Repeatable achievements / More challenge run achievements

JohnWatson

After level 100+, it takes 4-5 matches to gain a single level, even with xp bonuses such as victory, playing with friends, no deaths, etc because the xp you received is so minuscule. Achievements let you gain a lot of levels, but after you get all 42/42 achievements, you're forced to level up very slowly.

It would be nice if the victory bonus was increased from just 1000 xp to something higher. The 800 xp deathless bonus should also be increased.

I'd really like it if we could repeat achievements or got more achievements to complete. Like more challenge run achievements such as all Winona, all Wes, all random, etc just to mix things up.

2 minutes ago, orian34 said:

Or maybe you're power grinding too much?

I'm trying to get most of the skins, but due to my luck, almost all of my loot were merely profile icons. Takes around 80-100 minutes of playing Forge to gain a chest just to get 3 more profile icons and one profile background that I'll never use. There's a good community of people who like to reach very high levels right now anyway, so I don't see why adding more achievements and rewards would hurt.

Just now, orian34 said:

If they were easily attainable by grinding, I think it would defeat the purpose of the exclusiveness of them. But I agree there could be maybe some kind of unique skins or items to get by doing great feats(instead of just xp).

My point was that I hate that my only choice right now is to grind now that I've unlocked all of the achievements. That's why I'm suggesting more achievements and better rewards for victories/deathless, so I can level up in more interesting ways instead of having to grind for match time.

I agree, having a system where once you complete all 42 achievements, they refresh and change up a bit would probably be very nice for those who've invested a lot of time and energy into the event. It'd definitely offer a lot more replay value with more than 3 weeks left to this event, especially beta players.

It might be a little broken, but possible incentives for further replay value and to help ease the grinding process could be to reward for completing all the achievements each time with one or a few gifts, or even give more than one gift per level past lv 100 for the time invested. The idea of exclusive skins or whatnot unlocked by them seems really smart too.

The obvious intention is for players to either sink in potentially a hundred or more hours into this event just to have a random chance of getting every item or enough good drops to collect the thread to weave every item.

Or.

Buy multiple skin packs you can deconstruct for the thread to weave every item.

It's unlikely they'll make it easier since this system chokes players into paying them if they want to actually get all the items without an absurd amount of playtime. Which is the entire reason to add in the option for players to pay to get ahead in the first place, by making it difficult to get ahead without it.

1 hour ago, orian34 said:

And you can already get a pretty decent variety of items just doing the quests. Which is not always the case of this system.

That is exactly what developers do in this system, they allow you to get enough that you feel like you were given a fair amount but not enough that you will be actually satisfied. So you'll pay them thinking you're the one who is going the extra mile to get extra rewards; instead of they are the ones ransoming rewards out of you. You paid for the game, now pay extra to get content in the game sooner.

I opened around eighty chests and got six out of twenty four elegants. Over twenty hours of the exact same twenty minute wave survival mini game, for a quarter of the rewards. Was it not obvious enough with the introduction of loot boxes at all that this event was going to be corrupt.

54 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Was it not obvious enough with the introduction of loot boxes at all that this event was going to be corrupt.

You're right. They should have just kept it as only 4 gifts a week with only one roll each and no optional way to get additional chests. That way it's nearly impossible to get any skin you want from normal gameplay.

Yeah, loot boxes have gotten a bad rep lately, but not all implementations are bad. This is still a step up from the current skin system. Besides, it's all just cosmetics anyway. It's not like the skins actually have an effect on gameplay.

I think the Exp Tables at high levels ,like 75+ or 90,  should should stop increasing to help make levels/chests more reasonably obtainable.
There aren't many ways to increases the amount of EXP you earn per run , aside from playing with a friend 900~ exp .
I think that shows a good amount of dedication from doing the same battle over and over to reach that point.

