"The best" healer

Arcwell

Which healer would you prefer on your team?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which healer would you prefer on your team?

• Wickerbottom with Woven Garland
    • Wickerbottom with Crystal Tiara
    • Winona with Woven Garland
    • Winona with Crystal Tiara

22 minutes ago, Tukmens said:

Many of you don't count in a very important advantage - healing frequency also reduces damage taken to players, Winona with tiara can heal often enough to avoid any or most of the damage taken by last boss if other players rotate specials wisely also your heal is always ready for unpredictable moments when you need to be ready to make mobs sleep and you can always avoid any scorpion poison damage. Also Winonas health allows you to play stress free and take aggro and you will be fine even after multiple hits. + Rotating both hats is more than enough healing for even bad teams.

Winona is a perfect healer for random groups.

But Wickers superior healing is good only when your team is very good and everyone knows what they do otherwise it's risky with her.

2 seconds are not that important for me ;D

You can avoid scorpion acid if you heal smart. Don't heal when team starts to fight scorpions but heal when they shot their first poison attack and you will always avoid acid damage because you will not take it at the time when he starts to throw them out but by time when healing circle disappear you will kill first one and your timing always will be right for the next scorp who was sleeping at that time. I've never seen any other healer doing this strategy and always they get their timings wrong so they heal when there's no poison and they have cd when scorps start throwing poison. (This will only work if team focuses 1 and better if there's runner who distracts most of those scorps.)

No mobs are strong enough to make me feel concerned about aggro I take. Only time when you should avoid it is when you're not full hp and before Grand Boarior pig phase.

Timing on acid entirely depends on the team's DPS, which varies from match to match. A runner is entirely unnecessary for dealing with scorps if you have a petrify book (be it on wicker or on maxwell). A Pit Pig doesn't have to be strong to prevent you from healing your team who's dying from acid.

Wicker and  Winona, who is the best healer depends on what kind of match your team wants to play.

If you wanna get archievements such as different characters & no death, Winona is absolutely much better than Wicker. Cuz Winona have 200hp which makes her be very tough in the final boss' phase.

But if you play speed run, wanna go into 20min or even faster. Wicker is definitely better than Winona.

2 hours ago, CrazyMoeMew said:

If you wanna get archievements such as different characters & no death, Winona is absolutely much better than Wicker. Cuz Winona have 200hp which makes her be very tough in the final boss' phase.

If you're going for a no death run then Wicker seems like a better choice because she has more cc. The extra health is kinda useless when you could keep groups of enemies locked down by juggling the healing staff and petrifying tome.

15 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

If you're going for a no death run then Wicker seems like a better choice because she has more cc. The extra health is kinda useless when you could keep groups of enemies locked down by juggling the healing staff and petrifying tome.

and the fact that wicker can recover much more hp for party if they are low enougth, lets say something went wrong at phase 2, all party are really low, a heal spell would almost fully recover the whole party.

Though Wickerbottom's definitely a better healer + utility (and also optimal for speedruns), I think Winona is a much better choice for "safe" healing. I've won many more deathless games as Winona healer than I have as Wickerbottom healer due to the extra time spent asleep. Having empowered but less regular heals as Wickerbottom means that you(r team) can't really make mistakes.

1 hour ago, clri said:

Though Wickerbottom's definitely a better healer + utility (and also optimal for speedruns), I think Winona is a much better choice for "safe" healing. I've won many more deathless games as Winona healer than I have as Wickerbottom healer due to the extra time spent asleep. Having empowered but less regular heals as Wickerbottom means that you(r team) can't really make mistakes.

Dont get me wrong, at boss wickerbottom heals are much better, as anyway ranged ppl should not get damaged that much.

If you like to sleep more often with some space in between, well wickerbottom has permanent CC, i am that good that i can cast Amp Petrify that will last the whole book CC, u can actually cast amp petrify then wait for the cooldown as soon you see the cooldown is over and u can petrify again the monster are breaking the rocks at that moment so you can cast again for double petrify, now even better with a good wickerbottom, i amp petrify lets say the 5 scorps from top and left side while team kill the 2 on rigth side, when i go back to the team the first acid appears i heal (not amp) to clean acid and recover the little health the party is missing and autoattack until i charge amp spell to get the book and petrify the scorps again, with that strat i can secure that no one dies on scorps even if they eat all the acid they can from 2 scorpion.

