Inefficient Advice

I've been thinking for a while about some of the more inefficient ways to farm certain items and have been wondering what other people can think of. This isn't meant to troll, just for a laugh or two.

So far I have:

• Ashes - Tap into your inner Runescape player and build a bunch of campfires, when they go out, you get an ash
  • Living Logs - Chop a bunch of birchnut trees until a Poison Birchnut Tree spawns. Run away for a bit until it despawns, then chop down the tree and dig the stump, which should give a living log.
  • Jet Feathers - Pengulls sometimes drop jet feathers, and if you go to their nests you may find that another mob had killed them for you, and left 1 or 2 feathers.

I'd love to hear your own inefficient advice for this game.

Ashes :

Step 1) Wait at the portal until you find a noob

Step 2) Get the noob killed somehow, and then ask him to follow you to the desert.

Step 3) Tell him you need a red gem to craft an amulet for his revive. Ask him to haunt the hounds at the desert and kill fire hounds for ash.

Step 4) As soon as you get a red gem, go ahead and revive that noob so he won't question your true intention. Repeat step 1 to 4 for more ashes.

2 hours ago, landromat said:

Build and destroy fences to convert grass into twigs (this can help sometimes actually)

Ty for your interesting tips. Didn't know about it lol.

Normally if I am in desperate need of a few twigs, I will plant some trees then dig them out.

4 hours ago, RamboDash15 said:

Living Logs - Chop a bunch of birchnut trees until a Poison Birchnut Tree spawns. Run away for a bit until it despawns, then chop down the tree and dig the stump, which should give a living log.

Actually this one is pretty good at day 200+, poison birchs are more frequent.

But this...

5 hours ago, RamboDash15 said:

Ashes - Tap into your inner Runescape player and build a bunch of campfires, when they go out, you get an ash

I dont agree, this is better: create a new account at RS, tutorial island, , level up ranged til lvl 60 and go kill lesser demons at Karamja Volcano. Git gud

- Manure: Farm dragon fruits and feed them all to the pigs.

- Honey: Kill bees and destroy all bee hives. Use the honey as filler for Ratatouille.

- Charcoal: Burn "totally normal trees".

- Gold: Farm pig skin and give it to Pig King.

13 minutes ago, Queron81 said:

- Honey: Kill bees and destroy all bee hives. Use the honey as filler for Ratatouille.

Actually, that is pretty handy sometimes. Last time I spent 2 days as Wendy in the wasp hive biome and gathered more than 2 stacks of honey. In winter. 

Werepigs: build eight improved farms, and dig up and relocate eight berry bushes nearby.  Build a new birdcage, catch a bird, and put it inside.  Build four crockpots in a square and place an ice box in the middle.  Grow seeds to maturity, and feed durians to the bird to get seeds.  Farm durians, and cook 2 durians + 2 berries = monster lasagna.  Produce monster lasagna in batches of 4.  Place lasagna in the ice box to grow stale, so it doesn't fill as much hunger anymore.  Feed 4 stale monster lasagna to pig to produce werepig; you'll need to wait a couple minutes before feeding the last monster lasagna to the pig, but it can be done in a single day as long as all the lasagnas are stale.

1 hour ago, TemporaryMan said:

Werepigs: build eight improved farms, and dig up and relocate eight berry bushes nearby.  Build a new birdcage, catch a bird, and put it inside.  Build four crockpots in a square and place an ice box in the middle.  Grow seeds to maturity, and feed durians to the bird to get seeds.  Farm durians, and cook 2 durians + 2 berries = monster lasagna.  Produce monster lasagna in batches of 4.  Place lasagna in the ice box to grow stale, so it doesn't fill as much hunger anymore.  Feed 4 stale monster lasagna to pig to produce werepig; you'll need to wait a couple minutes before feeding the last monster lasagna to the pig, but it can be done in a single day as long as all the lasagnas are stale.

This is everything I could ever dream of.

Food - Shovel the rabbit holes and mushrooms.

Winter heat source - Torch saplings, grass blades, and cacti.

Fire - Make sure to always keep your fire burning at the highest tier. An excellent way to do this is to make a straw roll and toss it in the fire.

1 hour ago, aBunnyNom said:

Fire - Make sure to always keep your fire burning at the highest tier. An excellent way to do this is to make a straw roll and toss it in the fire.

Eh, straw roll's still more efficient than just feeding it grass.  If you have a Wickerbottom and a lureplant grass farm, it could be dirt cheap, too.

35 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

Eh, straw roll's still more efficient than just feeding it grass.  If you have a Wickerbottom and a lureplant grass farm, it could be dirt cheap, too.

You're right. Pick all the flowers someone painstakingly placed near bee boxes and use that for fuel instead.

How to get charcoal

1. Kill the dragonfly

2. Pick up the green gen it drops

3. Take the gem and go to the ancient ruins

4. Make a deconstruction staff

5. Go back to the surface

6. Look for the boomerang set piece

7. Use the staff on the boomerang

8. Bam, charcoal

Archived