclusive and the market be the market, let the player test their luck

The event skins are currently unobtainable on the steam community market as they are not trade-able or marketable. If they were, that would create a poor market economy as the drop rates for these items are way too high to be worth anything in a consumer marketplace. To give an idea of this, the full set of any characters' gladiator set is only $2.99 and for all of them is $12.99. The only skins available within the consumer marketplace are the base skins obtainable through the rare gifts that pop up in the base game, some of which have some semi-significant worth within the community.

What I'm saying is, let people purchase individual pieces of each character's set if they already have some of them instead of paying the full $2.99 for extra pieces they already have. Also I'm saying let people purchase a sum of boxes so they may roll for more skins and also fund Klei directly. I'm not saying they should let the event specific items by marketable on the steam community market as barter on that platform prioritizes transactions between consumers and also towards valve, with only a small fraction of the profit going towards Klei. Although I am not a market analyst and thus have no way of knowing which method earns Klei more money. Now that I'm thinking about it some more I'm not entirely sure of the implications of this idea I'm proposing. All I want is for Klei to receive the funding they deserve so they can continue making quality content. They made it clear that the forge is something they are experimenting with; it's free content where they hope that the public response is sufficient enough to validate the continuation of them creating future events that are similar.

Archived