Shipwrecked Update - Home Sea Home

Jason

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Kimberly1744 said:

Thanks! How long does it usually take for the console updates? My daughter got me playing this and i can't wait to try the fish farms and stuff with the tar.

Not gonna lie, it's been taking quite a while. Klei recently posted a thread about it, so you should head there for more info:

Edited by ImDaMisterL

On 11/21/2017 at 1:39 PM, Jason said:

Home_sea_Home_forums_sm.jpg

Ahoy, traveler! Can you hear that ocean calling your name?

We're happy to announce the Home Sea Home content update has washed up on the shores of Don't Starve: Shipwrecked. Light your way with new luminescent Rainbow Jellies, befriend some mischievous Ballphin pals, or just kick your feet up in your base on the waves and enjoy that cool sea breeze.

World

• Crocodogs. Will hound you at land and sea.
  • Ballphin followers and the Ballphin Den.
  • Roe. New food item. Stocks the fish farm.
  • Cormorants. New sea bird. Source of Roe.
  • Tar Slick. Pools of crude oil bubbling on the surface of the water.
  • Tar. New resource.
  • 3 new variety of tropical fish.
  • Rainbow Jellyfish. 
  • Coral Nubbin. Replant coral after it's mined.
  • Ox will produce offspring.

New Craftables

• Buoyant Chiminea and Sea Lab . Make your base at sea.
  • Sea Yard. Keeps your ship repaired on the water.
  • Tar Extractor. Gets Tar from Tar Slick.
  • Tar Suit. Temporary protection from wetness.
  • Tar patch. A sticky situation.    
  • Oil Lamp. Quick lightsource for land and sea.    
  • Fish Farms. Grow food on the water.
  • Encrusted Boat.
  • Quackering Ram. New craftable for the Quacken Beak.
  • Sea wall. Water craftable wall. Blocks waves.
  • Tropical Bouillabaisse. New recipe with new tropical fish. 
  • Caviar. New recipe with Roe

Bug Fixes

• Support added for fullscreen mode on Windows XP.
  • Fixed a but that caused an occasional crash when loading minions.
  • Fixed a bug where crafted items would come out wet.
  • Coral reef’s grow time reloads properly now.
  • Growables can now advance multiple states when off screen instead of one maximum.
  • The player won’t pop about when planting elephant cacti now, so they can’t sometimes get stuck between them.
  • Some trawlnets shouldn’t remain forever now.
  • The surfboard won’t kick off flotsam while in the player’s inventory.
  • Fixed a freeze at the key binding screen.
  • Fix for an animation bug on plantables being picked while windy.
  • Fat Packim will revert back to regular Packim properly now.
  • Flup spawner won’t block building placement now.
  • Fixed a missing texture for Snakeskin rug turf on the minimap
  • Fixed a duplication bug when using the orange amulet.
  • Fixed Iron Wind missing animation.
  • Fixed Dumbrella color bug.
  • Fixed a rare crash with the telescope
  • Lobsters won’t burn underwater.

Hello Game Developer..........

Can we finally get the console versions updated?  Everyone knows that things take time but how about completing one update for all platforms before moving on to more fun stuff for the PC?

I think this is how a lot of us feel...............

Image result for waiting on console game update meme

On 3/14/2018 at 9:33 AM, Kimberly1744 said:

Anybody hear anything about the update? Middle of March already and nothing. I'm always hoping when i go to play that it will say "updating" or whatever but no. How long did this go on for the previous updates?

Not sure if you noticed since your comment was a week ago, but they just updated DST with Year of the Varg and they said next step for console is bringing Home Sea Home here. My guess is it's still about two months away based off their history

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Josonic said:

Not sure if you noticed since your comment was a week ago, but they just updated DST with Year of the Varg and they said next step for console is bringing Home Sea Home here. My guess is it's still about two months away based off their history

I only play the console version so i didn't notice the DST stuff but thanks for the heads up on the update on the Home Sea Home one. 

6 hours ago, Kimberly1744 said:

I only play the console version so i didn't notice the DST stuff but thanks for the heads up on the update on the Home Sea Home one. 

Yea no prob. Are you aware that DST has a console version as well? Your reply leaves me unsure

1 hour ago, Kimberly1744 said:

No, I didn't. I thought that was just a PC version thing.

Oh well I'm glad I said that then. Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together are 2 separate games. Don't Starve has 2 DLC's, Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked. Don't starve together has no DLC's, however much of the content from RoG is incorporated into it. They are similar, but if you play DS a lot and decide to give DST a shot you will immediately notice differences (beyond the obvious that one has multiplayer). They both have their pros and cons, most notably DS has a better engine, and DST has more attention given to it and regular updates. They both have their own separate game files, whether it be on Steam or PSN and they both require separate purchases.

Personally, even though I think DS (if we ignore SW) is objectively the better game, I enjoy playing DST more these days. I play it solo too just like DS

Edited by Josonic

20 hours ago, Josonic said:

Oh well I'm glad I said that then. Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together are 2 separate games. Don't Starve has 2 DLC's, Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked. Don't starve together has no DLC's, however much of the content from RoG is incorporated into it. They are similar, but if you play DS a lot and decide to give DST a shot you will immediately notice differences (beyond the obvious that one has multiplayer). They both have their pros and cons, most notably DS has a better engine, and DST has more attention given to it and regular updates. They both have their own separate game files, whether it be on Steam or PSN and they both require separate purchases.

Personally, even though I think DS (if we ignore SW) is objectively the better game, I enjoy playing DST more these days. I play it solo too just like DS

Shipwrecked is the only one I've played. I tried Don't Starve first but I did really bad at it and just never tried it again. I probably should now that I'm able to make it past day 40 lol.

I have been an avid DS player on ps4 since it was released. Purchased DS Shipwrecked and am loving it. I don't seem to be able to find a post about an expected date that the Home Sea Home update will come to PS4. 

Will this still occur?

Do we have any kind of timeline we can hope for? (summer 2018, winter 2018)?

Keep creating addicting games guys.

hello already more than six months that the maj on "shipwrecked" is output on pc, but still no news for the console players. by cons you announced the output on switch, so instead of wanting to go out on all the consoles do things well already on one