The Forge is Now Live on Steam!

JoeW

7 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Have you tried restarting Steam and/or your PC? I've heard this helps

Ok, I restarted Steam twice and restarted my Mac…I wouldn't want to assume it's the Mac but if that's the case, is there a way for me to just download the update and import it into my DST files..? Sorry if this is causing you guy's trouble, I was just hoping to play the update today with friends and this issue has been messing with me since then. :/

• Developer
8 minutes ago, Chaotic_Riddle said:

Ok, I restarted Steam twice and restarted my Mac…I wouldn't want to assume it's the Mac but if that's the case, is there a way for me to just download the update and import it into my DST files..? Sorry if this is causing you guy's trouble, I was just hoping to play the update today with friends and this issue has been messing with me since then. :/

I'm sorry, but I'm stumped now. I hope a dev is able to help you. Whenever this happened to my friends, all they could do was restart their stuff and wait for it to work again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaotic_Riddle said:

Yes, hello, I have a complaint..? Or more like an issue of some sorts, I'm currently trying to play The Forge and it seems like a'lot of other people can but theres still some, like myself, who can't seem to get in it..? The game never updated or gave me notifications of it needing to update, and now I'm struggling to figure it out. Is it due to the fact I am playing on a Mac..? I log in to see that there's no new Forge update screen and it opens up only to the Halloween event, but other than that, I can't seem to find any properties or files that could lead me to playing the update. It worked in Beta but now it seems like it isn't there at all for me and a few other people. Is there something I need to download..? 

We're not aware of any issue that would be causing this for you. Mac should work just fine. 

Can you try verifying the integrity of your game files? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

• Developer
5 minutes ago, CageNightwind said:

So I'm a guy who enjoys his workshop content along with the vanilla characters... Can the forge/prizes be accessed on workshop characters or will it only appear/drop for vanilla characters? I'm yet to attempt launching it. Waiting for my surviving buddy.

The clothing and items will be usable on the modded characters in the default game modes, but the character specific base options (heads) will only be usable on those specific characters.

4 minutes ago, PeterA said:

The clothing and items will be usable on the modded characters in the default game modes, but the character specific base options (heads) will only be usable on those specific characters.

And the character specific bits will still drop even if not playing said character?

Thanks for answering. :3

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

We're not aware of any issue that would be causing this for you. Mac should work just fine. 

Can you try verifying the integrity of your game files? https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

THANK YOU!! I have no idea how this happened, I guess Steam was just being Steam, this happened to some other people from what I could tell on normal servers when talking to them, one can only hope this helps them out though, thank you so much again! I love this update so much!! :D

• Like 1

I have a simple question that wasn't clarified yet: What about the new main menu layout?  Will it be the new menu style , or just for the new event? 

i really enjoy the practice, clarity and management of the new main menu, this was easily the best point of the whole event. I understand that most customizations will be only for the forge (and others) event, but no one talks about the new menu style and what will hapens to it at the end of the forge event. Same for Loading backgrounds that fits well the game.

• Like 1

Hey, new to this forum but.. Quick question.

I saw a few hours ago you updated, my friends and I updated hoping this would fix the server lag issues, but instead now we think we are region locked.

I'm from the SouthWest and my friend is in the EastSouth. We both don't see any of the same servers nor do we see each others on friends only. 

I'm also having an issue with only getting 5-9 servers out of 500. Help? 

Are we temporarily region locked until dedicated servers are fixed? 

15103005672912018779852.jpg

I think I like the beta better because this release of The Forge has more stability issues than I remember. I got lost connections in the lobby and before receiving exp. And the music and sound effects cut out when returning to the main menu if this happens. Overall not an exciting experience, I appreciate The Forge because I work in shifts and I do not fully experience the Survival with others.:( Well I have SW and RoG ;)

7 hours ago, Matsuji said:

Will Forge skins be sellable on steam market after the end of the event? or i can relax and unravel all my doubles? :D 

It literally says that they can't be traded/sold...
People keep asking the same questions :I

1 hour ago, Maslak said:

It literally says that they can't be traded/sold...
People keep asking the same questions :I

I play Killing Floor 2 and after the event ends the skin got from it becomes sellable on steam market , so i just wanted to know if it works like that here too, cause having 2 elegant skin of the same item and not knowing if they'll become sellable or not, puts me in a spot where i donno if unravel them or not XD