[Game Update] - 122

- Winona has entered the world of Don’t Starve Together.
- Fixed a crash when entering/leaving the caves.
- Fixed not being able to fish when pets or other creatures are nearby.
- Fixed bug with Abigail’s damage aura if she was hurt while spawning.
- Fixed bug where dropping items could interrupt some character states unintentionally.

View full update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hello friendly and helpful developers,

Since this update was released (122) I am having some major crashes in my PS4 650+ day mega base world.

From what I can tell, the crash only occured in the caves but happens every 5 minutes or so. For a brief while all my servers were not accessible, showing a question mark over the world name.

Now, I can get back in the worlds, but the cave entrances' are blocked by roots or something. Amusingly WX states, "Error, Don't want to", when investigating the blockage/ trying to enter caves.

It all could be a nasty coincidence however, as I happen to be investigating if my labyrinth is only accessible by tenta-hole, as it is not directly connected to the ruins. I had the bright idea to make a thulacite medallion which showed the ancient key was miles out of my cave worlds main biomes -  which I have completely explored the caves/ ruins edges.

Maybe revealing the labyrinth/ guardian is bugged out has caused the problem? 

Maybe its the new update, as the crashes only occurred post update?

Either way, losing my mega-base world would be tragic - please help!

- B

Edited by BlisteredSCAB
Typographical errors fixed

Having the same problems with my 450+ base (crashes every 5 min inside the caves). I’m pretry sure this is related to the update since I didn’t have this problems before, I played it for more than 1 hour before installing the update without problems.

2 hours ago, Chenca said:

Having the same problems with my 450+ base (crashes every 5 min inside the caves). I’m pretry sure this is related to the update since I didn’t have this problems before, I played it for more than 1 hour before installing the update without problems.

Hiya Chenca,

My assumption is that we hopefully will hear back from the dev's within 24 hours - allowing for the earth being a globe thing.

I have a query for you though - if you come out of the caves, log out, then log back in... do you then have 'roots' or 'something' blocking the entrance to your caves?

Now all my cave entrances are blocked.

Sorry to hear you have the same issue, I hope for both our sake's its fixable!

I also now realise that this maybe should have gone in the bug thread?

- B

• Developer

@BlisteredSCAB @Chenca @Timpressive @Felix-The-Ghost

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your saves games. I'm looking into the issues (crashes in the caves, being unable to travel through sinkholes) but haven't been able to reproduce them yet. For the crashes in the caves, have you reported them to Sony? I haven't seen them in the tool yet. It would be helpful if you attached a screenshot/video and added a comment mentioning this forum and your forum user name so I can find them more easily.

It would also be useful to have your save games as it might be something in your worlds or bases that's causing the problems. Can you follow the steps in the FAQ and attach the zipped save files to this thread. They can't be copied or used by anyone else on a regular PS4 console - they're encrypted and can only be opened on a dev kit - so you don't have to worry about anyone else accessing them.
The steps are here:

Be sure to compress and send the entire "PS4" folder on your USB device, not just the file called "SAVE"

• Like 1

That all is reasonable though at this moment I'm having computer problems and am unable to complete those requests. You shouldn't be getting "crash reports" because in game it gracefully just throws an error worded "the server you are playing on is unavailable at this time" and closes the world.

I'm genuinely surprised you are unable to reproduce the blocked sinkhole glitch--every single player I've encountered has the same problem. We originally thought it was the new character from the inspection dialogue but no character can enter. No special steps to reproduce, it can be a fresh world or an existing world and have the same obstruction. No dlc, default everything.

Actually, it just occurred to me, if you really think it would help in some way, I could use the built-in recording in PS4 and upload raw footage.

Update: just did this (on a fresh and an existing world) and now they seem to be working, like it was some kind of problem for several hours because it just released and stabilized now somehow.

Edited by Felix-The-Ghost

Hello, I just wanted to make a point. and ask for advice. I have been having problems since I did a update for Don't Starve Together on my Playstation 4, Where I am not Able to go into the Caves. unless I am playing on my own. And when I get more friends to join me. The caves are blocked off by this Sinkhole.  I really do want to keep playing this game with my friends. But we can't enter the caves to get items..

Could someone enlighten me with some infomation?

Also I would be willing to help with any infomation,

Edited by Omegaweapon1371
Wanted to add Extra infomation

• Developer

@Felix-The-Ghost Thanks for the clarification. The previous posters were both mentioning "crashes every five minutes", which is why I was looking for crash reports. A video probably wouldn't be very helpful, but a save game might be. In the meantime I will continue to investigate.

Other bits of information that could be useful:

- Does it happen when you're alone on a server, or only when there are other players around?

