Notification 'Right-Click' Attack

AretMaw

This is only a really small detail but I feel like there should be a small notification sound when the 'right-click' attack of an item is ready. (Only held items though)

Sometimes we have healers who are new to the game and then forget to right-click to heal so I feel like this would be a helpful feature.

Heck, even I forget sometimes.

We already have a cooldown clock on the item in our inventory, but I think either adding sounds that 'skills' are ready would actually be nice. Or at the very least a visual cue that the skill is ready so other players can actually see if their team member's skills are ready or not.

For example:

• Add glow or tiny sparkles (akin to Wickerbottom's perk but even smaller) when a skill is ready. Items on the floor would not show this glow or sparkle. (Since every time we pick up items, the cool down quickly restarts itself which to me means a dropped item is in an off state but still running its own cooldown.)

3 minutes ago, KCDA said:

Unless you're Woodie. That'd get annoying quick with how short that cooldown is.

Oh yeah, forgot about Woodie's very very low cool down. I think the best choice would be just adding glow to weapons that are ready.

17 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Oh yeah, forgot about Woodie's very very low cool down. I think the best choice would be just adding glow to weapons that are ready.

Actually now that I think about it, that would apply to any class that swaps weapons frequently as well. Since there's a mini-cooldown for recently equipped weapons with a full charge. Maybe instead of a sound or the weapon itself glowing (which could get annoying in it's own right,) the inventory spot could give off some kind of animation on the HUD. Some kind of "pop" animation or overlay. 

Here's a 20 second doodle of the idea. Just to make it a little more noticeable by the user. Idk, some kind of Beta Flash animation... Wow I spent more time and effort looking up the terminology than I did the drawing... Oh well, this is already a fairly small nitpick anyway.

Crappy example animation I made with MS Paint.png

Archived