The Forge is Now Live on Steam!

JoeW

On 11/11/2017 at 10:02 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Hoo boy.  Can I tell you about that.  Last night, I actually made a Forge-Friend, we played several rounds in a row, did pretty well, I went up a few levels, it was cool. We had a good time!  I got good scores, I was useful, people _said_ I was useful.

Today, my Forge Steam-friend invited me again and I said yes, and like THE FREAKING _SECOND_ I GOT THERE one of the players started calling me a "noob" and going "Can we switch to Wilson for healer?"  Subtle insult there, guy!  "Can we have this other person do this" of COURSE means "because the person who's doing it now sucks."

I kept trying and trying and trying over and over again to heal BEFORE the insults started, but on the very.  last.  FRAME of the animation I kept getting hit!  And anybody who's ever tried to do any kind of spell in Don't Starve?  You KNOW how commmon this is, and how often it happens.  You KNOW how frustratingly hard it is to _actually finish something_ when the arena's crowded.  Then two OTHER people started yelling at me too.  Finally I went "F this" and left.  I was there to _have fun_.  Ain't nobody got time for random abuse.

And from now on I am only EVER playing the Forge with friends, 'cos this is exactly the kind of thing (all-combat, all the time) that brings out the jerk kinds of players.  There also needs to be some quick and easy way to distinguish the TONE of a server.  I mean, "LVL 15+ ONLY!!!" in your title/description is a start (a snobby and "Ooh, you're not GOOD enough for us, filthy casual, go away!" kind of one, but a start) but when you match HARDCORE MLG GGGRRRRR MUST WIN OR DEATH people with "I thought I'd try this out and join in a cooperative thing for fun" people, it's...not a good mesh.  (Part of the problem is Quick Match, but this wasn't one of those, with me.  I was specifically invited.)

All of this is to say...player personalities do make SUCH a difference.  One was fun and lasted almost three hours. The other was awful and lasted maybe two minutes.  Since the content is about the same each time, the PEOPLE make the biggest variable.

I wonder..should we do a "How To Be Courteous To Other Gladiators" thread, or is the Forge too short-lived for that to be useful?  Hmmm...

EDIT:  And just now, I found out that the original guy who friended me last night...has unfriended me!  No longer shows up on the list.  So, my nice happy story at the beginning of this post...is no longer happy.  He was THERE when the others were treating me like dirt and chose to dump ME instead, because GRRRR GAME IS EVERYTHING.  Well, I guess we now know where _your_ loyalties lie, jerkface.  Nowhere.

...I'm starting to think I just shouldn't play the Forge anymore.  It's REQUIRED to be played with people and...too many people are jerks.  :(

...Notorious

I found it the hard way in the beta that once someone starts to insult you, they will keep doing it. Worst yet, others will join. I understand that it is a stressful game, but if someone insults me (I play with randoms mostly), I will leave, because I will not stand for that ****.

Another thing I learned is that in these forums, a lot of people don't give a **** about others. And the worst part is that they get "likes" for being ********.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WalterHartwellWhite said:

Can we sell the skins of The forge on the market place after it ends on the 30th of november ?

No. Please, read descriptions carefully. This question was asked a lot of times already, even though everything is written in-game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i actually seek out servers with the ' x level required' becausei find those teams actually coordinate and work together, rather than argue or steal items they don't need xD i've yet to find a nasty group, i'm glad for that

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, it's good idea. I like how you can set up a password and reveal it in server's name/description so it's known to everyone but you won't get any "quick match" users. This way people have to see server name and will think a little.

On 12/11/2017 at 5:02 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

<big fat wall of text>

Yes, I have experienced this before, but some people will be nice, and some people won't, this is the world man, the world (not trying to be negative, please don't hurt me)

By the way, who else thinks Pugna should get off his meat stash and fight us.  the lazy arse

Edited by DatShadowJK
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Master Wolf said:

Hey @Maslak, do you know if we will be able to use the trade forge skins at the trade inn with the beefalo guy after Forge is over? I am assuming probably not.

I think I remember something about them not being usable at Trade Inn, but that might be just me remembering things that didn't occur, because I can't find any evidence.

So yep, that's a good question!

• Like 1

I sometimes do random emotes (mainly the chicken dance--you know how some professional wrestlers have their own signature poses they do when entering the ring?  Yeah like that only stupider) when we first appear in the arena, before the actual fighting.  The key words there being BEFORE THE FIGHTING.  Randomly sit down in the middle of a match...?  Not quite my style. : P

...Notorious

• Like 2

7 hours ago, orian34 said:

Oh really? Care to say what?

A possible sexual innuendo about rough sex?. Although I never attributed anything sexual to Klei's games and or characters, so his comment has be stumped.

Edited by Master Wolf

On 11/11/2017 at 8:27 AM, nome said:

No, the spool persists normally. Take a look over your inventory again, if you still think it's wrong send us your steamid and a complete list of the spool transactions you think you did (what you sold and what you bought) and we'll take a look (might be delayed, we've got a lot going on right now. :)  )

Will we still be able to buy items with spools once the forge is finished?

I do not know much English, but I think you will understand me.

I really liked the event the Forge. Here I had a fun time, met a lot of good people. This event was a good opportunity to make new friends. In my view, the event was very successful, thank you very much and good luck in creating new events!

• Like 5