Can someone tell me how to beat final boss Boarrior within under 13:00?

CrazyMoeMew

The fastest team records of finishing time on date 11.13., 11.14., 11.15. are all under 13:00. (12:07, 12:42, 12:14) And they all made by one team.

My team members and me are seriously doubting about those records. (Our best trys are all 14:xx s)

The fastest way to call out the final boss is to fight with those two Boarillas at the same time by using the fire staff and the new spear.

When the two Boarillas' HP are all under a certain level, the Boarrior will come out. But following this method is definitely not  advisable. Because there will be to many mobs on the battle area and won't be enough time and damages and heals to get through that phase.

Even taking the way introduced above, can only meet the final Boarrior at about 10:00. So plz tell me how can any team slay 2 Boarillas with 2000HP and 2 Snortoises with 2500HP and 2 Scorpeons with 3400HP and final boss with 30K HP within under 2.5min?

Let's calculate the mobs' HP and DPS we can do. Assuming that you can kill all other mobs except Boarrior by the AOE of fire staff. You need at least 9 casts of meteor. The CD of fire staff is 16s(with CDR armor). so 8*16s = 128s. And the damage in total is 3400+ per mob unit. (Olny Wickerbottom can do this). While your other team members have to do the extra 26K damage to the Boarrior within 128s.

Even if some teams can do that in a perfect way, how much time will be cost on gathering the pit pigs by which Boarrior summoned and waiting for healing two tanks while Boarrior's sleeping?

I can't find a entire solution about beating Boarrior within under 13:00. Can someone draw some ideas on this problem even in a theoretically way?

With this team you can do really good:

Woodie
Wx-78 x2
Maxwell
Wickerbottom
Webber

Make sure to kill scorpeons like this: Wx rigth click, 2nd Wx rigth click, webber rigth click

Make sure to kill first scorpeon wave with Meteor from wicker, heal cast meteor figth 1 scorpeon heal meteor rinse and repeat.

Boarillas die really easy make sure Maxwell have the fire staff just press F and wacth.

2nd boarilla place rigth on top where Croc spanw figth the boarilla while you AOE kill croc and pigs, for the 2 scorpeon and snortoise do the same, heal meteor focus 1 repeat.

For boss, if you change tanks u dont have to heal every time heal is off CD, so you do more dmg, woodie needs to trow lucy so boss range attack him not webber not maxwell so they dont lose dmg. you need to know the feeling on the 2nd phase do the Meteor 2 Anvil combo continue to kill the boss, u need to be lucky to get the bloosom helmet so both WX has healing helmet. Change 1 at a time and make sure webber and maxwell dont lose DPS using woodie to distrac boss atention.

With that time and very good coordination you get under 12 min.

PS: 2 wx cuz of shock passive on boss, webber dart and lucy trow make the last boss to be stunned a lot until u heal u avoid dmg on tanks so less heals more dmg.

***Another good choice is Widfrig instead of Webber, but webber dps is better if he is able to stand still and keep F down. while with widfrig you need to be near maxwell and tanks to buff them and use the spear for higher dps.

Are you familiar with animation interrupting?

As a ranged user, by switching between two targets really quick, with your mouse, you'll interrupt the animation being played and shoot twice the amount. Effectively doubling your damage. As a staff user you can animation interrupt by clicking at your characters feet so you walk just slightly enough to interrupt the animation, and thus double your output on a single target. Both methods have the risk of moving into enemies, so you'll need to get it down perfectly.

I assume this is how these times were achieved.

13 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

As a ranged user, by switching between two targets really quick, with your mouse, you'll interrupt the animation being played and shoot twice the amount. Effectively doubling your damage. As a staff user you can animation interrupt by clicking at your characters feet so you walk just slightly enough to interrupt the animation, and thus double your output on a single target. Both methods have the risk of moving into enemies, so you'll need to get it down perfectly.

that is also valid.

also the point of stunning the boss so party focus on dmg rather than healing. (delaying the heal)

57 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Yeah, you will need to have your team learn how to multishot to get times that low.

Frame perfect timings will net you a bit over 4 attacks per second with darts.

Maximum dps output will require at least 3 monsters to fight at once at all times.

