make it easier to use emoticons.

Gulakov

Hi I've played the Forge Beta for several hours and noticed one thing (or maybe its just me), noone is using the chat emoticons. Maybe its because you have to type it in, :poop:, instead of scrolling through the emoticons like in discord and WhatsApp or you could make a chatwheel to make things even easier. I would like to use them quicker.  Besides, is it possible to make a hotkey to let the healer know that you are about to die, without standing still for 3 seconds to spell heal wrong.

nothing really important just a small detail

Maybe some kind of autocomplete system? As in, you type ":ey" and press enter and the game automatically adds "eball:" (without sending the message). That would be really handy for typing emoticons faster.

17 hours ago, Gulakov said:

Besides, is it possible to make a hotkey to let the healer know that you are about to die, without standing still for 3 seconds to spell heal wrong.

Something like this could easily be made through a mod, but I'd like see it made by Klei themselves (since they'll probably do a better job, being in charge of all the game's code and whatnot.)

On 10/28/2017 at 9:08 AM, Electroely said:

Maybe some kind of autocomplete system? As in, you type ":ey" and press enter and the game automatically adds "eball:" (without sending the message). That would be really handy for typing emoticons faster.

5 hours ago, Maslak said:

I totally agree. How am I supposed to type :eyeball:w:eyeball: what's this? so fast in the middle of intense fight?

The autocomplete button is Tab.

Archived