The Forge Beta - Items and participation.

JoeW

@JoeW When you buy the skins, will you be able to keep them once the event is over?

I think I remember reading that the Forge ends in three weeks once it's released, and I just wanted to make sure that the skins would stay with us?

(Do we get to keep the free skins that we obtain, as well? Or will those leave along with the event?)

(((I'm really sorry if these are dumb questions!)))

2 hours ago, Imagionary said:

@JoeW When you buy the skins, will you be able to keep them once the event is over?

I think I remember reading that the Forge ends in three weeks once it's released, and I just wanted to make sure that the skins would stay with us?

(Do we get to keep the free skins that we obtain, as well? Or will those leave along with the event?)

(((I'm really sorry if these are dumb questions!)))

You will keep any skins you earn while the event is live, yes. Both free and purchased! (skins earned in the beta will however go away as im sure you know ^^)

..Except the Challenger skins, the free basic skins you get for all characters right away. They can only be used during the event, after that they're gone.

Edited by Ashkain
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JoeW said:

Just to avoid any confusion here. The $12.99 collection includes all the character skin unlocks. It does not include item skins, portrait background, emotes or emoticons. Although you do get the fistshake emote for owning a complete Forge character skin. 

Oh...thanks for clarifying. The wording of the announcement made it sounds like we would get the entire collection for $12.99. (Every item is marked as "event" so I thought everything was part of the purchasable collection.) So to clarify if I purchased the Wendy character set would I receive her Gladiator head Elegant and her Gladiator outfit (Usurper's drapery, Usurper's handwraps and Usurper's sandles.) or would I only receive her Gladiator head?

Secondly will other skins (Item skins, portrait backgrounds, emotes and emoticons) be purchasable directly from Klei or will we have to obtain these items from drops/crafting?

• Developer
1 hour ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

So to clarify if I purchased the Wendy character set would I receive her Gladiator head Elegant and her Gladiator outfit (Usurper's drapery, Usurper's handwraps and Usurper's sandles.) or would I only receive her Gladiator head?

The former, you'll get the entire Wendy "set".

1 hour ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

Secondly will other skins (Item skins, portrait backgrounds, emotes and emoticons) be purchasable directly from Klei or will we have to obtain these items from drops/crafting?

Those will only be obtainable through drops and crafting.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RancorSnp said:

It's really not a very interesting reward, maybe we can at least make chicken dance as the special reward? Will be same quality of reward but at least feels better ;p

Ahh the chicken dance, the most historically known dance performed only by the mightiest of warriors.

If the chicken dance were to be a skin-exclusive emote I'd want it to be part of a chicken suit set.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, JoeW said:

Just to avoid any confusion here. The $12.99 collection includes all the character skin unlocks. It does not include item skins, portrait background, emotes or emoticons. Although you do get the fistshake emote for owning a complete Forge character skin. 

Hold on you will only get fistshake emote not dance and other emotes we unlocked?

Edited by Wealthy King
Needed to fix my comment :c

25 minutes ago, Wealthy King said:

Hold on you will only get fistshake emote not dance and other emotes we unlocked?

i believe what they're saying is that:

- you can buy the gladiator skins for all characters for $12.99. This does not include viginettes, Portraits, or emoticons, or dances

- Owning a complete forge set gives you Fistshake Emote

so no, the other dances have to be unboxed from chests, or presumably woven from spools, like the other non-purchasable cosmetics or features of the event

if you'ere asking about dances and emotes transferring from beta to live, then no. Everything we get in beta isn't staying 

Edited by Jynn
  • Like 2

I was expecting a skin or something for participating in beta, but honestly jaw dropped when read "1 Forge chest per level" :o

Wish I had more time in week days and over the weekend to get more but I'll be happy with the 16-17 i got, don't want to be greedy. :)

Thanks a lot guys, that's one hell of a surprise! The servers handled the event quite nicely, the only downside has to be the huge mass of Russian players on Europe servers (nothing against them, is just majority don't know English or I don't know Russian) that made fighting in a co-op arena a notch difficult if not impossible at times and people that decided to troll instead of actually playing.

Overall, I liked the beta event and look forward for official stable one to get those emotes! Come to Papa! xD

Edited by cezarica
Damn typos. :S
  • Like 11

• Developer
6 hours ago, cezarica said:

I was expecting a skin or something for participating in beta, but honestly jaw dropped when read "1 Forge chest per level" :o

We're getting an exclusive skin too, y'know?

Well, a profile background, but it counts as a skin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So, how are the pre-forge skins going to come in? as in, the new Forge skins appear to use a different skins system, such as my Snowy Glom glom from regular DST is in my Steam Inventory, although, It doesn't appear in the Forge skin library, as such vice-versa. Furthermore I've noticed the skin library from the Forge Beta is only forge skins. Can't use Traffic Torch, Mini-monument, etc. also What if I got a skin in the beta that's a duplicate of one I got in the regular game?

It's because skins are separate for now because you will not keep your beta item in the regular branch, and you don't have access to your regular branch item in the beta branch.

If you got a duplicate in beta, it will disappears at the end of the beta. Same if it's not a duplicate, anyway. Your item in regular branche will be intouched.

26 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

I was kinda hoping the special beta item would be a forge reskin of the scaled furnace. I am kinda surprised we didn't get a reskin of the scaled furnace as it would make a lot of sense with this events theme.

It is a good idea, a scaled furnace fits thematically the Forge.

• Like 3

hmm interesting, If you create a (regular) game in the forge beta and stash all your skins there such as a lifetime supply of End is Nigh Gilded edition, it might stay there when forge is 100% released, evading the "losing skins" from the beta. Don't open the world up if you've downgraded because it results in a crash.

4 minutes ago, ThemInspectors said:

hmm interesting, If you create a (regular) game in the forge beta and stash all your skins there such as a lifetime supply of End is Nigh Gilded edition, it might stay there when forge is 100% released, evading the "losing skins" from the beta. Don't open the world up if you've downgraded because it results in a crash.

Normal games from beta branches don't carry over, do they? 

And even if they did you'd only have the skin until the item broke, not using the item just to see the skin is kinda pointless. 

5 hours ago, Karmattack said:

Normal games from beta branches don't carry over, do they? 

The games will be on the beta folder, you could probably copy this folder in the classic branch, but i don't see the point. I mean, it's like if you make someone come only to craft you skin and left your server, it's not fun, and will not last, and if it's just to keep some skins it seems pretty pointless.