Inefficient Advice

11 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

One exception: In Adventure Mode in single-player it's a great idea to burn tufts, saplings, spiky bushes, etc. 

in adventure mode i just burn a forest every night (if i see one) for scouting and heat

another advice: force wolfgang to transform with food and rot to be invincible while on animation

how to get rabbits 

1. build prehatituatator whatever is it called i don't know. you need to catch 4 rabbits first so don't be lazy make 4 traps and get 4 rabbits

2. open the magic tab

3. look at the shadow manipulator recipe

4. find the materials you need

5. build the shadow manipulator

6. now a rabbit will appear

7. build more shadow manipulators to get more rabbits

8. just let the rabbits roam in your base, screaming in every single step you take

9. fling yourself to jupiter

3 minutes ago, Daxterr said:

If you want to get some easy health back and it's winter then go hunt a walrus. It's what the Inuits did in rough times. The meat that it drops will give you 3 HP back when you cook it! This can be repeated as many times as you need.

meh, just eat Deerclops eye. It will give you more hp

How to get rope:

1) Chop down TONS of trees

2) Treeguard spawns

3) Use its sanity aura to go insane

4) Kill treeguard

5) Fight nightmare creatures for nightmare fuel

6) Use shadow manipulator to craft a dark sword with the living logs and nightmare fuel

7) Use the dark sword to kill dragonfly

8) Use the green gems from dragonfly to make a deconstruction staff

9) Find the beefalo trap setpiece

10) Deconstruct one of the wooden walls

Et Voila! Rope.

On 18.10.2017 at 5:50 PM, RamboDash15 said:
  • Living Logs - Chop a bunch of birchnut trees until a Poison Birchnut Tree spawns. Run away for a bit until it despawns, then chop down the tree and dig the stump, which should give a living log.

the devs patched this sometime ago.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. farm materials for a feather hat

2. kill a bunch of spiders and gather at least 200 silk

3. make at least 40 bird traps

4. use feather hat in winter to catch blue birds and kill them for azure feathers

5. gather 40 azure feathers and collect 80 reeds

6. craft 40 blow darts

7. kill deerclops with the darts.

8. eat the eye for AMAZING 75 hunger. Best natural meal I've ever surprised-eyes.png

Check tumbleweeds for trinkets, feed to PK for gold.
Wait in meteor field and dodge falling rocks, take stones and logs from debris.
Assemble Science Machine in obscure location.
Die.
Wait for brand new players to join.
Tell them that you need a Wes to revive you with spooky mime powers.
Get them to look and look for you until they die.
Rinse, repeat.
Revive at touchstone.
Gather dropped balloons.
Bring to catcoon.
Feed balloons until electrical doodads are obtained.
Descend into caves.
Hammer rabbit hutches for boards (You can set bunny puffs on the ground and set them on fire to preserve a bit of torch time.).
Ruins.
Hammer decorative chairs for cut stone.
Return to surface science machine.
ALCHEMY ENGINE YEEE

or just play wes

Don't waste lightbulbs by fueling miners hats or lanterns with them. Only two lightbulbs will give you light for days and allow you to go anywhere you want at night!

Simply place a bulb down in the direction you want to go, then take a few steps and place down the second one. Now pick up the previous bulb. Rinse repeat!

13 hours ago, TheFacelessMane said:

Don't waste lightbulbs by fueling miners hats or lanterns with them. Only two lightbulbs will give you light for days and allow you to go anywhere you want at night!

Simply place a bulb down in the direction you want to go, then take a few steps and place down the second one. Now pick up the previous bulb. Rinse repeat!

Actually legit done this when grass/twigs were in low supply in some worlds pre-lanterns.

22 hours ago, TheFacelessMane said:

make light pathway instead, what also works is to do it with 2 people while one is carrying marble piece

Spoiler

C04B671E0D03CA0F600EE9733B6DB76EC93E4A52

On 11.12.2017 at 4:50 AM, Chiseledquartz27 said:

Is there a way to chat through the console?

On 9.12.2017 at 5:00 PM, brbrmensch said:

make light pathway instead, what also works is to do it with 2 people while one is carrying marble piece

Hide contents

C04B671E0D03CA0F600EE9733B6DB76EC93E4A52

Better yet...

go the ruins

bring a slurper in your head to base and don't starve in the process

drop the splurper next to a pig

feed 4 monster meat to a pig

let the slurper slowly kill the werepig

Best pig skin farm!

20171210045730_1.jpg

20171210050446_2.jpg

20171210050552_1.jpg

11 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Turn them into moon caller staffs and deconstruction them for some OP gems :wilson_laugh:

Also ravishing garden accents.

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

let the slurper slowly kill the werepig

Best pig skin farm!

...well now I'm curious as to whether or not Slurpers can be healed by things like healing salves to keep them around.
Late-game, with a Beefalo for transport, they could actually be useful...

40 minutes ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

...well now I'm curious as to whether or not Slurpers can be healed by things like healing salves to keep them around.
Late-game, with a Beefalo for transport, they could actually be useful...

I'd assume they can.  I often heal the moles that fall during cave-ins using spare blood sacks so that it's safe to hammer them and add them to a moleworm farm.  They tricky part would be getting them to stay still while you heal them.  You could use two shots with an ice staff, or you could just let them drain 233 hunger from you, since they'll be sleepy after.  Deconstructing a single bird cage won't be enough, and you can't deconstruct fast enough to keep up with the hunger.  Instead, I'd suggest building 50 bird cages in advance, clustered together as much as possible, and then,  once you're ready to put a slurper to sleep, using a collection of weather pains to break them down for the seeds.  Then you have a chance to heal it.  You can use a bug net to catch mosquitoes from tumbleweeds, or I'm sure you can find advice on how to make healing salves or honey poultices around here somewhere.

16 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

You can use a bug net to catch mosquitoes from tumbleweeds

that doesn't work, i got a weird green fat mosquito once that was flopping after me and stealing balloon piles (made a few), also when i tried to catch it, the animation was strange and my bug net broke after a few tries

Charcoal: Wait until full moon. Have glommer statue. Kill glommer. Kill Krampus. We're not done yet, take a campfire and place it next to a forest, using the glommer goop to light it to it's maximum to make sure you maximize your output. Don't forget to stand in the fire so it spreads faster.

31 minutes ago, Backtalker said:

Charcoal: Wait until full moon. Have glommer statue. Kill glommer. Kill Krampus. We're not done yet, take a campfire and place it next to a forest, using the glommer goop to light it to it's maximum to make sure you maximize your output. Don't forget to stand in the fire so it spreads faster.

working strat if you don't have twigs, for example

i saw a guy who spent all of his grass and he actually had to make firepit for light

Archived