Blocking harrasing players and blocking them from matchmaking

MasterWolf

10 hours ago, SuperDavid said:

You can report them on Steam then, why must you report through DST? There is no difference other than causing pointless hassle for Klei :wilsondisapproving:...

Will be there proofs ? Because the point of reporting them on DST is that Klei got the logs, especially in forge. I'm not sure Steam could access to these proofs, and proofs are important.

42 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Will be there proofs ? Because the point of reporting them on DST is that Klei got the logs, especially in forge. I'm not sure Steam could access to these proofs, and proofs are important.

Spoiler

Oh, I dunno..maybe you can take a screenshot for proof or record a video...since anyone could edit a log if they host a server, I could get the game log then replace what everyone said with my own stuff which makes it a very unreliable "proof" :wilson_unimpressed:.

Also, reporting people & getting them banned isn't going to fix the root of the problem for every troll banned there will be another troll to take their place. 

What Klei needs to do is add a toggleable option which filters out "offensive" words then people who get offended from words can be safe from said words, that'd mean it would literally be impossible for anyone to offend anyone that has that filter on which would basically completely get rid of "harassment" for any person who doesn't want it.

And for griefers who idle they can be kicked if they idle long enough.

With that way all trolling problems will be solved by a huge amount, & everyone will be all happy & safe :wilson_celebrate:!

3 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

since anyone could edit a log if they host a server, I could get the game log then replace what everyone said with my own stuff which makes it a very unreliable "proof" :wilson_unimpressed:.

Which isn't the case for Forge as far as i know ?

3 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

Also, reporting people & getting them banned isn't going to fix the root of the problem for every troll banned there will be another troll to take their place. 

What will solve the problem better ?

Harrasser being muted, or harrasser being warned that his behavior isn't acceptable ? Because mute will solve nothing about the root of the problem, banning could, at least, fix some roots.

Just now, Lumina said:

What will solve the problem better ?

Harrasser being muted, or harrasser being warned that his behavior isn't acceptable ? Because mute will solve nothing about the root of the problem, banning could, at least, fix some roots.

Did you read what I wrote? I'll say it again if you missed it.

What Klei needs to do is add a toggleable option which filters out "offensive" words then people who get offended from words can be safe from said words, that'd mean it would literally be impossible for anyone to offend anyone that has that filter on which would basically completely get rid of "harassment" for any person who doesn't want it.

And for griefers who idle they can be kicked if they idle long enough.

With that way all trolling problems will be solved by a huge amount, & everyone will be all happy & safe :wilson_celebrate:!

Yes, i did, but it doesn't solve anything, it's just hiding. You think it's enough, you have all the right to do so.

I think that something really solving the problem would be better, even if again, i know it's hard to do. Still, it's better for various reasons, because it could prevent people to harrass and insult, when filter doesn't.

Just now, Lumina said:

I think that something really solving the problem would be better, even if again, i know it's hard to do. Still, it's better for various reasons, because it could prevent people to harrass and insult, when filter doesn't.

What's wrong with hiding the offensive words? If you seriously can change a person's nature, personality, & mindset by banning them from a game you're sadly mistaken. 

Many people who get banned will just make a new account then buy the game again a lot of people already do with far more expensive games than DST, which makes hiding a much more better way.

Also, the way I said will make people harrass/insult less because people almost always only harrass/insult when they know the person they are harrassing/insulting will get offended because trolls get bored if they get no replies or reaction from who they're trying to harass/insult.

A whole new reporting system would be a lot of work for Klei, and that's a lot of work they don't need to do. Thankfully you're not punished in this mode for leaving, so if you want to punish a troll, just leave the game. I doubt they'll be able to win 5/6 especially if they have that attitude. (the loss of XP is still an issue unfortunately :( )  

Sadly with the nature of online games you can never cure bad seeds. Even in hugely popular games with well established reporting systems, trolls and flamers are still rampant. It barely ever works.

I think a simple "Censor Profanity" option in the options would be great since it wouldn't be that hard to implement. Most games have it, why not? Not everyone wants to see rude words, directed at them at or not. Plus making it optional would make people less likely to try and circumvent it by putting a dot in the middle of a word or something. Also a vote kick -needs- to be implemented. It's in the base game so why not. Only issue is that groups of trolls could exploit it, or people would use it to votekick someone whose just not that good, which is unreasonable.

23 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

so if you want to punish a troll, just leave the game

And punish innocent players ? Great idea.

23 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

Sadly with the nature of online games you can never cure bad seeds

Yeah, i see this all the time. Like a great fatality. You can't, you can't, game are like this, internet is like this, what do you expect, this can't change, you must accept, you must expect.

I disagree with this kind of resignation, because it supports harrassment a lot. Improvement is possible. Some games are better than others, and it makes a huge difference. And i hope more games wil understand how important it is to act against harrassment, even if it has a cost.

2 minutes ago, Lumina said:

And punish innocent players ? Great idea.

It's certainly not fair, but it's the most effective solution. If the other players care too, they'd leave with you. Ask them if they want to party up (an offical party system would be good)  But this is not ideal, and would benefit the most from a votekick.

6 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Yeah, i see this all the time. Like a great fatality. You can't, you can't, game are like this, internet is like this, what do you expect, this can't change, you must accept, you must expect.

I disagree with this kind of resignation, because it supports harrassment a lot. Improvement is possible. Some games are better than others, and it makes a huge difference. And i hope more games wil understand how important it is to act against harrassment, even if it has a cost.

First of all, don't compare this to great fatalities. Second: It's an uphill battle I'm afraid. It can't change because people can't change. Jerks will always be jerks no matter what. (ok, maybe some people grow out of it, but still)

I've seen many games that try to implement systems to combat harassment and they either end up not working in the slightest, or are exploited to high heavens. Many games have been trying for YEARS, especially huge games like Counter Strike and League of Legends, both games that have made entire systems dedicated to fighting harassment. You think they work at all? You can join a game in either of those and still be met with your fair share of jerks which is also due to how big the games are. 

Is it possible to completely eradicate harassment entirely? Maybe. But that would require SO much time and resources from Klei that it's just not worth it for them, since a report feature would need people to read and validate these reports, often in a multitude of different languages. Where a simple votekick system and a optional chat censor would be simple and easy to implement, and would keep out the riff-raff and offer players at least some protection from harassment. It's the first step towards improvement.

Trust me, I want everyone to get along and love each other. I'm a mellow dude, peace and love, etc. but people suck sometimes and it's hard to change them. god damn people why u gotta be like this why cant we just get alongggg

Huge resources?

I would love to be able to ban people via ip address and/or MAC address. That would solve the issue of people getting in by making multiple accounts. I can use a VPN while playing DST, so maybe a way to force players to disable their VPNs if they want to play would be good (this is standard in many games).

Currently there is no way to mute people once the game has started, so if they start being annoying, there is nothing you can do but leave. And that is not a solution.

If Klei doesn't enforce some sort of standard, which I assume would be in their terms of service, not much will change.

Honestly, I am quite disappointed at half of the responses to this post. Some people seem to love to tell others to just "suck it up, and take it". It doesn't take huge resources to implement some basic standards that have been used by many games in the past.

Archived