Problem with harassment

heckmate

7 hours ago, Tukmens said:

Stop this! I don't know what's wrong with you people but if you can't stand a few persons who are trash talking then please don't go outside your house because life is more harsh than that. Harshness is a good thing in few occasions, for example if player takes healing staff but don't know how to use it and is not giving it to the other player who wanted to be a healer in the first place then that's a good way to build pressure on him.

Also ban system would kill this game, vote kick even doesn't work when you play on public servers because there are some players who start a vote to kick a random person and other players in the server just randomly accept it.

i should have the right to play my favorite game without being harassed, and i'm not changing my opinion about this. harassment is never okay; at the end of the day, it's just a game. if you feel the need to actually bully a REAL person over a fictional game, then i'd highly advise you to take a break and seek some help, please. i'd recommend spending time with friends and family, or maybe traveling a bit. 

tl;dr harassment is never okay because this is all a fictional game. 

ps: i'm so sorry that you think real life is this harsh, and i offer you my condolences. hope it gets better for you. 

23 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Okay, why is a global report system needed? Wouldn't kicking out the players be enough?

Okay, stop. I can agree with muting due to trash-talking/chat trolling or "harassment" as people here call it, I can agree with vote-kicking griefers/idlers/saboteurs, but if you're going to request to have globally banning players who just trash-talk in chat and refuse to use the mute option when it's right there and acknowledge and accept that in multiplayer games this will happen and you have the tools to prevent yourself from crying, then I think that's a step too far.

kicking the players wouldn't do anything because they could easily rejoin, couldn't they?? im talking about a hammerban system; if people are being abusive, i dont want them on MY server. 

as for the mute, i dont think that having to mute people EVERY time i go into a public server is really practical. 

i get that this is a beta, and that a lot of features aren't implemented yet. this was just food for thought for klei

4 hours ago, Tiggroonie said:

I could absolutely not disagree with what you're saying more. You're talking about real life, this here isn't real life, this is a video game, which most people use to get out of real life issues, they shouldn't be getting harassed in a game aswell. As to what you're saying about "harassment is good", no. Harassment is NOT good, cursing at someone, trolling someone because they didn't do what you wanted them to do is wrong and uncalled for.

It doesn't kill you to treat someone the way you'd want to be treated. I don't know whether you just misused the word Harass or not but either way pressuring someone to play the way YOU want them to play is not the way to go about these things.

Someone picking up the living staff and misusing it or generally not following the way the team wants to play sucks, but the answer to that isn't to harass someone, rather asking them to switch is fine and if they refuse to do so then you work it out another way.

i couldn't've said it better myself!

i just wish people would be more polite, like... it isn't really hard to not be rude...

20 minutes ago, blueyttrium said:

i should have the right to play my favorite game without being harassed, and i'm not changing my opinion about this. harassment is never okay; at the end of the day, it's just a game. if you feel the need to actually bully a REAL person over a fictional game, then i'd highly advise you to take a break and seek some help, please. i'd recommend spending time with friends and family, or maybe traveling a bit. 

tl;dr harassment is never okay because this is all a fictional game. 

ps: i'm so sorry that you think real life is this harsh, and i offer you my condolences. hope it gets better for you. 

It's so ironical because you're now pissed and trying to harass me indirectly. Double standards at work again, harassing directly in the game is bad but harassing people indirectly for different opinions at forums is fine. Logic.

I play this game for fun. And fun in my mind does not equal loosing or just playing something without any aim. I'm not an aimless person. I like to think and use strategies, play in the most optimal way to win.

Have you ever been outside of your safe space? Have you ever been in African countries, India, Thailand? And seeing how life's there you still think that life is fair and roses and fun? You're living so good only because people in those poor countries are starving otherwise all products you buy would cost at least 5x more. I've grown up in Eastern Europe at the time when Soviet Union collapsed and I can tell you that people like you most likely will do a suicide there most of the world except US and Western EU is a ******* harsh place and if you can't stand a bad word then you can't last here a day.

What then you want? Developers to work for weeks to create bad word logs, filters etc. Waste their precious development time to create a safe space for you? Or just create a system to ban every player who uses bad words from game and with that loosing half of the player base and revenue? I've always to wait in lobby for several minutes for match to begin and if you're too lazy to press few mute buttons during that time then there's something very wrong with you. It's your problem that you can't stand some F**K or B***H words.

I guess you're another social justice warrior. :D

9 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, all we need is a vote kick option and everything will be fine. Once they worked out the kinks it did quite well in the base game, so why not use it here too? A chat filter just seems unnecessary and global bans could potentially be problematic...

Vote kick we need ASAP because many trolls just join the game and go afk in the lobby.

3 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Am i 'smelling' here a potential troll/griefer and harasser?!

Lovely how some BillyBobbies that most likely are swearing left-and-right in game a la CS:GO just log-in DST forums 1-time to try shooting down people wanting online decency but fell nose-first over own cover-my-sliminess proverbial rug of "I want to be able to do all these vile things (trolling, foul language etc) in future too, is my mental flapper for irl frustration to swear at others online". Jolly-good, Billies, jolly good! ;)

You guessed wrong. In English I use swear words rarely myself only on extreme occasions when other players are not listening and doing everything wrong.

Just now, Tukmens said:

It's so ironical because you're now pissed and trying to harass me indirectly. Double standards at work again, harassing directly in the game is bad but harassing people indirectly for different opinions at forums is fine. Logic.

I play this game for fun. And fun in my mind does not equal loosing or just playing something without any aim. I'm not an aimless person. I like to think and use strategies, play in the most optimal way to win.

Have you ever been outside of your safe space? Have you ever been in African countries, India, Thailand? And seeing how life's there you still think that life is fair and roses and fun? You're living so good only because people in those poor countries are starving otherwise all products you buy would cost at least 5x more. I've grown up in Eastern Europe at the time when Soviet Union collapsed and I can tell you that people like you most likely will do a suicide there most of the world except US and Western EU is a ******* harsh place and if you can't stand a bad word then you can't last here a day.

What then you want? Developers to work for weeks to create bad word logs, filters etc. Waste their precious development time to create a safe space for you? Or just create a system to ban every player who uses bad words from game and with that loosing half of the player base and revenue? I've always to wait in lobby for several minutes for match to begin and if you're too lazy to press few mute buttons during that time then there's something very wrong with you. It's your problem that you can't stand some F**K or B***H words.

I guess you're another social justice warrior. :D

You are not being harassed or insulted, and you know it.  Unless, of course, saying that harassers are bad makes you defensive and angry and insulted - which clearly you are fighting for the ability to keep harassment alive and well, very telling about you as a person.

You are just trying to lie to discredit people, and you're using ridiculous hyperbole and obvious, and very ridiculous, strawmen.  You also have no idea at all what a safe space actually is, instead you're just spouting it off like it's an insult, just like you heard all your right winger nutjob radio show hosts spout off.   

You are adding absolutely nothing to this conversation that's of any value.  

13 minutes ago, Tukmens said:

I've grown up in Eastern Europe at the time when Soviet Union collapsed and I can tell you that people like you most likely will do a suicide there most of the world except US and Western EU is a ******* harsh place and if you can't stand a bad word then you can't last here a day.

Funny, I'm from a collapsed Soviet Union country, technically in Eastern Europe and my life isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. I don't fight for my life daily or anything like that. Besides, what does this have to do anything with being harassed inside a video game, where like I said before, people come to get out of this sort of nonsense, not to get into it.

PS: I agree that this thread needs to be locked, it's getting increasingly hostile and it's devolved from having a discussion about harassment to... harassing people in ways.

Archived