JoeW

The Forge is Now Live on Steam!

CaptainChaotica    4,439

I keep getting disconnected!  Like, every time I'm in the middle of outfitting my character, BAM.  I don't think it's the other players going "EEEEWW A LOW-LEVEL" or "EEEEWWW THAT CHARACTER YOU PICKED", 'cos it happens after pretty much the same amount of time being on the Forge, every.  single.  time.  Once the other players even gave me a friendly hello!  And then YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED.

Oh, and:  I was fine during the beta.  It's only now during the live event I keep disconnecting.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1

Coldman    21
19 hours ago, Jynn said:

most of what i got out of my 19 chests was duplicates i unraveled (i bought the full set for everyone)

but i did get the Infernal Fire Staff! 

20171109110603_1.jpg

i have it too ;3

minespatch    63,918
4 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

IOh, and:  I was fine during the beta.  It's only now during the live event I keep disconnecting.

This. I'm having this problem.

• Like 1

Karmattack    773

Is it nagging to ask what the holdup is on the beta background?

People datamined what it is already, unless it's being changed in some way it seems like it should be a simple matter of turning it on.

minespatch    63,918
2 minutes ago, PeterA said:

a bit preoccupied putting out server fires

That probably explains the lag in my gameplay.

• Like 2

Karmattack    773
27 minutes ago, PeterA said:

It will take a bit of time for us to get the complete beta users list brought over and the items granted into the production database. The people involved in doing that are a bit preoccupied putting out server fires at the moment. Thanks for your patience. It's coming!

https://media.giphy.com/media/dbtDDSvWErdf2/giphy.gif

Apologies for the impatience, I collect loyal rarity items so the prospect of a new one is just exciting. >·<

Jynn    608
1 hour ago, PeterA said:

It will take a bit of time for us to get the complete beta users list brought over and the items granted into the production database. The people involved in doing that are a bit preoccupied putting out server fires at the moment. Thanks for your patience. It's coming!

https://media.giphy.com/media/dbtDDSvWErdf2/giphy.gif

awesome!

PeterA    4,749
1 hour ago, Karmattack said:

Apologies for the impatience, I collect loyal rarity items so the prospect of a new one is just exciting

No worries, we're glad to see the excitement! :)

• Thanks 1

CaptainChaotica    4,439

Another dumb question--last night, I unravelled a few things and had around 450 spools or so. Today, I unravel a couple things and have--TOTAL--125.

Are you supposed to unravel _and make things_ in the same session or else you lose the spools?!  If this was said when the spool mechanic was first introduced, I guess I didn't read that thread really carefully and am now not sure where it is.  I gotta wonder if  my missing spools are some kind of bug, since, yaknow, saving up for the bigger things is totally what everyone's gonna do...

...Notorious

• Like 1

nome    4,466
31 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Are you supposed to unravel _and make things_ in the same session or else you lose the spools?

No, the spool persists normally. Take a look over your inventory again, if you still think it's wrong send us your steamid and a complete list of the spool transactions you think you did (what you sold and what you bought) and we'll take a look (might be delayed, we've got a lot going on right now. :)  )

• Thanks 1

minespatch    63,918
54 minutes ago, nome said:

we've got a lot going on right now

Wow, I wonder what could be going on your end. IT might not be winter feast but it sounds important. PeterA mentioned about server fires. Take care you guys, I hope things are alright on your end.

nome    4,466
10 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Wow, I wonder what could be going on your end. IT might not be winter feast but it sounds important. PeterA mentioned about server fires. Take care you guys, I hope things are alright on your end.

We'll be OK, we just don't like it when users have a bad play experience. Got a few more bugs to resolve.

• Thanks 1

CaptainChaotica    4,439

Well, it's already greatly improved, as I can log on and play without sudden disconnection just fine now.  I think by now all together I should have something like 675 spools (which is not much, but it'll add up), but I'm not entirely sure.  For now, I'm not unravelling anything else, just in case.  (shrug)

...Notorious

• Like 2

DelroyBM    971
39 minutes ago, Atkvin said:

Screenshot_2017-11-10-18-41-09.thumb.png.78268f6a0a9c8334e588dfa0f90e2f08.png

I'd love a gif of Wilson falling to the ground, it looks so painfull and funny to watch.

Ty btw.

• Haha 1

Szczuku    9,713

I really enjoy the event.
If only my teammates would enjoy watching some tutorials on how to play....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

minespatch    63,918
5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

.If only my teammates would enjoy watching some tutorials on how to play....

It's called teamwork and communication. Sometimes tutorials can't help when Ego gets between the six players.:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 1

CaptainChaotica    4,439

Yeah, I know.  I met most of my Steam friends on Don't Starve Together--it just wasn't this PART of it.  Since you're required to have 6 people (unless you're really good or really foolish) + combat time-sensitive thing, it both (a) increases the number of people you're guaranteed to run into per match and (b) being combat, skews the player-type ratio.

(And because of its very nature, it's SO stressful! Everything has to be exactly timed and if you mess up everybody knows it was you, and you're letting the team down and being The Weak Link, and once people actually start yelling at you you're likely to mess up MORE.  Guys.  Guys.  Yelling "HEAL YOU IDIOT!" _doesn't speed anybody up_...)

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1