Jason

Shipwrecked Update - Home Sea Home

jbeetle    1,871

Thanks for continuing to update. I'm just getting back into it again and didn't play the beta of the most recent update at all. Loved being scared to death by the cute little crocs.

Josonic    180

I don't see any mention of the bug that would change seasons if you exit the caves or switch from RoG to SW and vice versa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ispin69    25

I saw that it forced the update which is fine but I wish the new stuff in beta would only apply to newly made worlds just like how old ROG worlds didn't have certain things (not 100% sure, only seen from some streamers). Experienced my first wave of crocodog but I had a huge toothtrap field ready. Usually I have the hound attack predictor on but it crashed when I entered the volcano so I had to turn it off. I guess the hound attack predictor might clash with the crocodog since it's a new thing.

The days on SW and ROG are still off by about 100 days. I still think they have not fixed the volcano resetting the hound attack/crocodog timer every time you exit the volcano or caves. Still experiencing crashes going through the seaworthy at times.

• Thanks 1

Miktoas    2

im not sure if im doing something wrong...

i played the shipwrecked beta. not i deactivated beta in steam. but there was new update for shipwrecked (only a 1,2 MB big update).

dies it mean.. because i had beta version installed.. i didnt need to download the full update again, but only a little part of it, like  bug fixes?

and another question: the standalone dont starve didnt update my shiüwrecked. (the klei updater from humble. im not talking about steam version).

so for klei updater (stand alone game) it will be available later? or am i bugged?

• Thanks 1

grekon    171

So is this update still in beta or is it officially out? I still have [beta] tag in my steam. From the way its written one might think its a fully released update. What is it?

Ispin69    25

Shows up: Crocodogs / Cormorants / Roe

Not Showing up: Rainbow Jellyfish / Tar Slicks

Wiki says medium to deep water, I looked more than half of the map because I have two tar extractors ready to go so I can make the sea yard but I need the tar first.

Mikon    17
10 hours ago, Ispin69 said:

Shows up: Crocodogs / Cormorants / Roe

Not Showing up: Rainbow Jellyfish / Tar Slicks

Wiki says medium to deep water, I looked more than half of the map because I have two tar extractors ready to go so I can make the sea yard but I need the tar first.

Same for me

Ispin69    25
10 hours ago, Mikon said:

Same for me

We'll have to use the quacken drill to make a tar slick then put down the tar extractor. Just more work and having to kill quackens.

Edited by Ispin69

Mikon    17
9 hours ago, Ispin69 said:

We'll have to use the quacken drill to make a tar slick then put down the tar extractor. Just more work and having to kill quackens.

So we can continue in our world. yaaaa

Loooos    2

I Still hope to create a "wooden bridge" extending into the sea, which can only be extended to shallow water

• Like 2

Ispin69    25

Anyone else experiencing Stink Rays attacking sea walls?

I had to build sea walls around my tar extractor and buoys because there were stink rays on the edge of the area and would wander in and aggro me when I pick up tar. It's worked well in keeping them out but they attack the sea walls for no reason and never de-aggro the sea walls. Started with 1 and now 2. Probably will be more. It's just weird, guess I will have to deal with it since it doesn't cause harm yet.

Edit: I also killed them in hoping it ends but when they respawn, they just continue doing it.

Edited by Ispin69

watermelen671    5,706

Ok...I'm taking Oceans in school...and this game is just a ticking time bomb waiting to happen.

Like, when are oil spills gonna happen? Will it kill off species? Will it make seagulls and cormorants go away?

I'm new to games like this so I don't know how updates work. I have the Xbox One version and I don't seem to have a lot of the new things like Tar, rainbow jellyfish and roe. Do I have to initiate the update or does it just happen on it's own?

Thanks!

ImDaMisterL    19,099
12 minutes ago, Kimberly1744 said:

I'm new to games like this so I don't know how updates work. I have the Xbox One version and I don't seem to have a lot of the new things like Tar, rainbow jellyfish and roe. Do I have to initiate the update or does it just happen on it's own?

Thanks!

This update is not yet available on consoles, sorry.

Welcome to the forums!