Maybe also consider supporting the devs by buying the set if you can c:

On 11/14/2017 at 3:40 PM, Sinister_Fang said:

You're right. They should have just kept it as only 4 gifts a week with only one roll each and no optional way to get additional chests. That way it's nearly impossible to get any skin you want from normal gameplay.

Yeah. They're magnanimous for making the content accessible. Fantastic delusion.

Over-saturating the event with elegant skins which have an extreme rarity and making it so that you can only get them by dice rolling, which diminishes the higher level you get so eventually it takes over an hour just to get one chest. Or you can pay them. Which is the whole point, buying skins to unravel off the market costs more then buying their skin pack, and you can't grind perpetually for them because the experience scale eventually makes it take over an hour per chest. So the most sane option is to just pay them directly for a pack of skins you can unravel so you can actually get what you want as you likely will not get them before the experience scale reaches its obnoxious zone.

Lootboxes have a bad reputation because they are a corrupt cash sucking tactic. You randomize the loot so that players have only a tiny chance of getting anything good, and then vary the loot so that even when they get that good thing it may not be what they want. So the actual chances of players receiving rewards they like are extremely extremely low, which forces them to keep grinding or pay, yet the player still feels like its fair because there is no graph actually revealing to them that it will take tens upon tens of hours of grinding to get anything good. Players thus continue under the illusion that every time they open a loot box the chance of getting what they want is more then one percent. This is why developers are not using currency systems much anymore, because with currency systems players know how long it will take to get things and so they know when the time requirement is too high which is what developers want it to be. Which is exactly what happened with For Honor, they made a currency system; players realized how overpriced it was, and the players got upset. They don't get upset over loot boxes, because it's random, so they falsely believe they have a better chance even though it's roughly the same.

But honestly at this point it's a waste of time, this community is no poisonously obsessed with getting on their knees for Klei at every interval, it's virtually impossible to discuss or even attempt to preach any semblance of critical reality. Any negativity on Klei expressed at any single point is almost unanimously shunned by an array of narrow minded fools and chumps.

I feel like you're "salty" because you grinded a lot and didn't get good items. But that might just be me...

I just have one question : You do realize that it's vanity items(thus have no relevance at all for the game), right? Don't blame others for being obsessive with wanting to get them.

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

But honestly at this point it's a waste of time, this community is no poisonously obsessed with getting on their knees for Klei at every interval, it's virtually impossible to discuss or even attempt to preach any semblance of critical reality. Any negativity on Klei expressed at any single point is almost unanimously shunned by an array of narrow minded fools and chumps.

And this is why it's almost impossible talking to you. If anyone disagrees with you at all, you have an escape route ready to go so when they disagree with you, you're still "right". Besides, if you dislike Klei and it's community so much... why are you even here still?

that literally what i said this morning you just have no life xD i didnt finish achivement and not planing/trying to finish it

just stop being tryharding/slow down ur already high level
my advice is to start playing normal dst for skins ( if u want the xp to get more )
if u finish the 4 presents and u cant find someone decent to play and win with
Just Play The Game.

you Don't just play the game for skins / presents and gifts
if u accually play the game to get skins and collect **** then honesly u should stop

But it's just my opinon do what u think is good for you.

1 hour ago, Dont Panic said:

that literally what i said this morning you just have no life xD i didnt finish achivement and not planing/trying to finish it

just stop being tryharding/slow down ur already high level
my advice is to start playing normal dst for skins ( if u want the xp to get more )
if u finish the 4 presents and u cant find someone decent to play and win with
Just Play The Game.

you Don't just play the game for skins / presents and gifts
if u accually play the game to get skins and collect **** then honesly u should stop

But it's just my opinon do what u think is good for you.

I think you're too busy judging the OP and missing their point entirely. It's not about bragging, it's about how painfully slow it gets to level up once you reach a high level. And seeing as how the forge is only around for a limited amount of time, and the only thing kept when it ends are skins... yes, the forge is about grinding for skins.

Archived