- Does it happen in split screen?

- Does it happen in offline mode?

@Timpressive @Chenca @BlisteredSCAB @Omegaweapon1371

• Like 1

Hey CharlesB. With the infomation to when the Sinkholes happen. I have noticed. On a Hosted world. The sinkholes only get blocked when you invite someone like a friend. The only way to bypass this. Is to move into the caves. As the Host. Then invite your friend in. Even then. You only have 5 mins or less before the the game says Server has gone offline.

Me and a friend tried going into a A dedicated server On the PS4 And the SinkHole wasen't blocked.

I had it happen in my personal world which only I play in. Server mode online though local only. Doesn't happen anymore though like it was a networking issue that sorted itself out after a while without software updates.

Update: Guess I'm not sure what to think. I was just walking around then I noticed a closed sinkhole. I went back to the one that was working earlier and it was glitched also.

Some new information: I loaded my world from the main menu and the sinkhole was visibly open. I stood in place with it on screen for 3-4 minutes, a little after dusk and it changed to the glitched state.

I've also found that sinkholes will be obstructed 100% of the time if you use an in-game rollback. Another glitch regarding that feature I suppose.

I believe these bugs are one and the same: caves seem to de-allocate themselves after a few minutes, wether or not you are inside them. I loaded the world, entered the cave, and got the "crash" when the caves de-allocated at the same time of day the sinkhole closed on the surface. They are forced loaded when starting from the title screen or the last rollback was inside of them. They are not loaded at all from an in-game rollback unless you were already inside.

This is why during my testing earlier I observed it "working" because on the fresh world I opened a sinkhole within that timeframe and I loaded my existing world from the title menu, where it will work for 3-4 minutes, I didn't stick around long enough to see it fail.

dank memes

Same thing happened to me also. Playing on an offline solo world. Plugged cave entrance, a simple logged out and logged in fixed it, manage to get into the cave, but every couple of minutes the game will crash with this message: “the server you’re playing on is unavailable at this time”. Seems like it’s only happening when I’m in the cave. Hope it’ll be fix soon. It’s summer in my world, which means caving time.

2 hours ago, CharlesB said:

@Felix-The-Ghost Thanks for the clarification. The previous posters were both mentioning "crashes every five minutes", which is why I was looking for crash reports. A video probably wouldn't be very helpful, but a save game might be. In the meantime I will continue to investigate.

- Does it happen when you're alone on a server, or only when there are other players around?

Hiya CharlesB,

Apologies is my post was not as clear as it could be - I am a forum scrub!

To clarify, there was never an option to report the error to Sony - as Felix-The-Ghost clarified, the error message in game is, ""the server you are playing on is unavailable at this time".

I play online, not split screen, and my world has never had any visitors.

I was setting up this world for hitting raid bosses with friends next weekend : )

I want to reiterate for when you look at my file attached later, almost every time I log into the world I have the cave entrances blocked and cannot go down at all. Sometimes I can get in when I have just logged in, but this is quickly followed by the blockages appearing off-screen, or if I am in the caves the 'crash'. 

I am such a scrub that I do not have a USB storage device at home, so I will pick one up on my travels today and then follow your instructions to attach the relevant PS4 zipped files.

BBS

'2 hours later'

I decided it would be more useful to actually post with the file so went AFK not posting : )

I have attached the file in the bug report tracker PS4 forum, good luck CharlesB!

- B

8 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Hello,

I also have experienced this issue with the sinkholes being plugged. I can confirm that the crashes only happen if you're in the caves for longer than 3 minutes. I have spoken to random people I join in the public servers and they all confirm that their sinkholes are plugged and can't access them. The sinkholes only stay open for 3 minutes when you first open your world but then close. All PS4 users at this moment can't access them. I've tried speaking to several users and they all encounter this issue. 

FYI It does happen whether you're offline or not or with other people around.

The same issue you're seeing in @Chenca's videos is the issue I'm posting about. Hope this helps!

@CharlesB

Edited by Sergestra
spelling correction
  • Like 1

Just tried to open 3 x cave entrances on a 19 day old world... All 3 were blocked with a vine/root type thing after I mined away the sinkhole plug thing.

Exited out & re-logged... caves were now open. Haven't had chance to test what others have reported about game crashing after being in caves for approx. 5 min though.

Edited by bestnick8

5 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Just a quick update. I've found the problem and am working on a fix. Thanks everyone for your help. We'll get it fixed and patched up ASAP.

:D

In game I just danced for a solid minute!

Good luck CharlesB, and thanks again!

Note to other players out there, the lack of caves for now dedicated me to training my first Ornery Beefalo! : )

- B

• Like 1