7 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Of course, we knew that tricks. And our team also manipulated this well in gaming. It just like Warcraft3, you can interrupt a unit's cast backswing.

5 hours ago, eXiGe said:

if woodie and (woodie == "T Shaw Killer") then return game end

LOL. You are funny dude. XD

The Lua script which checks the conditions of game ending is running on the server-side so that we cannot override it.

All I want to know is that how long will be taken while your team reaching the final boss Boarrior and with all other mobs are cleared?

Here is a approximate time line of our team's records:

3:10-3:20  Snortoise wave spawns.

5:10-5:20  Scorpeon wave spawns.

7:10-7:20  Two Snortoises and two Scorpeons (with one Boarilla attachs soon after) wave spawns.

9:00-9:15  Two Boarillas wave spawns.

About 11:20  Final boss comes out and the last Boarilla died.

And our best shot to take down Boarrior will cost us at least 2:30...

So we're all with great curiosity that how comes the record 12:07 was been made. And we will appreciate that you could give us some hints or tricks about that technic, especially about the phase of final boss. :) 

31 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

I don't think the fastest team is willing to share their tactics

Maybe they won't~ QvQ

Anyway, there is huge differences between 14:xx and 12:xx....

At first, we thought they left some mobs behind and ignored them so that they could take down the final boss directly. But we took a test the day before yesterday, left a Snortoise after the Boarrior.

Guess what. The game won't end. You have to kill all the mobs...

So there can only be one reasonable explaination. Their team is too more efficient, just like a mob killing machine. LOL

12 minutes ago, Jurgens said:

can u explain the woodie tactic to taunt the boss so the boss focus the ranged attack on him, do i need a certain space in between or just cancel certain animation with lucy?

To interrupt target‘s certain animation frames can interrupt the whole attack coming after. You must hit them neither too early nor too late by Lucy.

To interrupt Boarilla with Lucy is much easier than Boarrior. So you may practice on one Boarilla first. The difficulty of interrupting final boss comes from other team members' special attacks. When your team members' special attacks hit the Boarrior, you need to recalculate the attack time in order to hit it on the occasional animation frames.

Just now, CrazyMoeMew said:

To interrupt target‘s certain animation frames can interrupt the whole attack coming after. You must hit them neither too early nor too late by Lucy.

To interrupt Boarilla with Lucy is much easier than Boarrior. So you may practice on one Boarilla first. The difficulty of interrupting final boss comes from other team members' special attacks. When your team members' special attacks hit the Boarrior, you need to recalculate the attack time in order to hit it on the occasional animation frames.

I get the part, the thing is that i play 250+ pin, so its very hard to anticipate.

Just now, Jurgens said:

I get the part, the thing is that i play 250+ pin, so its very hard to anticipate.

Network delay is the main problemo of all problems to do that. If you lag you can't even dodge pigs' attacks.

The best effect of Lucy's interruption is that when you solo a Boarilla, you don't even need to run away. Kiting is absolutely unnecessary. All you need to do is just counter back its attack while it raise its arm up. LOL

12 minutes ago, CrazyMoeMew said:

Network delay is the main problemo of all problems to do that. If you lag you can't even dodge pigs' attacks.

The best effect of Lucy's interruption is that when you solo a Boarilla, you don't even need to run away. Kiting is absolutely unnecessary. All you need to do is just counter back its attack while it raise its arm up. LOL

yes i see my problem is delay, thanks.

19 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

This is the Forge WR btw
image.png

those guys have to upload a video at least when event its over ;)

@JohnWatson Nice job creeping our profiles and blowing your load early. We have been sitting on that time since Thursday night, way to kill all the anticipation of the yesterday's fastest.

As for the dart spam thing, Bill is the only one who can do it consistently so far. We did a few runs last night without using it and ended up with a 12:25, or else we would have if not for itty bitty ******* spiders.

https://giant.gfycat.com/GrippingWastefulBorer.webm

22 minutes ago, eXiGe said:

Here's a teaser video for ya's, release day sub 14. 

Thanks for sharing! I'm now very curious if the things that I can notice that could be improved on, are the very things (and more) that you have done in the 12minute record

What was most impressive to see is that people were still having fun and no one was lashing out on another for typing lol. Y'all are well deserved record holders 

Archived