If you are not good enougth at wicker, u can still permanent CC inside the heal, cast heal let them sleep cast petrify let them rock, cast heal when cooldown is over, rinse and repeat.

In good hands wickerbottom is the safe pick for heals.

In noob hands winona is better.

Is there currently any proof that heal does not work like channeling and dequipping the garland during heal doesn't retract the 20% buff? As far as I can tell, this speculation is based off timer statistics. Has enough consideration been given to the other side of the equation? If you are referring to the wiki, it simply talks about juggling but does not give any in depth look or working to support that there is no trade off in juggling. Anyone can edit a wiki and I'm not sure the working is sufficient.

I can see a definite benefit even if the garland doesn't apply once dequipped. However, this inquiry is about dealing with messy teams where a second of cdr may save your teams behind because they can't save their own asses.

29 minutes ago, Clit or Rice said:

Is there currently any proof that heal does not work like channeling and dequipping the garland during heal doesn't retract the 20% buff? As far as I can tell, this speculation is based off timer statistics. Has enough consideration been given to the other side of the equation? If you are referring to the wiki, it simply talks about juggling but does not give any in depth look or working to support that there is no trade off in juggling. Anyone can edit a wiki and I'm not sure the working is sufficient.

I can see a definite benefit even if the garland doesn't apply once dequipped. However, this inquiry is about dealing with messy teams where a second of cdr may save your teams behind because they can't save their own asses.

Just test it your self, cast amp with wicker change hats, cooldown will be ready in 20, and it will heal for 96 hp

4 hours ago, Clit or Rice said:

Is there currently any proof that heal does not work like channeling and dequipping the garland during heal doesn't retract the 20% buff?

The 20% healing buff is indicated by the size of the flowers. Since it only applies flower size on cast, the heal buff is only applied on cast. I can't give you any 100% undeniable proof of that, but I can tell you that I've tested both and the garland only applies on cast.

As for the cooldown, this mod will show you the exact change in cooldown when you swap to the tiara.

Did some more testing. Apparently cooldown items have no effect on dropped items, but rather only work while the weapon is equipped. That makes it a bit less useful for a wicker swapping staff and tomes (not saying it's obsolete, just saying it's not as effective as one might think).

1 hour ago, Arcwell said:

Did some more testing. Apparently cooldown items have no effect on dropped items, but rather only work while the weapon is equipped. That makes it a bit less useful for a wicker swapping staff and tomes (not saying it's obsolete, just saying it's not as effective as one might think).

Yes, you rigth there, CDR only apply on items you equipt only, but here is the thing, if the team its good, you dont really need to heal that much, you can apply CC with petrify and heals for permanent CC on monsters while your team focus only one, meanwhile you wait for both cooldown you can use tome of beckoning too, IMHO amp heals are only mandatory on Boss. (Again if the team its not brainless)

PD: Funny thing when team figth 6 scorpeons at a time and some ppl stack 2 or 3 acids (they do stack from different scorps) dealing from 60 to 120 damage (or more) xD

34 minutes ago, Soulk said:

some ppl stack 2 or 3 acids (they do stack from different scorps) dealing from 60 to 120 damage (or more) xD

The initial hit deals damage and leaves a DoT, but you won't take stacking DoT from multiple acids. Each acid refreshes the duration, so if you get hit close to the end of one it might look like they stack.

58 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

The initial hit deals damage and leaves a DoT, but you won't take stacking DoT from multiple acids. Each acid refreshes the duration, so if you get hit close to the end of one it might look like they stack.

Oh boy i feel like they stack cuz i feel that when i get 2 acids at the same time i get over 60 dmg

Gonna test it anyways.

Actually, you can kinda easily avoid acid againt a scorpeon. When they shoot it, you have to run to the other side of him and he'll miss. Once he shoots, you have a time cooldown before he shoots again. Several is trouble but one is a joke, even in melee.

13 minutes ago, orian34 said:

Actually, you can kinda easily avoid acid againt a scorpeon. When they shoot it, you have to run to the other side of him and he'll miss. Once he shoots, you have a time cooldown before he shoots again. Several is trouble but one is a joke, even in melee.

^ Have realized this over time. Acid comes every 3 hits which makes it very predictable.

Archived