The Forge Beta - Items and participation.

JoeW

Hey everybody, 

First, a big thanks to everybody who has participated in the beta so far. Quite frankly, the response has been amazing and we’re thrilled that so many of you have been having a great time and sending us helpful feedback, suggestions and ideas. 

As noted previously "We will be providing items to players in the beta once The Forge goes live depending on how long you spent playing the beta". While we are still fine tuning the WXP system, the encounters and the rate of progression for the launch version of The Forge, we are satisfied that The Forge is pretty close to where we want it to be and we can announce what we will be doing for beta players. 

When The Forge officially launches we will be providing beta testers 1 Forge chest per level that they obtained during the beta period and will keep the level earned during The Forge Beta. In addition, all beta players will also receive a special portrait background only available to beta participants.

The Forge Beta closes Monday (Pacific Time), so you have a couple more days to earn those chests before we launch in November. 

Once again, thanks for all the great feedback. Have fun out there!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 19

Awesome! Thanks for the info and for giving us this opportunity, it's been one of the most solid betas I've ever participated in, and since we're keeping our levels, feels more like a head start then a beta :D Thanks to everyone at Klei for making one banging' update and I can't wait for its official release.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, JoeW said:

When The Forge officially launches we will be providing beta testers 1 Forge chest per level that they obtained during the beta period and will keep the level earned during The Forge Beta. In addition, all beta players will also receive a special portrait background only available to beta participants.

Woah what. Woah what.

I went into this expecting little to nothing, and you're giving that much back? That's awesome!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hey! As long a this means future events like this one, I'm for more brawling and lore!

It's a nice seperate world from the main game, and the mechanics are simpler that the map for the Forge is small enough that it's fast to load. That's something I'm grateful for.

Thanks for keeping up the good work, Klei.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

You can always buy the skins from the in game Klei store when it is live. For $12.99 (USD) you get the entire collections and support the game's continued development.

that's what i plan to do, i like supporting awesome developers like klei =D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

I think clwnbaby has the highest level. (He was around 57 on a stream last night.) A lot of Strictly Unprofessional regulars have been playing a lot of the Forge beta this week and trying to break the game. (Trying to get to Winter, doing 5-6 of the same character runs, etc.)

57?!?! I'm only halfway to 25.... that's some serious dedication that guy has. 

Edited by Underthief

4 hours ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

You can always buy the skins from the in game Klei store when it is live. For $12.99 (USD) you get the entire collections and support the game's continued development.

Just to avoid any confusion here. The $12.99 collection includes all the character skin unlocks. It does not include item skins, portrait background, emotes or emoticons. Although you do get the fistshake emote for owning a complete Forge character skin. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Just to avoid any confusion here. The $12.99 collection includes all the character skin unlocks. It does not include item skins, portrait background, emotes or emoticons. Although you do get the fistshake emote for owning a complete Forge character skin. 

So we are sticking with the fist shake emote as a reward for set completion? I thought this was just a placeholder. 

It's really not a very interesting reward, maybe we can at least make chicken dance as the special reward? Will be same quality of reward but at least feels better ;p

(also I'm still  hoping we'll get to buy boxes later on, as long as they are cheap they'd bring more money and be more thrilling for some people)

3 minutes ago, RancorSnp said:

So we are sticking with the fist shake emote as a reward for set completion? I thought this was just a placeholder. 

It's really not a very interesting reward, maybe we can at least make chicken dance as the special reward? Will be same quality of reward but at least feels better ;p

(also I'm still  hoping we'll get to buy boxes later on, as long as they are cheap they'd bring more money and be more thrilling for some people)

fist shake emote fits the warrior set better, at least better than most emotes.

flex

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1